Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:08am

Style: Zen Bu Kan Kempo Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ. The next generation of mc dojos and bullshido

I just wanted to get this out.
    Everyone seems to think that BJJ is the best. Well BJJ is on its way to being the next watered down over marketed bullshit done by friggen morons and its because of people in forums such as this who get on and talk **** because they do BJJ and not something else.
    Look BJJ as a self defence art sucks dick. I want to see a BJJ person in a street fight with more than one attacker. itd just be funny to watch them take one to the ground and get pummeled by the other attackers.
    BJJ as a sport kicks ass. BJJ for fitness Kicks ass. and thats why it will turn into bullshido. Its already half way there.
    At least in Australia theres still some sort of spirit that goes with BJJ. By the sounds of what I have read on this forum. BJJ as a whole is already reaching MC dojo status
    Im not trying to say what style is best or anything like that. im just anoyed about BJJ being regaurded as the supreme MA.
    I realize im gonna get flamed for this but hey. its about time someone said something about it. its in the back of everyones mind. but noone wants to admit it.
    :bully: :violent1:
    And i know Im just a n00b on bullshido but i dont give a ****. n00bs have a fucken right to post and express opinions as well. :owneddanc
    Last edited by Kempo Army; 12/14/2005 11:11am at .

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1/10. And that one point is only for the humour value of your style having the word 'zen' in it's name.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:15am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice of you to have an educated reply. in relation to the topic. brilliant. just shows the abitlity of your brain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:20am

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, you want an educated reply?

BJJ is a very effective way to fight on the ground. Many fights wind up on the ground. Most people don't know how to fight standing and even less know how to fight on the ground, so knowing Bjj gives a big advantage.

Boxing and MT are more effective at stand up than what ever the hell your style is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:20am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Army
    I just wanted to get this out.
    Everyone seems to think that BJJ is the best. Well BJJ is on its way to being the next watered down over marketed bullshit done by friggen morons and its because of people in forums such as this who get on and talk **** because they do BJJ and not something else.
    Look BJJ as a self defence art sucks dick. I want to see a BJJ person in a street fight with more than one attacker. itd just be funny to watch them take one to the ground and get pummeled by the other attackers.
    BJJ as a sport kicks ass. BJJ for fitness Kicks ass. and thats why it will turn into bullshido. Its already half way there.
    At least in Australia theres still some sort of spirit that goes with BJJ. By the sounds of what I have read on this forum. BJJ as a whole is already reaching MC dojo status
    Im not trying to say what style is best or anything like that. im just anoyed about BJJ being regaurded as the supreme MA.
    I realize im gonna get flamed for this but hey. its about time someone said something about it. its in the back of everyones mind. but noone wants to admit it.
    :bully: :violent1:
    And i know Im just a n00b on bullshido but i dont give a ****. n00bs have a fucken right to post and express opinions as well. :owneddanc
    Assuming you are not a troll, I think you have misread this board. Yes there are some "bullies" who believe that BJJ is superior in some respects and there are some people who believe that MMA is the only viable option. However the majority of there serious posters her realize that it is not about style it is about the individual. please continue to look around and read the posts you will find a strong cadre of FMA folks, TKD folks, and even some serious _ing _un folks as well. It is these folks that will proceed to flame you after this post. Welcome to bullshido. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE and READ THE STICKIES!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:27am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, they have some decent stand up stuff too. I think everone here knows that BJJ isnt the all powerfull Ma. You have to have good stand up to go with good ground fighting.
    I doubt anyone on here would argue that fact. I agree that alot of Ju Jitsu schools are popping up all over with less than qulafied Instructors. You have some valid points but you sure seem angry.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Army
    I just wanted to get this out:

"i'll tumble 4 ya, i'll tumble 4 ya, i'll tumble 4 ya, i'll tumble for yoooooou!"
    DERF!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think everyone missed the point. I was trying to get at the fact that the overpopularity of BJJ is going to lead to it being watered down crap because someone who thinks they can make a shitload of money by screwing over people who want to learn real BJJ.
    In reply to PE trainers "educated" post. Yes BJJ is a very effective way to fight on the ground. but in a situation with multiple attackers BJJ is not gonna help very much at all. But in saying that neither is any style really. I Just think going to the ground in a fight on the street should be avoided if possible. you never know whats gonna come at you next.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry for seeming angry. other things have pissed me off and unfortunately i have let them out in my post and have sounded like an asshole. like i said in the last post that i made. those were the points i was trying to get across.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast