Posted On:
    12/15/2005 9:09am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesker
    Is the G-spot a pressure point? :5propelle
    Some women are immune to g-spot pressure regardless of your grapping skills. In such a case you have to resort to lickjitsu.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Old School DM

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teen-Age Guy: C'mon, if we don't make it, all my friends will think I'm a fag.

Teen-Age Girl: No. Stop asking. I wanna wait.

Guy: But my balls hurt!

Girl: Really? Oh.... gee....

Guy: I'll just put it in for a sec.

Girl: Well, if its just for a sec, I guess.

Guy: Oh baby, I'll love you forever.

Girls seem pretty susceptible to pressure points to me...
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 1:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Its a myth like all the others.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    ...if she is immune to it, your not useing the tool right!!
    The Doc has t3h c0rr3ct.

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 4:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    Teen-Age Guy: C'mon, if we don't make it, all my friends will think I'm a fag.

Teen-Age Girl: No. Stop asking. I wanna wait.

Guy: But my balls hurt!

Girl: Really? Oh.... gee....

Guy: I'll just put it in for a sec.

Girl: Well, if its just for a sec, I guess.

Guy: Oh baby, I'll love you forever.

Girls seem pretty susceptible to pressure points to me...

Sounds like a personal anecdote to me...

So, did saying "BUT MY BAWLZ HURT!" really work? Damn, I never thought to use that one. I always stuck with the good old, "Don't worry, for every one of mine, you'll get three of yours."

Works better than "I love you."

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 5:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon
    I agree on the pain tolerance. The spot in the joint of the jaw (under the ear) hurts.

This one school I used to grapple at taught some pain techniques - mostly digging into someone's muscles. I sort of chuckled to myself when people used their knuckles. Yeah, it hurt, but I sucked it up. Elbows, though, hurt more, and I was also concerned about them doing actual muscle damage, so those usually made me move. In grappling, making someone move just a little can be all you need to improve your position or sub somone. In general, though, I wasn't that impressed by them. Like you said, it's mostly based on someone's pain tolerance. I guess it can be a distraction, though.
    What style of grappling is this?
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 6:20pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be a lot more starry eyed about the whole pressure point thing. They have uses but it's always been stressed to me that they are strictly ICING, happy accidents that grease the wheels, and other such analogies.

The pressure points most people can agree (or admit) to being at least somewhat uncomfortable on a cosistent basis usually coincide with stuff in your body that's kinda important. Like tendons, arteries, major nerves, lymph nodes, etc. Which is why impact there hurts; your body is telling you to cease the offending event. Just something to consider (like Rash's muscles being ground up by elbow... its OKAY to "give in" for the sake of personal health).

That said, I've been told that only a handful of kyusho (like 4-5 spots) actually respond properly to steady/slow pressure like digging in. You can LOCATE these areas fine, and cause some discomfort, BUT you aren't going for a conscious reaction to pain. The idea is to produce small involuntary re-actions from the body before the opponent can mentally react, with quick "pops" to sensitive spots where he can't notice them coming.

Interestingly Gyokko ryu (which is commonly known as the big kyusho school in the Buj) doesn't really have concrete targets. Major examples are cited in the kata of course, but AFAIK in the big picture you pretty much poke here and there wherever musculature is stretched or tensed. The idea often is to squeeze thick muscle against bone and cause it to possibly cramp up (I've had that happen to my calf and bicep several times), knock nerves against skeleton/dense muscles to create some small alignment change, etc.

The more effective nerve attacks I've felt don't really feel like anything, tickle more than hurt. There's one in the hip-bowl that can really make your legs buckle if you aren't prepared for it. Generally speaking the suprise factor is essential.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 1:58am

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon
    I agree on the pain tolerance. The spot in the joint of the jaw (under the ear) hurts.
    I had a grappling session with a blackbelt in Yun Jung Do - not exactly a grappling art but he had also received a little training from a guy who did BJJ. In any case, at one point he tried that one on me. I was busy trying to set up a submission with my completely novice grappling theory, and at first I wondered what on earth he thought he was doing. He dug around for a fair while, as if he was searching for something. Either he never did quite find it or I'm immune to that one, because it felt no worse than a thumb jammed anywhere else.

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 11:53pm

Style: Isshin Ryu Style Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Women are shmexy. I worship them. LUBBLES! I :qright7: :XXspermy: into :qcheerlea :5butthead We make a :5baby: I :eatbaby:

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 1:16am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was grappling and my opponent accidently nurpled me. It definitely got me to move. Does that count? Up until now I hadn't considered it as a no-gi grappling aid.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234