Thread: Critique my shadowboxing
10/11/2005 10:21pm, #1
Critique my shadowboxing
I have my shirt off so I compare how I look physically every month, and I know the few knees I throw are shitty, cause these cargos I had on during that and have on are comfy but are kind of inflexible.
So critique the hell out of me here.
Maybe sometime soon I can get a friend with a proper digital cam take a short vid of me so you can see my foot work and such.
Last edited by FighterJones; 10/11/2005 10:23pm at .
10/11/2005 10:57pm, #2
Twenty four views with no replies?
Come on guys, pleeeease?
10/11/2005 11:01pm, #3
ok I'll shoot (though DT is gonna fucking beat me to it, the cock)
1. you should keep your right hand back more, guarding the side of your face
2. you need to keep your elbows closer to your body. My muay thai instructors would rag on you for "building a house" with the way you hold your arms.
3. Again, with the elbows, your elbows should always be pointed down, never out. When throwing hooks, if you're throwing close range hooks, keep your elbow close to your body. If you're throwing a wide ranged hook, keep your elbow pointed down (it should never go outside of your shoulder).
4. With the knees it's good to knee inward instead of upwards, thrusting in with your hips.
Other than that, looks pretty good.
10/11/2005 11:02pm, #4
oh yeah one last thing, you move your head too much. Your head should always be facing forward.
10/11/2005 11:06pm, #5
K thanks, yeah about the knee, I know its sposed to be a forward thrust, these tight pants fucked my form up for knees.
Thanks a ton on the other pointers though, I never knew that stuff before.
Got any more tips, anyone else?
10/11/2005 11:35pm, #6
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
- Washington DC. USA
I wasn't even going to remotly beat you to it; ladies first after all.
1. Don't wear a hat.
2. If it's gonna be 40 megs it better be way higher quality next time.
3. Kid is very right about the elbows, keep those fuckers in if you value your ribs.
4. It looks like on your hooks you have your palm facing the ground, that is to say if you are barely within range you are going to hit your opponent with your pinky finger or both your pinky and ring finger; thsoe fingers will break like christmas ornaments under the feet of a fat man. When throwing hooks, turn your palm in as though it were facing you, the back of your hand should be facing your opponent not your pinky.
10/11/2005 11:47pm, #7
Thanks Dai tenshi.
1. I like my hat
2. Its the webcam sorry
3. Will do
4. Yeah I agree, I gotta work on that!
Anybody else got any more input?
10/11/2005 11:50pm, #8Originally Posted by Dai-Tenshi
what I've been taught, throwing hooks with the palm face down is perfectly acceptable for (and in fact desireable) for close range hooks, whereas wide hooks should be thrown with palm faced towards you.
And just a note, this advice is coming from Loren "The Boss" Ross, three times USA National Champion, 6 times International Champion, # 1 in the USA and World in 1986, and World Champion finalist, also fought professionally to become the WBA Champion in 1990.
10/11/2005 11:52pm, #9
That hat is no good for you. It hides your beautiful hair.
I'd suggest taking off the hat and focusing on your hair. Maybe get a pompadour.
10/11/2005 11:54pm, #10
My hair is so thick and curly though!
Yeah kid, i was a little wiered out by dai tenshis comment cause my instructor said it dind't relaly matter, but I figure its a good habit to get into anyways.