225194 Bullies, 3961 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 82
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:17pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Army
    I just wanted to get this out.
    Everyone seems to think that BJJ is the best. Well BJJ is on its way to being the next watered down over marketed bullshit done by friggen morons and its because of people in forums such as this who get on and talk **** because they do BJJ and not something else.
    Look BJJ as a self defence art sucks dick. I want to see a BJJ person in a street fight with more than one attacker. itd just be funny to watch them take one to the ground and get pummeled by the other attackers.
    BJJ as a sport kicks ass. BJJ for fitness Kicks ass. and thats why it will turn into bullshido. Its already half way there.
    At least in Australia theres still some sort of spirit that goes with BJJ. By the sounds of what I have read on this forum. BJJ as a whole is already reaching MC dojo status
    Im not trying to say what style is best or anything like that. im just anoyed about BJJ being regaurded as the supreme MA.
    I realize im gonna get flamed for this but hey. its about time someone said something about it. its in the back of everyones mind. but noone wants to admit it.
    :bully: :violent1:
    And i know Im just a n00b on bullshido but i dont give a ****. n00bs have a fucken right to post and express opinions as well. :owneddanc
    Well sir, as I respect your right to randomly post a subject that has been covered in much greater detail, with a much more intellegent perspective, by much more intellegent people let me be one of many to say...

    SERCH FUNKSHUN NUB!

    Now with that out of the way. Let me respond.

    First of all BJJ has a much higher quality control measures than any other martial art system currently popular. Simply put, belts are earned not given away. You cannot achieve rank without being able to perform. And its representation in the military, law enforcement, self defense programs in ADDITION to combat sport dominance certainly attests to this fact.

    Second, BJJ does no better or no worse against the famed 'multiple opponent' scenario than stand up arts. 5 on 1 the chances are you are going to lose whether you are a BJJ expert, Boxing expert, Kenpo expert, or whatever. Just in case you were wondering, stand up arts fare no different than grapplers when out numbered.

    The STRENGTH of BJJ in comparision to stand up arts is that they CAN fight when knocked down. A stand up-only fighter is woefully out of their depth. I will dumb it down for you. BJJ prepares you for the worst case scenario : You got jumped by a bigger, stronger opponent and knocked to the ground. You are in an inferior position and getting beat down. If you are prepared to deal with that (as BJJ is) than everything else is going to be gravy.

    Now, as previously posted in another thread (already linked) I have questioned some assumptions we make about belts, styles, and ability. But if you read it carefully I do not simply slam BJJ and say it is going to become bullshido.

    Unfortunately you come off as an uneducated, uninformed, novice poster unable to make a persuasive arguement.

    Try again, nub.
  2. Kempo Army is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:22pm


     Style: Zen Bu Kan Kempo Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thank you for your reply it was very educational. did you read the part in the thread where i attempted to put my point across so then the much smarter and greater people such as yourself could understand?? Yes I know that it has been discussed many times. as many people have mentioned already. thank you for informing me. In fact i think it was a thread of yours that made me think about it all. did you read all of the thread. it couldnt have taken to long for an educated person such as yourself.
    I love your spelling kudos to you.
  3. Kempo Army is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:26pm


     Style: Zen Bu Kan Kempo Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and one more thing. Traditional Karate was once controlled with the belt system. Now In Australia they have things like Go Kan Ryu. The martial arts that doorknock to get membership.
    Tae Kwan Do once controlled in belts system. Now 3 years study handed over black belt. what makes you think BJJ isnt gonna be next?
  4. Pandinha is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,751

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:34pm

    supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Army
    nice of you to have an educated reply. in relation to the topic. brilliant. just shows the abitlity of your brain.
    I let my replies talk for me at throwdowns.

    Let me know when you make one, and you and I can debate the merits of each other's fightintg style where it matters.

    Other than that, you are another idiot on bullshido with an agenda, Kempo boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
  5. JohnnyFive is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    657

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:40pm


     Style: Judo/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnaeS
    also atleast in my opinion it's not hard to take some of the grappling moves that may be trained from the ground and transfer them to standing, kimura and some chokes just to name a few
    This is as much a fallacy as "You can use the same motions from the kata on the ground!" Standing armlocks and chokes are, for example, legal in Judo, but they are also extremely rare, because controlling someone standing is different from controlling someone on the ground...
  6. Ronin is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,894

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:43pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As long as BJJ doesn't narrow its scope of activities like judo did, things will never be that bad.

    Judoka still mantain a high level of skill, for THEIR limited field, though more dojos' are now branching out, thanks to BJJ.

    It will never reach the level of Mcdojoism and Bullshido that the vast majority of "too deadly for sport" arts have fallen into.
  7. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Army
    Oh and one more thing. Traditional Karate was once controlled with the belt system. Now In Australia they have things like Go Kan Ryu. The martial arts that doorknock to get membership.
    Tae Kwan Do once controlled in belts system. Now 3 years study handed over black belt. what makes you think BJJ isnt gonna be next?
    Stoopid NoOb

    You are incorrect. TRADITIONAL Karate did NOT have the belt system. The belt system was created by Jigoro Kano, Judo Founder, and was IMPORTED in to GENDAI (MODERN) Karate. You had to EARN you belt in Judo the same way as you have to do in BJJ. If you are a BJJ BB you should be able to hold your own against other BB and OWN lower belts like Blues and Purples. The fact that live rolling and competition is a big part of the art is going to keep it on the up and up more than so called "traditional" arts.

    Ever notice how things like Boxing, Wrestling, and Muay Thai don't succumb to complete BS? Thats because to call ourself a Boxer, Wrestler, etc means you are expected (or if retired was excepted) to pit your skills against another person, most times a complete stranger.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  8. Tacitus is offline
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    165

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Crazy Monkey, BJJ, MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In terms of BJJ not working against mulitple attackers: I'd love to see the best fighter zenbukankempokarate has against 1) Royce Gracie 2) Wanderlei Silva 3) Mike Tyson, all at once. I wonder how well they would do? How well would your fucking sensei do against those guys dude? Not so well. Fighting off mulitple attackers can only work when those attackers are less trained and weaker than you, and you have luck on your side. That's it. I myself have 'used' BJJ against multiple attackers. Against 3 guys. They were half my size, but they wanted to start something anyway. I didnt go to the ground with them. But my BJJ came in to play because I DIDN"T go to the ground. You see sweetheart, a grappler knows how to stay standing better than a non-grappler (someone who has no exposure to a grappling art). And with multiple attackers, you better know how to defend yourself in a clinch, because unless they don't want to fight, they're going to be bullrushing you, and your phoenix knuckle ain't gonna do **** Doris.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 12/14/2005 12:57pm at .
  9. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    As long as BJJ doesn't narrow its scope of activities like judo did, things will never be that bad.

    Judoka still mantain a high level of skill, for THEIR limited field, though more dojos' are now branching out, thanks to BJJ.

    It will never reach the level of Mcdojoism and Bullshido that the vast majority of "too deadly for sport" arts have fallen into.
    Exactly! Even though Judo narrowed its focus it still has the same quality control. If you claim to be a high ranked Judoka* you better be able to demostrate it on the mat or risk the wrath of those who actually put in the blood, sweat, and tears to earn their belt.


    *I am speaking of an active practioner here. I understand if you did earn the rank then for whatever reason took time off or stopped training. However if you want to suit up and strut around you better still be able to back it up.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  10. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus
    In terms of BJJ not working against mulitple attackers: I'd love to see the best fighter zenbukankempokarate has against 1) Royce Gracie 2) Wanderlei Silva 3) Mike Tyson, all at once. I wonder how well they would do? How well would your fucking sensei do against those guys dude? Not so well. In any situation, dealing with mulitple attackers can only work when those attackers are less trained and weaker than you, and you have luck on your side. That's it. I myself have 'used' BJJ against multiple attackers. Against 3 gusy. They were half my size, but they wanted to start something anyway. I didnt go to the ground with them. But my BJJ came in to play because I DIDN"T go to the ground. You see sweetheart, a grappler knows how to stay standing better than a non-grappler (someone who has no exposure to a grappling art). And with multiple attackers, you better know how to defend yourself in a clinch, because unless they don't want to fight, they're going to be bullrushing you, and your phoenix knuckle ain't gonna do **** Doris.
    STOP!!!! You're making sense and using logic!!!! You might scare pple away! :5eek:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.