hmmm, we are all going off on different tangents

need pics or video

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 7:34am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah its hard to imagine what your saying, it must be unconfortable but a choke ? I'm probably picturing it wrong, do you choke with the tricep/arm/shoulder ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 8:51am

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Seven
    Yeah its hard to imagine what your saying, it must be unconfortable but a choke ? I'm probably picturing it wrong, do you choke with the tricep/arm/shoulder ?
    As I starterd developing this, I didn't think it would be a good choke. Just a good control technique, due to the fact it is very uncomfortable. But after I stayed flat instead of sitting out in sidecontrol, it started to choke my partner...to my suprise.
    And delight...I don't win very often. But it seems to work pretty consistently.

The choking seems to come from the shoulder, bicep area since the shoulder is on the left side of the neck and the rest of the arm encircles the rest of his neck. Its just tightens down when you move you body to the 90degree angle. The arm stays exactly where it is, but the body walks out to perpendicular.

He's face up, I'm face down but our heads are really close together, top of my head grinding into his ear.

yeh, pictures will be forthcoming after I get some mat time this weekend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 8:59am

Style: Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Need pics, you lost me at switching sides. What does that do? Make the headlock stronger. If they dont tap what are you left to do from the possition. If I am picturing it right you seem to tie up yourself.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 9:06am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like your basic arm triangle to me, unless I am missing something... see Mario Sperry vs. Igor Vovchanchyn
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 9:57am

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once you pass 1/2guard into side control, you throw the legs out so your laying flat. Not switching sides, just stretching out perpenduicular from the same side.

And I don't think its an arm triangle. No arm is trapped. Its all neck and head.

I'll try to get on the pictures asap...then learn my dumbass how to post them. :tard:

Ive been thinking too, that it kind of looks like a type of wrestling holddown, and front or side chancery...I think is what they call it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12