Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who the **** cares that BJJ is japanese in origin? I sure the hell don't.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    Yes, as much as you would like to deny it, BJJ came from JUJITSU, which is an asian art. This is why its call Brazilian jiujitsu.

You do realize the word Brazilian "jiujitsu" is a Japanese word, not a Brazilian word right?

So yes, BJJ came from an asian art.
    Correction: The Brazilians got ahold of Judo and made it good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is essentially correct. The majority of westerners don't understand that budo is a means to personal self-enlightenment; you should be equally happy practicing budo as learning to tea ceremony to reach that ultimate goal. If you think otherwise, you don't get what budo is all about.
    So say many Japanese authors on budo, and I've never heard anyone disagree with them. Of course, that could be because they only write in Japanese, and anyone who can read the books will get their central message. But never, ever confuse budo with learning how to fight.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 12:11pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpatsu
    This thread is essentially correct. The majority of westerners don't understand that budo is a means to personal self-enlightenment; you should be equally happy practicing budo as learning to tea ceremony to reach that ultimate goal. If you think otherwise, you don't get what budo is all about.
    So say many Japanese authors on budo, and I've never heard anyone disagree with them. Of course, that could be because they only write in Japanese, and anyone who can read the books will get their central message. But never, ever confuse budo with learning how to fight.

Still fishing away, eh Elton? :rolleyes:
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't we have this discussion on E-Budo, Tony.

What you say on BUDO is true but many here don't do BUDO the would fall into the category of BUJUTSU or KAKUTOGI.

You seem to understand Asian MA pretty well and your British so that proves this thread essentially false. :icon_tong
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    Still fishing away, eh Elton? :rolleyes:
    You still don't get it, do you? Budo is about personal development, not fighting, as any fule no. If you don't get that, you ain't a budoka. I ask again: where did you learn your Japanese?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Didn't we have this discussion on E-Budo, Tony.

What you say on BUDO is true but many here don't do BUDO the would fall into the category of BUJUTSU or KAKUTOGI.

You seem to understand Asian MA pretty well and your British so that proves this thread essentially false. :icon_tong
    My British what? Or are you alluding to my inherent superiority? :tongue11:

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should especially not confuse learning Shorinji kempo with learning how to fight.

The passage above is symptomatic of a particular strain of bullshido: the idea that the martial arts are some sort of spiritual path.

It is particularly common among practioners of Aikido, Shorinji Kempo and Shorin Ryu Kararte, but it exsits elsewhere.

When I trained in Japan, back in the day, I used to spew that kind of nonsense to anyone who would listen. None of the Japanese karate-ka I met had the fainatest idea of what I was talking about. They were intereseted in learning how to fight, to compete in tournaments and to be "sturongu" as they put it.

Pure flapdoodle. Pure bullshido.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:19pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You still don't get it, do you? Budo is about personal development, not fighting, as any fule no. If you don't get that, you ain't a budoka. I ask again: where did you learn your Japanese?

No, you don't get it. No one gives two craps about your self-aggrandizing bullshit. Your desperate attempts at self-promotion will continue to fail. As for this..."Japanese" you call it? I told you before I don' know nothin' about that strange language. Never even heard of it until you enlightened me. Only a true master like you know anything about that. Hell, you are probably the one who taught it to the Japanese people!
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From a British Shorinji Kempo Federation website. Shameless.

'"Shorinji Kempo traces its origins back almost 5000 years to India.
    From India, Buddhism spread to many countries, including China. Bodhidharma, the sixth century founder of Zen Buddhism, introduced kempo to the legendary Shaolin Temple ('Shorin-Ji' in Japanese), located in Honan prefecture. Here kempo became the main form of spiritual training for the buddhist monks and the monastery became famous for its fighting arts.

"Wall paintings can still be seen today in the Shaolin Temple of dark-skinned (Indian) monks practicing and teaching kempo to light-skinned (Chinese) monks.

"The Imperial Chinese Government, feeling threatened, destroyed the temple and persecuted the monks. The techniques however continued to be taught and practiced by various secret societies as a means of protection against bandits and corrupt officials.

"Many different forms of kempo were developed and kept alive by these secret societies."

http://www.bskf.org/history.html