Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hooked on Monkey Phonics

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the general consensus around here is that if you HAPPEN to go to the ground whether against one or mutiple attackers that your BETTER OFF knowing some form of grappling as opposed to no form of grappling whether that form be BJJ, sambo, pancration, wrestling, judo, ect...
    it's been while since any long term, respected member who knows what they are talking about has said anything like BJJ rules all
    In weightlifting, I don't think sudden, uncontrolled urination should automatically disqualify you.
    "Second place!, That's just a fancy word for losing."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:58am

Style: Zen Bu Kan Kempo Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnaeS
    I think the general consensus around here is that if you HAPPEN to go to the ground whether against one or mutiple attackers that your BETTER OFF knowing some form of grappling as opposed to no form of grappling whether that form be BJJ, sambo, pancration, wrestling, judo, ect...
    it's been while since any long term, respected member who knows what they are talking about has said anything like BJJ rules all
    i gree and thanks for the reply

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:59am

Style: Scream & Leap

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Army
    I just wanted to get this out.
    Everyone seems to think that BJJ is the best. Well BJJ is on its way to being the next watered down over marketed bullshit done by friggen morons and its because of people in forums such as this who get on and talk **** because they do BJJ and not something else.
    Look BJJ as a self defence art sucks dick. I want to see a BJJ person in a street fight with more than one attacker. itd just be funny to watch them take one to the ground and get pummeled by the other attackers.
    BJJ as a sport kicks ass. BJJ for fitness Kicks ass. and thats why it will turn into bullshido. Its already half way there.
    At least in Australia theres still some sort of spirit that goes with BJJ. By the sounds of what I have read on this forum. BJJ as a whole is already reaching MC dojo status
    Im not trying to say what style is best or anything like that. im just anoyed about BJJ being regaurded as the supreme MA.
    I realize im gonna get flamed for this but hey. its about time someone said something about it. its in the back of everyones mind. but noone wants to admit it.
    :bully: :violent1:
    And i know Im just a n00b on bullshido but i dont give a ****. n00bs have a fucken right to post and express opinions as well. :owneddanc
    If this is the case so much for me trademarking BZZ (patent pending) Brazilian Zhoo Zhitsoooo. I was going to sue Rorian Gracie and start a chain of schools all over the world.

What is your rank in the Kempo Army?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm already Grandpooba Soke Dokey of Brazilian Nin-Jitsu (BNJ) FEAR ME!!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Hooked on Monkey Phonics

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    another thing, why is that people assume that all grappling is done laying flat on the ground, there is standing grapping, grecco roman?, and as far as know fighting from back is only part of any grapplers game, anyone who watches wrestling or any other grappling should know that you can fight from a sitting position, standing, on your knees, on your side, ect...
    also atleast in my opinion it's not hard to take some of the grappling moves that may be trained from the ground and transfer them to standing, kimura and some chokes just to name a few
    In weightlifting, I don't think sudden, uncontrolled urination should automatically disqualify you.
    "Second place!, That's just a fancy word for losing."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kempo army is my user name. there is no rank for it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    most chokes armbars and body locks can be done standing as well as on the ground

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:10pm

Style: Scream & Leap

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you are an Army of One?

The US Army used that slogan already!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nope just a user name. nothing more nothing less

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Army
    And i know Im just a n00b on bullshido but i dont give a ****. n00bs have a fucken right to post and express opinions as well. :owneddanc
    Dude, I don't think no one is gonna tell you otherwise. You have the right to say anything, just like anyone else has a right to tell you "you rule" or "**** you", especially in an internet forum.

The right to say whatever that comes out of our asses goes hand to hand with the responsibility to deal (and perhaps swallow) any replies done by others exercising the same right.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast