Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 6:39pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Staph Infection.... no health insurance... damnit

Asked a few pharmacists today if there was anything available over the counter to handle this god damn infection..... no.

God fucking damnit.

I have no health insurance of any kind as a recent grad wth a lame ass job. There's a free health clinic, they're open tomorrow.... bu then the "free" in "free health clinic" may be a complete missnomar.... I think they want my money- GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!

I'm going to walk in, this will take them 5 fucking minutes- I have the exact same symptoms that 3 of my training partners, current students who can use the schools cheap as hell clinic, have and had diagnosed as staph-, and they're going to ask me for hundereds of fucking dollars, I just fucking know it.

I'm just going to go punch a wall for a while with my broken hand.

GOD DAMNIT!

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 6:53pm

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So just lie about who you are. Fraud percieved is fraud achieved.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calm down man! Its going to be OK. You need to find a decent General Practitioner. They will check you out and do a swab to make sure it's a bacteria, then write you a perscription for some antibiotics. Ask for something generic, that will be more affordable.

I recently went through a similar experience and although I am insurred, the total cost for both the visit and the generic antibotic was under $100.

Now what are you doing training or fighting without health insurance? You probably ride motorcycles too huh? Just get a crappy cheap plan, its better than nothing. I got mine from http://ehealthinsurance.com/ and pay $45/mo for mine.

Your health is worth WAY more than that. You will get sick and injured doing MMA. The insurance is cheaper than the training and I would say it's an absolutely necessary prerequisite.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    I have no health insurance of any kind as a recent grad wth a lame ass job. There's a free health clinic, they're open tomorrow.... bu then the "free" in "free health clinic" may be a complete missnomar.... I think they want my money- GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!
    Well, there ain't no such thing as free health care.

But, still, to visit a GP or nurse practitionor shouldn't be that expensive.

I spent a lot of my life without insurance; most of my bills were at least affordable.

But I was lucky enough to do most of my major damage when I did have insurance.

I'm going to walk in, this will take them 5 fucking minutes- I have the exact same symptoms that 3 of my training partners,
    This is the more important part - what are you (or your club) doing to keep the infection confined to just these people? Once staph hits a team, it pretty much hits everybody.

Hit those fuckers up - they probably infected you.

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 7:27pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the OSU student gym wrestling room, those people who manage the palce do not keep those mats nearly clean enough. It took over a year and several broken toes before they took our demmand for mat tape seriously.

They say they clean those mats regularly and well, but they're full of it. Classes like first aid and self defense- both for credit cousees- use that damned room all the time and just leave their shoes on. The people that work the desk there walk into the wrestling room on our new mats with high heels and bust tiny triangular holes in it on a regular basis. They harass us about keepign our shoes off in there but we aren't even remotly the problem.

I'm gonna call the health clinic tomorrow and ask about how much this should cost. Barring that I'll make some calls on monday.

I think I know what I'm going to ask for for Christmas: health insurance.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 7:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    Now what are you doing training or fighting without health insurance? You probably ride motorcycles too huh? Just get a crappy cheap plan, its better than nothing. I got mine from http://ehealthinsurance.com/ and pay $45/mo for mine.
    damn. well that site just quoted me over $300/month and i am not even a tobacco smoker! i don't know where you came up with $45! if that was the cost i would have it for sure.

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 7:51pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just visited that site myself.

Quite a few quotes, quite a few things I don't understand.

It would seem I have some homework to do.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lived 4 years and Texas, and as a Canadian I can say that there are a lot of aspects of the US that I very much enjoyed and admired. Your healthcare system wasn't one of them.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 8:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the OSU student gym wrestling room, those people who manage the palce do not keep those mats nearly clean enough. It took over a year and several broken toes before they took our demmand for mat tape seriously.

They say they clean those mats regularly and well, but they're full of it. Classes like first aid and self defense- both for credit cousees- use that damned room all the time and just leave their shoes on. The people that work the desk there walk into the wrestling room on our new mats with high heels and bust tiny triangular holes in it on a regular basis. They harass us about keepign our shoes off in there but we aren't even remotly the problem.
    That's a bitch. There's a reason wrestling coaches are protective of their mats.

I'd hate to say it, but you should sue the univeristy - or, at least, raise the health issues. It's not going to go away by itself. If nothing else, talk to the wrestling coaches and get advice on how to keep the mats clean yourself.

And if there are three students with infections due to lack of maintenance, they may have a valid complaint.

Problem is, administration may solve the problem by closing down the room.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 8:21pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We used to clean the mats where we trained on campus ourselves. We didn't ask permission nor did we feel that we needed it.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast