Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 323839404142 43444546 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 1:31pm

Style: Muay Thai, No Gi Judo/Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you mean Muaythai is not effective close range?

Ever heard of the MuayThai clinch? its where all the elbows and knees HAPPEN!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:15pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lord Asia stated.

Don't worry. We know you're British and you're still mad at us.
    Well, we (America) did claim that we saved Britain and the rest of Europe from Nazi Germany. But every British schoolboy knows that it was the RAF who saved Europe in the Battle of Britain.

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand
    Well, we (America) did claim that we saved Britain and the rest of Europe from Nazi Germany. But every British schoolboy knows that it was the RAF who saved Europe in the Battle of Britain.
    How? The Spitfire was incapable of striking beyond UK airspace. Defending one country doesn't save all of Europe.

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    How? The Spitfire was incapable of striking beyond UK airspace. Defending one country doesn't save all of Europe.
    In the sense that without the use of Britain as the world's largest aircraft carrier/landing craft, D-Day would have been impossible - defending one country did save all of Europe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hitler's failure in the Battle of Britain led directly to his invasion of the Soviet Union a year later which spelled the beginning of the end for the Fuhrer. Some would say militarily, the Soviets were doing a pretty good job on their own after Stalingrad (although they probably would have trouble withstanding the initial onslaught without American support).

Some would say that militarily America did not so much save Europe in the Battle of Normandy (with British help of course) from Hitler as much as it saved it from Stalin.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 1/16/2006 3:39pm at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kidspatula,
    Are you saying everything about _ing _ung is crap? OK, the lack of aliveness or full contact sparring in many _ing _ung schools speaks for itself. But it is not clear to me that one can dismiss all of _ing _ung as crap. For instance, some of the techniques can be useful.

Are we saying that the straight blast is utterly useless simply because it lacks power? What it lacks in power, it makes up for with speed. A straight blast may not knock the guy out but it can cause damage in several locations quickly. It can be especially useful if the guy you are fighting is expecting a cross and instead you surprised him with the straight blast followed by a cross or throw. I agree with AAAhmed46 in that it can be good if they updated a few things.

yes, everything about wing chun sucks, now go eat a turd.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man
    Kidspatula chill out !!!..................you just need a good slapping, then i reckon you will be ok and ready to do the dishes, oh then maybe the ironing if you have time :suicide:

Steve
    Boy, that whole misogyny line never gets old, even after I've heard it from every asshole that see's that I'm a woman. It is apparent that you have no penis.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kidspatula stated:
    yes, everything about wing chun suck, now go eat a turd.
    You are a spunky one. To say everything about a martial art sucks and that there are no redeeming values or any useful techniques in a martial art is a rather extreme position. I for one feel that a little wing chun can be a useful setup for other techniques whether muay thai or BJJ especially if your opponent is not expecting it. But anyway, that is just my view.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you that muay thai is a better overall system. Kind of like a BBA with summer internships is better job preparation than a two year associate. But to say that a 2 year associate is useless is extreme.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 1/16/2006 4:43pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:15pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kidspatula,
    Are you saying everything about _ing _ung is crap? OK, the lack of aliveness or full contact sparring in many _ing _ung schools speaks for itself. But it is not clear to me that one can dismiss all of _ing _ung as crap. For instance, some of the techniques can be useful.

Are we saying that the straight blast is utterly useless simply because it lacks power? What it lacks in power, it makes up for with speed. A straight blast may not knock the guy out but it can cause damage in several locations quickly. It can be especially useful if the guy you are fighting is expecting a cross and instead you surprised him with the straight blast followed by a cross or throw.
    This is exactly the way a martial artist should be discussing the subject.
    It is also my point exactly and i totally agree. :zicon_ram

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    This is exactly the way a martial artist should be discussing the subject.
    It is also my point exactly and i totally agree. :zicon_ram

seriously, shut the **** up about what a martial artist "should" be doing. All a martial artist need do is practice a martial art. Idiot.
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 323839404142 43444546 ... LastLast