Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 9:13am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KurSe
    Ok guys, I ended up with Punch, more as a matter of economy, scheduling, location, and facilities than anything else. I am not sure if it's where I'll stay, but it will definitely get me started on my bjj journey. Thanks to everyone here for their advice and input!

`kS
    There's nothing wrong with Punch Fitness. They enter in fighters to AFC all the time. The most important thing is that the school fit into your parameters.

Only thing I didn't like about that school was at lunch one time at the Chinese Buffet next to it, I was sitting with a few guys who go there. The owner came up and was asking them why they weren't in class lately, and then asked me why I didn't train there. I told him I trained at ATT, and he said, I guess you like wasting money. Kinda put me off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 12:31am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony yeah that isn't the right attitude for the owner to have; I haven't met him yet, but he seems like a character. Is that chinese buffet next to it good btw? If you ever want to check the place out again, they are pretty loose on their visitation and jujitsu training, so just let me know. My new HCk gi should be arriving soon and I've been training no gi and have been enjoying it; So far, I think i have a sprained thumb and herniated disk, but maybe I'm just overreacting :)

Anyway, does anyone know when the next AFC is?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 1:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad you found a place to land KurSe. No scheduled AFC that I know of yet.

Their website is here and I check it pretty often: http://www.afcmma.com/

They've moved all the shows to FAU in Boca Raton, so it isn't quite as easy for me to make them (used to be at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale). But the facilities are probably way nicer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:32am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wingchun,

Yeah, it is good to have a place to train. I have been to two events at FAu and they are pretty decent... They have a cage now [instead of a ring] and are getting a good turnout. The afc website SUCKS. It is beyond hard just to find out who is on the next card, who won from the last card, etc.. I should contact them on taking over their website actually :) They are probably done with events till after the holidays, so maybe in jan or Feb we can all get together and go; I'm ure some other guys from my club would be up for it too, and my wife would appreciate not having to go .. :)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a deal KurSe, we'll definitely have to go to the next event. I'm surprised your wife actually went with you! nd please do take over the AFC website if you can. It's pretty bad.

Good luck with your training. Maybe we'll roll or compete sometime.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345