Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:52pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, somebody was trying to sell the iron palm training here for $500 and you just gave it away like this??

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ight=iron+palm

And yours is even better since it is iron palm combined with birth control.

Tomas

Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    I know there are a lot of threads on this but most of them are people that have never done the drill and I want to start over without having to read 30 posts on “you suck.” “No you suck.”

I do and teach Iron palm. This is the Shaolin mei wah version. It is not magic! It is not kung-fooly. It is a drill that takes 100 days. About 45 min a day. You need the herbs, but hot water or absorbine Jr. will work. The person starts off on a bag with split peas and moves into the sand bag.

Here are what the results of a cycle are. Tripling striking power in the cycle. There is no “death touch” it simply makes you hit hard and deep. Why?

The explanation is that the chi is pulled from the stomach and stored in the bones of the hand and arm. OK, that is typically esoteric and Chinese. Can’t be proven by any form of science. And has to be believed.

Looking at the drill, one places their hand bout 2 feet from the bag and drops it in a pattern about 5 times before switching to the other hand. This causes a slight pattern to be generated by the body. The hips turn slightly and the knees bend in what looks like a hard styled reverse punch body mechanic. Figure you do this 500 to a thousand times a day during the drill in a relaxed manor. Talk about working on the old golf swing!

The drill will make the hand hard. No big deal so will makiwari. There are no visible signs such as calluses though. The hands will swell and stay swollen a bit for a long time.

The sex thing. Iron palm was invented by monks. Hmmm. I don’t know. They say the drill causes sterility. It does maybey. After getting married, we could not have kids. Went to the doctor and found that my little guys were dead. 1 ˝ years after stopping the drill we had 3 kids. Now. I also changed to boxers and stopped sitting in the hot tub like the doctor said. Iron palm or hot scrote. I can’t say for sure. But what are the odds.

I think more than chi, it is the repetition of body mech. Causing the power. Having said that though, there are some strange things about hitting people with it. 1. You don’t have to move very fast to cause lots of pain. You do not need to use hip turn and weight transfer to hit hard. Though it may still be happening just very refined and not noticeable. 3. There is about a 3 second wait for the results. An iron palm (fists work too) to the body or to phone books on the body will at first do nothing. Then about 3 seconds later, the wind goes and then the pain sets in growing worse for about 7 seconds. I don’t know why this is happening. But it does.

Here is the real kicker! Grandmaster Tsai once said, anyone can do this! It is no magic or secret. The real secret is that you have confidence in the technique and believe it will work. It takes 100 days of doing the drill to convince yourself that you can do it. So, given this revelation, Chi, Body mechanics, or conditioning. What ever explanation you “believe” is all that is really necessary. The way lies in the drill, you know if you hit heavy bag 1000 times a day you will hit hard.
    Current stage of death: denial

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:55pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok here is the deal. Whenever people would bring up anything kung-fu, I laughed. However Iron Palm has started to peak my interest. I started looking into it and it makes sense. It will obviously make your hand hard as a mother and from what I read, the herbs behind the art work well as well.
    I live in MD. and I am looking for someone in the area that can perhaps show me a thing or two as far as methods and training. I know Dale Douglas is on the east coast but he is a bit too far away. Does anyone know of a reputable place around my area?

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Here are what the results of a cycle are. Tripling striking power in the cycle. There is no “death touch” it simply makes you hit hard and deep. Why?

... snip ...

Looking at the drill, one places their hand bout 2 feet from the bag and drops it in a pattern about 5 times before switching to the other hand. This causes a slight pattern to be generated by the body. The hips turn slightly and the knees bend in what looks like a hard styled reverse punch body mechanic. Figure you do this 500 to a thousand times a day during the drill in a relaxed manor. Talk about working on the old golf swing!
    The question that usually occurs to me, when I see or read descriptions of this type of training, is - does this type of movement (or pattern) transfer to the type of strike you would use in a fight?

Or are you tripling striking power for a very spcific type of strike that is difficult to use against a resisting opponent?
    Last edited by dakotajudo; 12/09/2005 7:32pm at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can an Admin please remove this buttfaces abilities to start new threads ?

PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS ON EXISTING THREADS !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 7:42pm

Style: AIKIDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually this "buttface" can be pretty reasonable wen he wants to be and besides waga-michi shorei kempo is a relatively unknown style and is starting threads about relatively unknown styles not encouraged?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 7:58pm

Style: Alien Cosmic Chi Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shaolin Iron palm is a combination of alot of physical conditioning and dynamic tension. Yes, it can create incredible striking power, but it won't give true internal injuries like some internal styles are said to do.It isn't magic, and I don't know about sterility. But I find traditional chinese Iron palm methods to be much safer (with the right herbs) then some of the excercises taught in japanese schools.

Bagua's "cotton palm" or "iron palm" training is much different, and has to do almost entirely with just breath, very subtle dynamic tension, twisting and conditioning muscles/ligaments/tendons, and yes, you guessed it, chi. It can have the effect of looking like just a "slap" but is in fact a very refined full body shot. Instead of the force going through the person, it goes inwards (somehow) and depending on the type of internal force used (jing) the effect varies as well. From internal bruises or injuries to perhaps more seirous ones. I didn't believe it until I had it demonstrated on me once during Rou shou. Nothing magical about it, just an uneasiness and uncomfortable pain. Of course, this is like contact "slapping," not FC.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, baguamonk is the first member I've seen with a red varrot
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:34pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Dale Dugas Herbs: The Best Chinese Herbs & The Best Jow for the Best Price! Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why can't anyone seem to spell my name right. Not Douglas, Dugas is the surname on my certificate of birth.

he said he would show you the drill for free. Nice. I offered to teach the WHOLE program as well as give the written herbs out for the program.

A few here on the board took me up on the offer.

Young Road has nothing but a few drills to teach but not the entire program.

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    wow, baguamonk is the first member I've seen with a red varrot
    Yeah, that's pretty hardcore.

I actually have a white one. wtf is that? (not on the main profile screen, but i got one)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:37pm

Style: Alien Cosmic Chi Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what is that, a red mark of "warning" of some sort?

I'm pretty sure it happened when I trolled for a while because I tried to explain something in a way it is actually taught, esoteric and kind of cheesy. I didn't expect the board to be full of BJJ nutriders and people who really thought chi was directly related to DBZ, so of course people went crazy with their ego's and decided to flex their brain muscles and BJJ thigh muscles and take me literally.

So I went on a rampage with the same exact attitude they all had towards TMA's...only it was toward BJJ and MMA. Those days are over, I like Bullshido, no seirously, I do.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast