224802 Bullies, 3677 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 341 to 350 of 478
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 253132333435 3637383945 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 12:31am

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29826

    I think post #5 from this thread says a lot about people like PRC4Eva.

    This man speaks the truth. I'd be very pissed if I were Mitsuo Maeda.
    omg BJJ came from JUDO!?!? I HOPE THIS GETS POSTED ANOTHER SEVERAL THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE THE SITE GETS DISOLVED!!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  2. SammyKing is offline

    WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    156

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 12:38am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    omg BJJ came from JUDO!?!? I HOPE THIS GETS POSTED ANOTHER SEVERAL THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE THE SITE GETS DISOLVED!!
    I think you should learn how to read first. 3rd grade education maybe?

    From the BJJ site:

    Japanese Judo and jiu-jitsu master named Mitsuo Maeda came to Brazil. In return for help from the Brazilian politician Gastao Gracie, Koma taught jiu-jitsu to Gastao's son Carlos.
    So the guy did both Judo and Jiu-jitsu, that didn't say anything about JJ = Judo.

    Gosh, do people on this site even have a college degree?? Or did everyone failed high school thats why they get into MA so they don't have to use their brian or reading skills?
    Last edited by SammyKing; 1/02/2006 12:40am at .
  3. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 12:47am

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    I think you should learn how to read first. 3rd grade education maybe?

    From the BJJ site:



    So the guy did both Judo and Jiu-jitsu, that didn't say anything about JJ = Judo.

    Gosh, do people on this site even have a college degree?? Or did everyone failed high school thats why they get into MA so they don't have to use their brian or reading skills?

    ok, let me rephrase, since you're just that stupid:

    OMG BJJ COMES FROM JUDO AND JUJITSU!?!? PLEASE PLEASE DEAR GOD I HOPE THIS GETS POSTED ANOTHER BILLION TIMES BEFORE THE END!!!!!!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  4. SammyKing is offline

    WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    156

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 12:55am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, as much as you would like to deny it, BJJ came from JUJITSU, which is an asian art. This is why its call Brazilian jiujitsu.

    You do realize the word Brazilian "jiujitsu" is a Japanese word, not a Brazilian word right?

    So yes, BJJ came from an asian art.

    Why do you try so hard to say otherwise? You are in denial.
    Last edited by SammyKing; 1/02/2006 12:58am at .
  5. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 12:58am

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    Yes, as much as you would like to deny it, BJJ came for JUJITSU, which is an asian art.

    So yes, BJJ came from an asian art.

    Why do you try so hard to say otherwise? You are in denial.
    if you are so dumb that you seriously think my post was in some way denying that BJJ originates from jujitsu, you need to kill yourself immediately, before your stupidity harms innocent lives.

    here's a hint: I was pointing out the fact that what was posted has only been posted on this forum THOUSANDS OF TIMES
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  6. SammyKing is offline

    WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    156

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 1:01am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With posts like this one, I think you need to post it another TWO thousand times for the slow ones to catch up.

    Quote Originally Posted by PRC4Eva
    "Arts like BJJ originally came from Asia anyways."

    Erm, right. That's why its called Brazilian jiujitsu.
    People are still in denial. So are you.
  7. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 1:02am

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    With posts like this one, I think you need to post it another TWO thousand times for the slow ones to catch up.



    People are still in denial. So are you.

    YR&*W#$TRF(&*#YR(*YR&*YIW#RWRWFW#RW#RWRW

    ps, please die
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  8. SammyKing is offline

    WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    156

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 1:12am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRC4Eva
    "Arts like BJJ originally came from Asia anyways."

    Erm, right. That's why its called Brazilian jiujitsu.
    Still the dumbest quote of the year. (2006 so far)
  9. EternalRage is offline
    EternalRage's Avatar

    WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,360

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 3:39am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hrmm, I'm not agreeing with Sammy King, but then again I'm not totally disagreeing with him either (yea I'm surprised as **** too). He makes a good point with his analogy saying that "just cuz you call it American jujitsu, doesn't make it American in origin."

    I think we are getting into a discussion about two different things - roots and beginnings. I would know this because I've gotten into 2 or 3 over on MAP forums over the last couple months. It all depends on your point of view. Brazilian jujitsu has roots in jujitsu and judo yes. But some might consider it a new interpretation of an age old song, hence saying it "originated" in Brazil. You can look at it this way. Before 1914, before Maeda ever met Gracie, there was no such thing as BJJ. At some point after 1914, BJJ came into existence. Where was it first seen/heard of? Brazil. So it BEGAN in Brazil, but has roots elsewhere.

    Then again you can look at it from Sammy's point of view, where the fundamentals that the new interpretation is based on, where you must trace everything back to its root. The problem with this argument is that well you can't really stop at Japan. Jujitsu came from somewhere - fundamentals probably rooted in Okinawan arts, which are rooted in Chinese arts, which are rooted in early arts such as Kalarippayattu. So then is BJJ an Indian art? Because with the logic SammyKing is using, if you are tracing roots, then you must go all the way back right?

    These are the same retarded arguments as the 2000 yr history of TKD bullshit. On one hand you lack a direct teacher to student link going back 2000 yr. On another hand you do see fundamental roots that are similar. Most people take historical origin of martial arts systems as to be a direct teacher to student link going back X years to avoid the problem of having to trace roots. It is easier to mark when a system existed and then when it didn't.

    Someone on MAP gave a nice view of the paradox - he said he had recently bought a new truck. Now the truck is brand new, it was manufactured at a certain date. The truck did not exist at one point and then at some point it came into existence. But the principles and theories that made building the truck possible go way way far back. Does this mean the truck is like a hundred years old or so? Guess it depends on your point of view. Most would say no, it's brand new. (Which tells you which logic most people follow).

    But SammyKing, your point of view regarding the origin of BJJ (more specifically the location of its origin) can be argued, however, that sort of logic isn't held by most people. Most actually judge origin based on physical or intellectual existence rather than roots. You can say BJJ originates from Japan, but then those, like I mentioned, originate from other older arts from different countries. To stop at Japan would be hypocritical. It is much easier to say that this specific interpretation of Jujitsu originated at its point of existence, hence that is probably the reason why they chose to stick "Brazilian" in front of it.
  10. PRC4Eva is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    83

    Posted On:
    1/02/2006 7:39pm


     Style: Contemporary Wushu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Hrmm, I'm not agreeing with Sammy King, but then again I'm not totally disagreeing with him either (yea I'm surprised as **** too). He makes a good point with his analogy saying that "just cuz you call it American jujitsu, doesn't make it American in origin."

    I think we are getting into a discussion about two different things - roots and beginnings. I would know this because I've gotten into 2 or 3 over on MAP forums over the last couple months. It all depends on your point of view. Brazilian jujitsu has roots in jujitsu and judo yes. But some might consider it a new interpretation of an age old song, hence saying it "originated" in Brazil. You can look at it this way. Before 1914, before Maeda ever met Gracie, there was no such thing as BJJ. At some point after 1914, BJJ came into existence. Where was it first seen/heard of? Brazil. So it BEGAN in Brazil, but has roots elsewhere.
    I was going with that def.

    "If Thai, Chinese, Korea, Vietnamese, Japanese, and Pacific Islander are not "Asian" then I don't know what is. Besides, I didn't see how the guy mention anything about any of these countries??"

    The point was, those cultures are all quite distinct and different from each other, unless you want to count facial features. The guy was basically lumping them all together as "Asian," which is kinda like saying non-Europeans will never understand European culture. The "Continent" adjective is fallicious because British culture is different from German, Spanish, French, Swiss, Russian...do I have to go on?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.