224955 Bullies, 3472 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 478
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:21pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    HAHA BECAUSE OF THE CROWDS

    Best wing chun apologist rationale yet...

    Even though china wasn't exactly "urbanized" all those years ago when Bodhi Dharma was teaching Ng Mui how to fight even though he only had one hand with which to do the death touch, etc.
    Even thought martial arts weren't invented in crowded cities.

    The rest of the post I kind of like, I give him a 7/10
    I am not a Wing Chun student. I kept an open mind.

    Blindly saying one art will not work means a person is nothing more than a fanboy to another art.

    What is a popular art?? Well that depends on culture doesn't it??

    Before UFC, most people don't even know what BJJ was. After UFC, everyone got into it. Ground fighting has always been there for hundreds of years, what did UFC actually change the art itself? Nothing.

    But it changed the American culture! All of a suddent, BJJ works!!

    Well, if you go to another culture, another art would be more popular because it works under their situtation. That makes sense right?? I am not even a Wing Chun student and I can see that.

    I don't know if you've been to China before, if you did, you'd understand. I don't see anything wrong with saying WC works because of the crowd, because that is a fact. Many in China has used it, and KNOW that it works for them.

    You don't have to believe it, because your culture is different. Same thing if you bring BJJ to the streets of china against a thief on the bus. Different culture, different needs. Nothing is 100% good, nothing is 100% bad. A close mind will stop you from making peace with other people in life, as well as improving in your over all fighting ability.

    Just like how CMA doesn't focus on groundfighting. People in China has a little ego about ground fighting being "thug" fighting, or "fighting like a child", they stayed away from it. They closed that door, and now it's coming back to haunt them.

    Don't make the same mistake. One day, if you can't do a round house or get on the ground, you'll realize all these years laughing at close range arts has came back to haunt you.

    Nothing is 100%.
  2. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The **** you say. Gore invented the internet. I swear to God it's true.
  3. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:23pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The MMA kid!
    i thought it was a pretty good threadstarter. but then again we are on bullshido...
    Its alright. Because this is the crowd that really need to read this.

    This site is to cut all the BS about martial arts. Such as touchless knock out etc etc.

    But then again........a lot of mentality are BS too, such as hating on Wing Chun etc. This is the best site for people that wants to have an open mind. And I am not even a WC student.
  4. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:26pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78
    dude, i'm no chinese but some of your stuff is prety horrible logic.

    1. not eveywhere in china is so packed...
    2. not everywhere in china have hanging bridges...
    3. no sensible fighter will try 'round house kick' in crowded area...more like elbows or clinch & knee or hey...maybe even a headbutt.
    4. you don't need to fall to ground to perform some submissions.
    5. if your talking about location, location, not every nation is so jam packed as certain places of china.
    6. once again, no sensible fighter will try round house when 100000000 china men is cramped around you.
    Exactly. This is why nothing is 100%.

    If someone take my thread 100%, then they too have a closed mind too.

    There is always an arguement for an arguement. Nobody really wins. The only winner is the one that does not close their mind, and learn to see each art from where they come from.

    Thats the point. And yes, I agree with your 1-6 points too. Who says China is 100% crowded?? Its not. But who says China is NOT 100% crowded?? See what I mean?
  5. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will never have more than 80% understanding of the internet. Because you are Chinese. In fact, without a complete and thorough understanding of Wing Chun you probably won't get past 76%. In fact, without boosting your post count you cannot win an arguement on the intarweb. And with the reputation system disabled there is no way you can gain enough respect to get over 70%.

    Because percentages are everything! And since nobody can neg rep me I will go Hulkamania on this racist thread~ 100001%
  6. Cullion is offline
    Cullion's Avatar

    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,526

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:35pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because of the popularity of Bruce Lee, lots and lots of Wing Chun and other chinese martial art schools were set up in the west which offer poor quality unrealistic training in order to bring in money.

    Look at the threads involving video of JFS or KungFuDoesWork sparring. They are both practitioners of chinese martial arts with no unrealistic ideas about chi, and people were approving of what they saw because they could see that both guys had practiced in a tough and realistic manner.

    When people practicing chinese martial arts demonstrate that they understand the limits of what they practice, and that they practice in realistic way applicable to really learning how to fight, people are generally quite happy to accept the value of their training.

    But people don't generally trust chinese martial arts until proven otherwise because it seems so hard to find a good school outside of Asia.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.
  7. Mosquito is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    18

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:37pm


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    Don't make the same mistake. One day, if you can't do a round house or get on the ground, you'll realize all these years laughing at close range arts has came back to haunt you.

    Nothing is 100%.
    Just so you know, there's this thing in most of the arts you diss that they call the clinch. That's where you throw from and where you use knees. Very close range. MMA isn't just roundhouse - takedown - grappling. Close range is just one of the ranges that you need to learn to handle.
  8. Draven is offline
    Draven's Avatar

    ('._.)

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,755

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:39pm


     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You may have built the low level networking protocols but us british invented the web.
    Actually, the internet was invented by scientists in CERN, an international science lab stationed in Switzeland.

    PS. Good topic, I enjoyed reading it. Some good points there.
  9. Cullion is offline
    Cullion's Avatar

    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,526

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    Actually, the internet was invented by scientists in CERN, an international science lab stationed in Switzeland.

    PS. Good topic, I enjoyed reading it. Some good points there.
    The web was invented by Tim Berners-Lee, a brit working at CERN.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.
  10. Cullion is offline
    Cullion's Avatar

    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,526

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 5:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And British Telecom holds the patent on the concept of a hyperlink.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.