218358 Bullies, 7331 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 478
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:57pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    Looks like you failed at reading too. You obviously missed this part:

    I have lived in Asia for YEARS. I grew up there. I've also live in Germany, Italy, England, and Turkey.

    Again another ASSumption. I've lived in Asia. Other members have lived there as well and some are there right now. So now you are loosing your point and are now simply coming off a FOOL.
    Reading from your posts, obviously you didn't live there long enough.

    Culture and values comes from surroundings and family. If you've live there for years and still don't understand why there are a lot of bull **** about MA from the west, then I guess you will never understand.
  2. Thaiboxerken is offline
    Thaiboxerken's Avatar

    Genius

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    6,349

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CIA, you are racist. Pure and simple. How are the Chinese doing in MMA events against other countries?
  3. fanatical is offline
    fanatical's Avatar

    Hi, guys

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    1,291

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CIA, from this entire discussion, you seem like a close minded moron who has allready branded everyone on this site to be misinformed white americans without any clue about anything but their own life.

    In reality, you show yourself as a racist bigoted person who religiously believe you have the drop on everyone because of your cultural heritage. While culture is a large PART of martial arts, it is not a defining part. It's like saying that the wheetos box is what makes the cereal edible. The wrapping is of consequence but of no defining importance.

    Also, your complete and obvious disgust of what has happened to martial arts in america and indeed all over the world, lead you to making incorrect blanket statemens for no reason other than to sate your own discontent. Let's get one thing clear. I'm white, but I'm not american. You're asian I suppose, but I don't know your nationality. I haven't read through to see if you mention it, but I'm taking a wild guess at Chinese..
    Now, the cultures of say Japan and China are vastly different. And I'm going to use Japan as an example, because it may avoid your potential "OMG UR WHITE AND DON'T KNOW ANYTHING" bullshit. Japan has had many trials over the last centuries regarding their cultural heritage. However it has been kept intact due to the Japanese being rather anal about all this anyway (thank heavens). Now, Judo is a gendai art and proves something about the errors in your original statement. The fact is, that when Judo started becoming popularized, many western (even white people *gasp*) started excelling in Judo and challanged the Japanese in their own art. Their skill level grew amazingly and yet their understanding of the Japanese culture may have been little to none on par with what you claim.

    However.. if you are correct, then they could not possibly have made such advances. They would require to understand and LIVE a culture from their early childhood. And in your example even have to be born with genetics to present an Asian appearance. Why did I choose Judo as an example? Because Judo is one of the arts where if you have no understanding for it's principles, no understanding for it's philosophy, you will not succeed.

    And obviously, Judo has grown large. People all over the world are understanding and proving themselves with it.



    Now.. I know that your idiot-statement was only about Chinese Martial arts. But failing to see that another martial art (the one I just mentioned you know) is in fact asian in origin and has been understood, practiced and adopted successfully all over the world, is simple proof enough that your comments are nothing but racism, ignorance and arrogance. And contains some kind of personal agenda rather than fact.

    Up to where I am reading in this thread you are saying that you can't learn or understand an Asian martial art without living in Asia. This is also completely moronic. It would mean that all the Asian masters who travelled abroad to teach their martial art were idiots who didn't know what they were doing, because westerners could never learn their precious styles anyway because they weren't Asian.

    You're also somehow magically being racist to your own people by saying that every Asian in the world has some sort of magic understanding. Many Asians I've talked to have been Norwegian. Born and bred in Norway, but I doubt they'd be happy to hear from some fool on the internet that they are fools and will never understand their grandparents because they didn't grow up in their native countries. There are also plenty of Asians who look outside their own culture to learn the culture of others simply for the fact that they are not restricted by what you claim is taught from early childhood. They do this because they don't understand what you say they are supposed to understand because they are Asian and have grown up in Asia.

    This is a people issue, and you're quite possibly the most cleverly disguised racist I have ever witnessed.
    More human than human is our motto.
  4. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Hole in one.

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:58pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to bother arguing with this guy. His dodge-fu is too good.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
  5. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,473

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:58pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    Nop. I've said it before, and I will say it again. Most Martial Artist back then are doctors. NOT the other way around. I have not mistaken.

    Back then in china, nobody goes to school. Only the rich folks, and royal family.

    Martial artist practice, and they injury themselves sometimes (I am sure you do too after years of training). Therefore, after years of experience with their own injuries, they learn how to heal themselves.

    After a while, farmers that broke their arms while farming goes to these martial artist because they know he can heal his broken bones. Of couse the martial artist would help out, a lot of them do it for free too.

    They wrote books about how they'd treat different kinds of wounds. After a while, people view them as doctors (or healers whatever you might want to call them).

    Martial arstist became known as doctors. Not the other way around as you have confused yourself.

    Then of couse you wouldn't know it, because you don't know the history and culture behind asian countries. You learn how to fight, and thought you understand everything there is to the background of asian martial arts.

    Yes, I agree a lot of things are bull ****. Thats because people that the chinese art and apply it wrongly into something they'd want to use in combat, THATS bull ****. And a lot of people don't understand why. They will never understand why.

    The mistake of this site is they mistakenly fail to understand cultural differences, and apply everything into "fighting". Thats why it is so funny.
    See, this is what I mean about your preconceptions - In english a DOCTOR is someone with a DOCTORATE - either an MD for physicians (medical doctors) or a PHD for acedemics. I would buy that if you lived in a small asian villiage and broke a bone or something, a martial arts instructor might be better then nothing for help setting it, but to call him a "doctor" is like me calling an barber of the old west a "dental surgeon"

    And before you start going off on this "THE WHITE MAN SEES US DO MARTIAL ARTS WITH HIS IGNORANT ROUND EYE AND PERVERTS IT" **** - keep in mind a lot of asians made a **** ton of money, gleefully, selling watered down martial arts to americans. If those men haddn't been so quick to sell out, we might not be in this mess. It's not just the white man with his crude, barbaric limbs doing his best to pantomime what the noble asian is doing near him! Again - YOUR preconception.

    Just like your preconception that westerners know nothing about asian history - trust me, there are white kung fu dorks on this board who are embaresingly into asian culture and history.

    And the fact is - this site does not start threads (often - it has come up) about other aspects of chinese culture. This is a MARTIAL ARTS site. For FIGHTING. THat's the martial part.

    Now, just because kung fu is MORE then fighting in your eyes, does that mean it is OK if kung fu is taught in a way that is USELESS for fighting?

    Is it OK to say, well, the guys from this kung fu school can't fight at ALL but boy are they great at other things! What a good kung fu school!

    You see what I am saying? Because we are criticising bad martial arts does NOT mean we are criticising ALL of chinese culture - and no cultural factor excuses selling as martial arts that which is NO GOOD as a martial art.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  6. wagamichi is offline
    wagamichi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,405

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:59pm


     Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The japanese will never understand baseball?
  7. Omar is offline

    Baji demigod.

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Xi'an, P.R.C.
    Posts
    4,249

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 8:00pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    Yes, it is a fact back then that most martial artist are healers. They are doctors. Sick people would go to them. That is a fact that you didn't know and have been making fun of something you have no information about.
    Complete and utter crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    Do you know why you people in this site got a chance to laugh at the Chinese art?

    Because you've never been to asia...

    I've said what I needed to say in the original post. Continue to sit on your computer and thinking you are king, or you can buy a ticket and visit other countries for a change.

    Little frogs in a pond.
    Holy ****. Why did I only see this thread 5 minutes before I have to leave for work? So much to ridicule...so little time....

    Hey brainiac! You might want to check that little thing labeled "location" under peoples names. You'r being picked apart and destroyed by a man living in Japan. He even told you he grew up in Asia. I'm here posting from the PRC.

    Too much internet porn my man. It makes you go blind. But then again...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=etVCUmgfMag
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

    Bah!!! Puny Humans.


  8. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 8:01pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    CIA, you are racist. Pure and simple. How are the Chinese doing in MMA events against other countries?
    They are doing pretty well actually.

    Last time I check, Chinese San Sa against MT kick boxing.

    5 fights, San Sa won all of it.

    That doesn't mean anything about anything. But why you ask?

    There is another MT event in Jan 6th, 2006. In Hong Kong.

    http://www6.discuss.com.hk/viewthrea...extra=page%3D1

    But then of couse, you wouldn't know this because your world is so small.
  9. Omar is offline

    Baji demigod.

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Xi'an, P.R.C.
    Posts
    4,249

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 8:03pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doctors.....*snort*...

    While it's true that some gong fu masters were also doctors that is NOT a common thing beyond being able to treat the basic bruises and cuts that happen in training. More to the point VASTLY more martial artists were bandits, assasins, bodyguards, soldiers or just plain assholes.

    "The Legend of Wong Feihung" is not a documentary.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

    Bah!!! Puny Humans.


  10. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 8:04pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a full contact Kung Fu VS Karate this Dec 23th.

    http://www6.discuss.com.hk/viewthrea...extra=page%3D1

    But then you guys wouldn't know about it, your world is so small.
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.