Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/13/2005 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajudo
    Doesn't a grad student still qualify for student health insurance - did when I was a grad student at SDSU (and UCLA, I think, covered most of a shoulder surgery).
    FIU (the school I went) had a sort of health insurance, but it wasn't really an affordable solution. I almost never had a need to go to a doctor, so it was cheaper for me to tell them I was a broke student, and they'd use to cut me some slack. Some schools are better than others when it comes to grad students health benefits...

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajudo
    Well, you can get accidental insurance - there's a group that sells to the local MMA crowd, bout $20 covers all accidents. Don't know how good it is, though - I've not had a chance to make a claim.

Also, some national organizations offer accidental coverage - all the U.S. judo orgs have insurance against accidents during training or competition (the reason you have to join JI, JA or JF to compete in sponsored tournaments in the U.S.).

Again, not something I've needed to test yet.
    Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to get myself. For those in South Florida, Blue Cross/Blue Shield has a "Hospital & Surgical" plan for $40-something a month (https://shopblue.bcbsfl.org/IHOS_planinfo.asp). And I've found several accident insurance plans which claim they can cover, say $400 for broken finger to $4000 for broken hip.

It would be nice if BJJ organizations offered accidental coverage just like the judo orgs do... any BJJ folk that may know if that exists??? A quick google didn't show up anything in the US...

Dancer, there are accidental coverage plans in OK for as low as $20...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...dent+insurance
    you should take a look at those as soon as you get rid of the staph... good luck.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/13/2005 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    Asked a few pharmacists today if there was anything available over the counter to handle this god damn infection..... no.

God fucking damnit.

I have no health insurance of any kind as a recent grad wth a lame ass job. There's a free health clinic, they're open tomorrow.... bu then the "free" in "free health clinic" may be a complete missnomar.... I think they want my money- GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!

I'm going to walk in, this will take them 5 fucking minutes- I have the exact same symptoms that 3 of my training partners, current students who can use the schools cheap as hell clinic, have and had diagnosed as staph-, and they're going to ask me for hundereds of fucking dollars, I just fucking know it.

I'm just going to go punch a wall for a while with my broken hand.

GOD DAMNIT!

Your emotions are totally undermining your basic ability to investigate the problem in a rational manner.

Medications for a staph infection will *not* cost "hundereds of fucking dollars". The price is likely to be under a hundred dollar. A staph infection, while nasty if left untreated, is pretty simple to treat using modern medicine.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 10:46pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Went to the clinic, the visit cost me $92, the meds $50, and any subsequent visits will cost less.

So all in all not bad.

And maybe I'll finally get rid of these damn staph belmishes and be able to take my shirt off again in public without looking like someone who got the horrible acne from steroids without the crazy muscle growth. Cause seriously, these damn sores make me all self conscious.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 1:13am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry about them. You're ugly either way.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    12/15/2005 5:21pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aaaaaaaaaaw.

:: cries ::
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234