Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 10:38pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't it attributed to him having staff infection?
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 11:33pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont have the clip but he said that after White's loss.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2005 11:33am

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are all those fights confirmed? I can't seem to find any hard evidence of Loiseau vs. Franklin anywhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2005 5:47pm

Style: Kickboxing, submission wr

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should be a good card. Lets see if it changes at all.

Rolls With Sweaty Men!

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 1:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone going to make picks? I'll start us off.

- Chuck Liddell vs Randy Couture
    It breaks my heart to say this, as I'm just about the biggest Randy Couture fan you will find, but I think he's lost it. Yes, he won his last fight against Van Arsdale, but while he tried to close the distance he took some big punches from a guy who has at best mediocre striking skills. I see Chuck catching him again early.

Lidell by KO Rd 1

- Paul Buentello vs Gilbert Aldana

I've never seen Aldana fight but from what I've heard he is a wild man who comes out throwing vicious bombs and always seems to eventually land some bone crushing "lucky punch". Buentello will look to brawl with him, so this too should be an early knockout. Based on the experience factor though, both for MMA in general and also in the UFC, I'm going to go with The Headhunter.

Buentello by KO Rd 1

- Babalu vs Mike Van Arsdale

In his last fight against Couture it looked like Van Arsdale's solid wrestling base and intense strength allowed him to stay out of submission trouble early. Once he gassed in the third round though, Randy got the "gator roll". Babalu is undoubtedly slicker than Randy, but I see him fighting off his back virtually this whole fight. I think he'll catch Van Arsdale eventually though.

Sobral by Sub Rd 3

- Justin Eilers vs Brandon Vera

Eilers looked like a huge man in his fights at Heavyweight. Vera, on the other hand, looked incredibly skinny and small. I think that Eilers is going to overpower him in the clinch and do some real damage there, just like he did to Mike Kyle.

Eilers by KO Rd 2

- Brandon Lee Hinkle vs Jeff Monson

Hinkle seems to have impressed people with a gruesome beating of Boston Cop and Kimbo Slice destroyer Shawn Gannon. He dominated, but didn't show any phenom like skills, just a matchup against a guy who had absolutely no position being in the big show yet. His record shows a string of cans with the biggest win I spot being Jorge Rivera, a solid middleweight, but definitely not someone to judge Heavyweight credentials on. Monson, on the other hand is a world class grappler. He hasn't had incredible success in MMA, but he is experienced. I see him getting tge takedown and eventually getting a sub later in the fight.

Monson by Sub Rd 2

- Rich (not Rick) Franklin vs David Loiseau
    Is this fight confirmed? I'm not sure. Regardless, I have to go with Franklin here. I think Loiseau is a stud, and incredibly exciting, but Rich can match him in the stand up and if he feels like it probably finish him on the ground. The Crow is going to be worried about the take down whereas Rich can just focus on his stand up. Eventually I think he'll take it to the ground though and finish Loisea there, though it won't be easy.

Franklin by Sub Rd 3

- Frank Mir vs Pe De Pano Marcio Cruz
    What everyone wants to see here is an incredible grappling battle. What I want to see is for Frank Mir to get a limb destroyed in a submission. What's going to happen is Mir not being stupid and using superior strength, wrestling ability, and stand up to keep things on the feet and tee off on Pe De Pano.

Mir by KO Rd 1

- Mike Whitehead vs Jardine
    Whitehead looked AWFUL on TUF but he has a reputation for being a tough guy. I think he'll get his head together and execute this time around. It's a hard right to pick though.

Whitehead by TKO Rd 2

- Sakara vs Sinosic
    Sakara looked very impressive in his last fight against Faircloth before getting kicked in the balls. Sinosic was doing well in the stand up against Forrest, but I think that was just a question of Forrest having his usual height advantage nullified. I see Sakara getting inside and exploding with big shots there. He doesn't seem to have knockout power, but then again, Sinosic doesn't appear to have much of a chin.

Sakara by KO Rd 1

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 11:06am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Franklin and The Crow is th only fight not confirmed yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 4:26pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been looking foward to Franklin vs. Loiseau for a long time. Hopefully this one stays a stand- up match cause this has the makings to be an all time great stand up war. I would give the edge to Franklin but don't count Loiseau out, I could definitely see him KO'ing Rich.

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 9:48pm

Style: wsl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    somehow i dont care for any of the fighters in the UFC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 2:37pm

Style: Can't afford one yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So why did you post here?!

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 10:45pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't Loiseau the guy who just demolishes people with his elbows? I really like this fighter and I really like his training partner from Canda St. Pierre.

They are both incredible athletes and I think they have the capability to become top competitors in the MMA world.

When is the date for this UFC? I'd like to order it :)
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast