Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313738394041 42434445 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:20am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is this relevant to the forum or are you just taking the piss out of me?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 7:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NHB/MMA/Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Na not at you personally...............just see so much dissin out, i thought i would join the anger.

Why cant we all love each other sigh !

Steve

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 7:20am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we should all respect each other's inherent right to be downright silly and waste time learning crap. _ing _ung is just as valid as Muay Thai*. There, I said it.

* Unless of course we are talking about fighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 9:28am

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kidspatula,
    Are you saying everything about _ing _ung is crap? OK, the lack of aliveness or full contact sparring in many _ing _ung schools speaks for itself. But it is not clear to me that one can dismiss all of _ing _ung as crap. For instance, some of the techniques can be useful.

Are we saying that the straight blast is utterly useless simply because it lacks power? What it lacks in power, it makes up for with speed. A straight blast may not knock the guy out but it can cause damage in several locations quickly. It can be especially useful if the guy you are fighting is expecting a cross and instead you surprised him with the straight blast followed by a cross or throw. I agree with AAAhmed46 in that it can be good if they updated a few things.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:03am

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who the **** are you to tell anyone what martial arts are about? It's really annoying to hear some ass jack on the internet say "you're not a true martial artist" or "I can't believe you people call yourselves martial artists!" because of criticisms or smack talk being flung around. And yes, muay thai IS better than wing chun because wing chun fucking sucks.
    I don't normally do this, but since your atitude was so positive, I will express myself clearly.

Kidspatula, go **** yourself.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:09am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    I think we should all respect each other's inherent right to be downright silly and waste time learning crap. _ing _ung is just as valid as Muay Thai*. There, I said it.

* Unless of course we are talking about fighting.
    Here here!!!

If you want to think you _ing _un is just as good as Muay Thai then go ahead just don't try getting into any fights.

I wonder why pple can accept the simple FACT that all arts are NOT equal. Some are way better than others and _ing _un isn't one of them.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:11am

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    Dude, i dont hate wing chun.

Infact if they updated a few things it could be good.

But the fact is that many schools do shitty things with wing chun.

Same with karate. My teacher is good, he cross trained in alot of stuff; and the only ''traditional'' practice we do is kata essentially.

If my teacher can do that; why cant wing chun teachers? If kyokushin and even some shotokan schools can change and uptdate thier striking and bring it into MMA then why cant wing chun?

Yet wing chun consistantly seems to refuse to believe this.

Infact MMA and BJJ guys seem to be more open about other styles then freaking wing chun.

Wheni hear ''my style is the best stand up style'' it's almost always some wing chun guy. I see this attitude alot with them.
    That's the result of the bullshit marketing and brainwashing the students of some schools are exposed to. Best example? Leung Ting and Emin Boztepe. Those guys screwed up the reputation of the Hong Kong families so much, it's not even funny.

Wing Chun is just another Kung Fu style, nothing else; the whole marketing a la Krav Ma(n)ga you see around is bullshit. Another reason for me to hate the term ''self defense''.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 11:31am

Style: Self-Protection

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Racist~

BTW you will never understand the internet completely because you are not American. We invented it.
    The Internet was actually invented by an English man, Tim Berners-Lee.

But, don't worry, you're an American. It's in your nature to take the credit for everything!

(I now await loads of anti-Limey crap... especially the typical, unfounded, pathetic and unoriginal jibes about teeth and how we'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for you.)

LOL

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sounds of your own self-importance. Can you say that again?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 11:51am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattr
    The Internet was actually invented by an English man, Tim Berners-Lee.

But, don't worry, you're an American. It's in your nature to take the credit for everything!

(I now await loads of anti-Limey crap... especially the typical, unfounded, pathetic and unoriginal jibes about teeth and how we'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for you.)

LOL
    WRONG.
    These are the men who STARTED the internet concept and it goes back to 1962: Barry M. Leiner, Vinton G. Cerf, David D. Clark,
    Robert E. Kahn, Leonard Kleinrock, Daniel C. Lynch,
    Jon Postel, Larry G. Roberts, Stephen Wolff

Tim Berners-Lee didn't make a contribution to decades later. He started the WORLD WIDE WEB but NOT the internet.

Don't worry you're British we know you're still mad at us. :wave:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313738394041 42434445 ... LastLast