218358 Bullies, 7274 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 478
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:34pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    For the moment, let me agree with your perspective that CIA is really trying to make a point ... some point, regarding CMA - TCMA.

    Here's my point ... he needs to Rep it in person ... not get all preachy on the Net. No one is particularly interested in "opinions" lacking substance by way of physical proof.

    Let CIA show up at a TD ... or organize one, and Rep as he so desires. I'm having a blast ... playing at about 1/2 speed, and I think at least some of the Maryland Throwdown regulars understand that CMA - TCMA can work just fine under a variety of settings - circumstances.

    Far too much damage has been done for talking with words to be effective. It's time for all good Men & Women of CMA - TCMA to step out of the shadows & step up and Rep.

    What's the possible reason(s) for not doing so? What is there is hide or fear?

    Where's that fucking Nike swoosh when I need it ... Just Do It ... there, now I feel better.
    You can't win an online debate, so lets get him out and kick his ass just to show you were right.

    Aggression VS aggression.

    No. I will not win in a fight. Therefore, I will not show up. See how I won?

    Understand the culture. And you'll understand my statement above.
  2. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,473

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:36pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    Yes, it is a fact back then that most martial artist are healers. They are doctors. Sick people would go to them. That is a fact that you didn't know and have been making fun of something you have no information about.

    No. I did not diss MT.

    Educate yourself. Travel around. Leave the internet and maybe you'll open up your views a little.
    Ahm, that's not something you KNOW either, because it isn't true. Most healers knowing martial art is NOT the same as most martial artists being healers. You might was well write "I see what I eat" for "I eat what I see" if you don't understand that.


    I've been to 48 states, canada, mexico, spain, and germany. I've done more then enough fighting in and out of a ring and studied quite a few martial arts in that time.

    Culture in a martial art is fine and dandy - until it's 1) Bullshit or 2)Gets in the way of what's practical. If a martial art is an impractical museum piece, it should be adverstised as such - and probably should actually have it's martial portions retouched. Why is it if you believe that a martial art without cultural validity is invalid, you aren't worried about a martial art with plenty of neat-o azn culture but no MARTIAL validity?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  3. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,473

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:41pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    You can't win an online debate, so lets get him out and kick his ass just to show you were right.

    Aggression VS aggression.

    No. I will not win in a fight. Therefore, I will not show up. See how I won?

    Understand the culture. And you'll understand my statement above.
    Three quick things:

    Evil Asia has something to teach you and HAS lived in asia. As an adult - I suspect you lived there as a kid and are kind of seeing things through that lense.

    There are asians on this site who LOVE it.

    You don't seem to understand what this site is about - it is about fraud in the martial arts. It has a western perspective, if anything, because america and the UK seem to have the most martial arts hucksters.

    Just because we call BS on one guy saying chi does this or that does not me we poo-poo all of chinese medicine. You're the one jumping to conclusions.

    Rid yourself of YOUR preconceptions and read the site for a while - starting, I recomend, with the actual ARTICLES and not the message board - and then maybe you will get what we are really about - because that's what frustrates me about this thread, we aren't that far apart. You're just hissing and spitting over some things you've taken wrong.

    Also, a TD - Throwdown - is not a 'fight' in the challenge match sense - it is more like a sparring session. Good hard sparring is a part of it, as is members meeting other members so we aren't all hiding behind the internet and we have an idea who is legit. If I had some goddamn sense I'd be living in virginia and I'd go to a throwdown every month - that probably wouldn't be true if they were brutal death matchs or even tournaments. They are a safe, friendly event - you should SERIOUSLY consider it.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 12/14/2005 7:44pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  4. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Hole in one.

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:44pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo
    My dad's a doctor. He was also a lousy boxer when he was younger. He loves Chinese food, but that's a Jewish thing; you wouldn't understand.

    I'm sorry, what was the point again?
    I wish I could pos rep you for that.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
  5. 720swork is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:44pm


     Style: sue-jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Three quick things:

    Evil Asia has something to teach you and HAS lived in asia. As an adult - I suspect you lived there as a kid and are kind of seeing things through that lense.

    There are asians on this site who LOVE it.

    You don't seem to understand what this site is about - it is about fraud in the martial arts. It has a western perspective, if anything, because america and the UK seem to have the most martial arts hucksters.

    Just because we call BS on one guy saying chi does this or that does not me we poo-poo all of chinese medicine. You're the one jumping to conclusions.

    Rid yourself of YOUR preconceptions and read the site for a while - starting, I recomend, with the actual ARTICLES and not the message board - and then maybe you will get what we are really about - because that's what frustrates me about this thread, we aren't that far apart. You're just hissing and spitting over some things you've taken wrong.
    Listen to the man, C|A. He speaks true wisdom.
  6. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    You believe you can understand culture by reading books or online messages, better than someone that actually LIVE there for years.

    Thanks for the offer, but I won't waste your time.

    Looks like you failed at reading too. You obviously missed this part:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 720swork:
    Just so you realize, not everyone here is White. Evil Asia for one, is Black.


    A black man that grew up in Asia at that.
    I have lived in Asia for YEARS. I grew up there. I've also live in Germany, Italy, England, and Turkey.

    Because you've never been to asia,
    Again another ASSumption. I've lived in Asia. Other members have lived there as well and some are there right now. So now you are loosing your point and are now simply coming off a FOOL.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  7. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:49pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Ahm, that's not something you KNOW either, because it isn't true. Most healers knowing martial art is NOT the same as most martial artists being healers. You might was well write "I see what I eat" for "I eat what I see" if you don't understand that.


    I've been to 48 states, canada, mexico, spain, and germany. I've done more then enough fighting in and out of a ring and studied quite a few martial arts in that time.

    Culture in a martial art is fine and dandy - until it's 1) Bullshit or 2)Gets in the way of what's practical. If a martial art is an impractical museum piece, it should be adverstised as such - and probably should actually have it's martial portions retouched. Why is it if you believe that a martial art without cultural validity is invalid, you aren't worried about a martial art with plenty of neat-o azn culture but no MARTIAL validity?
    Nop. I've said it before, and I will say it again. Most Martial Artist back then are doctors. NOT the other way around. I have not mistaken.

    Back then in china, nobody goes to school. Only the rich folks, and royal family.

    Martial artist practice, and they injury themselves sometimes (I am sure you do too after years of training). Therefore, after years of experience with their own injuries, they learn how to heal themselves.

    After a while, farmers that broke their arms while farming goes to these martial artist because they know he can heal his broken bones. Of couse the martial artist would help out, a lot of them do it for free too.

    They wrote books about how they'd treat different kinds of wounds. After a while, people view them as doctors (or healers whatever you might want to call them).

    Martial arstist became known as doctors. Not the other way around as you have confused yourself.

    Then of couse you wouldn't know it, because you don't know the history and culture behind asian countries. You learn how to fight, and thought you understand everything there is to the background of asian martial arts.

    Yes, I agree a lot of things are bull ****. Thats because people that the chinese art and apply it wrongly into something they'd want to use in combat, THATS bull ****. And a lot of people don't understand why. They will never understand why.

    The mistake of this site is they mistakenly fail to understand cultural differences, and apply everything into "fighting". Thats why it is so funny.
  8. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    For the moment, let me agree with your perspective that CIA is really trying to make a point ... some point, regarding CMA - TCMA.

    Here's my point ... he needs to Rep it in person ... not get all preachy on the Net. No one is particularly interested in "opinions" lacking substance by way of physical proof.

    Let CIA show up at a TD ... or organize one, and Rep as he so desires. I'm having a blast ... playing at about 1/2 speed, and I think at least some of the Maryland Throwdown regulars understand that CMA - TCMA can work just fine under a variety of settings - circumstances.

    Far too much damage has been done for talking with words to be effective. It's time for all good Men & Women of CMA - TCMA to step out of the shadows & step up and Rep.

    What's the possible reason(s) for not doing so? What is there is hide or fear?

    Where's that fucking Nike swoosh when I need it ... Just Do It ... there, now I feel better.
    Abel and JFS you both will NEVER understand CMA give it up. Haven't you been reading what CIA wrote. :toothy10:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  9. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:53pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Rid yourself of YOUR preconceptions and read the site for a while - starting, I recomend, with the actual ARTICLES and not the message board - and then maybe you will get what we are really about - because that's what frustrates me about this thread, we aren't that far apart. You're just hissing and spitting over some things you've taken wrong.

    Also, a TD - Throwdown - is not a 'fight' in the challenge match sense - it is more like a sparring session. Good hard sparring is a part of it, as is members meeting other members so we aren't all hiding behind the internet and we have an idea who is legit. If I had some goddamn sense I'd be living in virginia and I'd go to a throwdown every month - that probably wouldn't be true if they were brutal death matchs or even tournaments. They are a safe, friendly event - you should SERIOUSLY consider it.
    I do not deny that I don't know everything about this site. And yes, my opinion about this site is based on a few threads I've read, and does not apply to all believes and every member of this site.

    My opinion are more directed toward Wing Chun haters, and "chi" fans.

    No, I am not a wing chun student. But I learn to respect it.

    Yes, I've been to "throwdowns" before, just not one that is originized by this site. I've made friends, most of them very respectful, and will not dare insult someone else's art or culture.
  10. katsu is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in conclusion, MMA sucks.
    Posts
    158

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:55pm


     Style: AIKIDO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand what you are saying about the culture; my art was founded by a man who saw the and of two hundred years of peace so that had an affect on the art.
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.