223779 Bullies, 3597 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 478
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:16pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 720swork
    Just so you realize, not everyone here is White. Evil Asia for one, is Black.
    A black man that grew up in Asia at that.

    AND THAT is why you are wrong and you will NEVER understand!!
    Correction. That is why YOU are wrong and will NEVER understand.

    Martial arts is NOT only meant for fighting!!!
    Yes it is and thus you don't understand.

    It is life because it is:

    1) Income.
    2) Politics.
    3) Everyday living.
    4) Fighting.
    5) Healing.
    6) more.
    Again MA only deals with number 3.

    The word Kung Fu is NOT "fighting". This is why the white man will never understand martial arts. And people in China will always laugh at a site like this created by the white man to make fun of something they don't understand.
    Funny how I have NOT used the term KUNG FU to mean fighting. Notice I use CMA = Chinese Martial Art. Don't try to put words into my mouth.

    Do you know most Martial artist back then in China are also doctors??
    WOW did you know that Knights were also Judges. Zulu Warriors were also farmers, hunters, and dealt with tribal politics, did you know Spartans learned to play music, dance, farm, etc. Why oh why can't the white many grasp that a MArtist can also be a doctor. :badgrin:

    Your post above it exactly why we are laughing.
    No we laugh at the Chinese. At least the Japanese got the right out idea, they started PRIDE after all. You are very inadequate to discuss this because you are very ignorant on the nature of MA.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  2. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,231

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:17pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CIA, check your PM. I have sent you a response that is too long to bother everyone else here with.
    As I said earlier, I think that CIA is trying to make a valid point, but he is being too general in his statements and being attacked from all angles by almost everyone on the thread.
    Kung Fu was created as a fighting art. Not all styles of Kung Fu are created equal, and CIA has acknowleged that. Alot of the disrespect shown for kung fu is he result of watered down styles being 'perfomed', while these performers claim they are fighters.
    Performing is not fighting, fighting is fighting. I think part of what CIA is simply trying to express that often times, Westerners have the misconception that Asians performing street kata during Chinese New Year don't realize that what they are doing is NOT fighting-related, but they do.
    If you have the right teacher and the right style, kung fu is as effective a fighting system as any other. But only if you work at it.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  3. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:19pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Oh most martial artists in china are doctors? I'm starting to think YOU'VE never been there.

    I still don't get the crowd thing - there is a non-sequiter the size of my dick* in the statement "Wing Chun works in a crowd so because I might have to fight in a crowd I will learn wing chun and only wing chun because there is no need to train something I might never have to do."

    And the arts you are dissing to boost wing chun - muay thai, for example - are also asian.

    You have some interesting points about the value of culture in the fighting arts but you don't get the main thrust of this site - since you are saying bullshido is just white men calling bullshit on something they don't understand while at the same time saying "Chi isn't magic, it's just breathing" - that's a bullshido position, a point of view common to the members.

    I think you haven't read the site quite enough yet to know what you're criticising, but I hope you stay around, because you seem to have the right idea. I'd drop the sino-centric bs, though, nobody cares.

    *BIG
    Yes, it is a fact back then that most martial artist are healers. They are doctors. Sick people would go to them. That is a fact that you didn't know and have been making fun of something you have no information about.

    No. I did not diss MT.

    Educate yourself. Travel around. Leave the internet and maybe you'll open up your views a little.
  4. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CIA screwed the pooch when he state that the whiteman will never fully understand Asian arts when in fact he doesn't fully understand MA.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,471

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:20pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    My point is, martial arts is more than just fighting.

    If someone from the west take parts of what martial arts is for, and make fun of it for NOT being able to fight, then that is the dumbest thing a Chinese person have ever heard.

    Got it?

    You can make fun of Tai Chi all you want for not effectively fighting someone in UFC, but I know for a fact my grandma healed her back pain because of all the slow moving exerise an elder needs from Tai Chi, then thats whats important for her.

    And if you take Tai Chi and say "Fighting is fighting". All the grandmas in the park will laugh. Because all the white man can see it UFC!!

    Look at the guy trying to cross the river, the last thing in his mind was the UFC.

    And the guy getting robbed in a crowbed bus in china, the last thing in his mind was the UFC. I bet he was thinking, "****, I can't move but I want to beat the **** out of this guy, I know, I'd poke his eyes, I've got a finger I can use."

    If you watch UFC and laugh at something that doesn't apply to it, then it makes you sound real dumb.
    NOT AT ALL!

    God-dammit no one on this site is against granny doing tai chi. That's cool.

    What we are against are people in the martial arts community who would have you believe something like train-in-the-park tai chi IS good for the UFC. Get it?

    This is NOT a UFC fan site. You have us confused with sherdog.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  6. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,231

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    CIA screwed the pooch when he state that the whiteman will never fully understand Asian arts when in fact he doesn't fully understand MA.
    Yes. He was basically doomed from the start with that statement..
    Anyways, dinner time.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  7. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's confused with about alot of things.

    CIA if you want to ever learn about MA and how it applies to different cultures, even you own, I will be happy to teach you.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  8. JFS USA is offline

    Converter of Virgins

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland Area
    Posts
    3,837

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:29pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    CIA, check your PM. I have sent you a response that is too long to bother everyone else here with.
    As I said earlier, I think that CIA is trying to make a valid point, but he is being too general in his statements and being attacked from all angles by almost everyone on the thread.
    Kung Fu was created as a fighting art. Not all styles of Kung Fu are created equal, and CIA has acknowleged that. Alot of the disrespect shown for kung fu is he result of watered down styles being 'perfomed', while these performers claim they are fighters.
    Performing is not fighting, fighting is fighting. I think part of what CIA is simply trying to express that often times, Westerners have the misconception that Asians performing street kata during Chinese New Year don't realize that what they are doing is NOT fighting-related, but they do.
    If you have the right teacher and the right style, kung fu is as effective a fighting system as any other. But only if you work at it.
    For the moment, let me agree with your perspective that CIA is really trying to make a point ... some point, regarding CMA - TCMA.

    Here's my point ... he needs to Rep it in person ... not get all preachy on the Net. No one is particularly interested in "opinions" lacking substance by way of physical proof.

    Let CIA show up at a TD ... or organize one, and Rep as he so desires. I'm having a blast ... playing at about 1/2 speed, and I think at least some of the Maryland Throwdown regulars understand that CMA - TCMA can work just fine under a variety of settings - circumstances.

    Far too much damage has been done for talking with words to be effective. It's time for all good Men & Women of CMA - TCMA to step out of the shadows & step up and Rep.

    What's the possible reason(s) for not doing so? What is there is hide or fear?

    Where's that fucking Nike swoosh when I need it ... Just Do It ... there, now I feel better.
  9. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:29pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know why you people in this site got a chance to laugh at the Chinese art?

    Because you've never been to asia, and this little website was created so closed minded misinformed people can gether around laughing at something they don't understand, and you support each other thinking you are right. While none of the Chinese get a chance to even see your site. Therefore, all the information is one-sided from point of views of the mis-informed, this is why it's so funny reading about all the "Chi" and stuff on this site.

    And this is why this site is such a joke to the eyes of asians.

    I've said what I needed to say in the original post. Continue to sit on your computer and thinking you are king, or you can buy a ticket and visit other countries for a change.

    Little frogs in a pond.
  10. ClA is offline

    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:30pm


     Style: ShaoLin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    He's confused with about alot of things.

    CIA if you want to ever learn about MA and how it applies to different cultures, even you own, I will be happy to teach you.
    You believe you can understand culture by reading books or online messages, better than someone that actually LIVE there for years.

    Thanks for the offer, but I won't waste your time.
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.