Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 5:58pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Iron palm, My style, and objectivity.

I know there are a lot of threads on this but most of them are people that have never done the drill and I want to start over without having to read 30 posts on “you suck.” “No you suck.”

I do and teach Iron palm. This is the Shaolin mei wah version. It is not magic! It is not kung-fooly. It is a drill that takes 100 days. About 45 min a day. You need the herbs, but hot water or absorbine Jr. will work. The person starts off on a bag with split peas and moves into the sand bag.

Here are what the results of a cycle are. Tripling striking power in the cycle. There is no “death touch” it simply makes you hit hard and deep. Why?

The explanation is that the chi is pulled from the stomach and stored in the bones of the hand and arm. OK, that is typically esoteric and Chinese. Can’t be proven by any form of science. And has to be believed.

Looking at the drill, one places their hand bout 2 feet from the bag and drops it in a pattern about 5 times before switching to the other hand. This causes a slight pattern to be generated by the body. The hips turn slightly and the knees bend in what looks like a hard styled reverse punch body mechanic. Figure you do this 500 to a thousand times a day during the drill in a relaxed manor. Talk about working on the old golf swing!

The drill will make the hand hard. No big deal so will makiwari. There are no visible signs such as calluses though. The hands will swell and stay swollen a bit for a long time.

The sex thing. Iron palm was invented by monks. Hmmm. I don’t know. They say the drill causes sterility. It does maybey. After getting married, we could not have kids. Went to the doctor and found that my little guys were dead. 1 ˝ years after stopping the drill we had 3 kids. Now. I also changed to boxers and stopped sitting in the hot tub like the doctor said. Iron palm or hot scrote. I can’t say for sure. But what are the odds.

I think more than chi, it is the repetition of body mech. Causing the power. Having said that though, there are some strange things about hitting people with it. 1. You don’t have to move very fast to cause lots of pain. You do not need to use hip turn and weight transfer to hit hard. Though it may still be happening just very refined and not noticeable. 3. There is about a 3 second wait for the results. An iron palm (fists work too) to the body or to phone books on the body will at first do nothing. Then about 3 seconds later, the wind goes and then the pain sets in growing worse for about 7 seconds. I don’t know why this is happening. But it does.

Here is the real kicker! Grandmaster Tsai once said, anyone can do this! It is no magic or secret. The real secret is that you have confidence in the technique and believe it will work. It takes 100 days of doing the drill to convince yourself that you can do it. So, given this revelation, Chi, Body mechanics, or conditioning. What ever explanation you “believe” is all that is really necessary. The way lies in the drill, you know if you hit heavy bag 1000 times a day you will hit hard.
    Last edited by wagamichi; 12/09/2005 6:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:12pm

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think more than chi, it is the repetition of body mech. Causing the power. Having said that though, there are some strange things about hitting people with it. 1. You don’t have to move very fast to cause lots of pain. You do not need to use hip turn and weight transfer to hit hard. Though it may still be happening just very refined and not noticeable. 3. There is about a 3 second wait for the results. An iron palm (fists work too) to the body or to phone books on the body will at first do nothing. Then about 3 seconds later, the wind goes and then the pain sets in growing worse for about 7 seconds. I don’t know why this is happening. But it does.
    show me some video or someone reputable (ie, not an iron palm practicioner) to back you up at least

Here is the real kicker! Grandmaster Tsai once said, anyone can do this! It is no magic or secret. The real secret is that you have confidence in the technique and believe it will work. It takes 100 days of doing the drill to convince yourself that you can do it. So, given this revelation, Chi, Body mechanics, or conditioning. What ever explanation you “believe” is all that is really necessary. The way lies in the drill, you know if you hit heavy bag 1000 times a day you will hit hard.
    believing something will work doesnt make it work automatically, there was a kid at school who believed that god would protect him from a certain bully, a busted lip later he was proved wrong. belief may help with going through with the technique, but its not some magic fantasy land formula that garuntees success

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sex thing. Iron palm was invented by monks. Hmmm. I don’t know. They say the drill causes sterility. It does maybey. After getting married, we could not have kids. Went to the doctor and found that my little guys were dead. 1 ˝ years after stopping the drill we had 3 kids. Now. I also changed to boxers and stopped sitting in the hot tub like the doctor said. Iron palm or hot scrote. I can’t say for sure. But what are the odds.
    Considering that constriction and temperature are two of the biggest factors in sperm health, the odds are pretty damn low that it was your iron palm training.

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by roly
    show me some video or someone reputable (ie, not an iron palm practicioner) to back you up at least

believing something will work doesnt make it work automatically, there was a kid at school who believed that god would protect him from a certain bully, a busted lip later he was proved wrong. belief may help with going through with the technique, but its not some magic fantasy land formula that garuntees success

I am going to host a throw down in may, Come and we can play with it. I agree that blind faith is stupid but, if you think you are going to lose a match you probably will. thats the kind of "belife" I am talking about. breaking a board is easy. breaking a board if you are scared of it can be tricky. My point was, The drill makes you belive you can hit hard. the drill teaches you to hit hard. good combination of thought and action. Iron Palm is not the magick pill some want you to belive it is. It will make you hit hard.

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMack11
    Considering that constriction and temperature are two of the biggest factors in sperm health, the odds are pretty damn low that it was your iron palm training.

Thats why i brought it up, it may very well have been. I don't want to have any Bullshido in this thread. Every thing i say can be backed up in may at the throwdown.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude... you are not backing up you sperm count at a throwdown....

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JapumaClaus
    Dude... you are not backing up you sperm count at a throwdown....

Thats funny! and you got me! everything but that can be explored.

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by roly

This is the only video i have, One of my first degree black belts. he is not a fighter and works as a computer tech. Video is crappy and shot by his 10 year old son. he was just having some fun breaking. We do not put much stock in breaking but it is fun to do. He did one cycle. and is hitting a phone book on top of a 1" patio block. Not a hard break, but scary to do with the back of the hand. the drill has toughend it up so that is does not hurt. he is not yelling, making arm kung-fool gestures, not "deep breathing" or other ****. he just hits it. and see how little he moves his hips to generate the power.

http://martialart.peginfo.net/backhand.mpg

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:48pm

Style: AIKIDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for taking my advice about writing a thread about your style. I'm just sorry they didn't react the way I had hoped (maybe you should not have mentioned chi)

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by katsu
    thanks for taking my advice about writing a thread about your style. I'm just sorry they didn't react the way I had hoped (maybe you should not have mentioned chi)

I dont mind. Chi seems to the catch all for the unexplainable. Any moderator or well respected poster here can come to my school. I will teach them the drill for free and they can write a post about thier results after 100 days. No bulshido here!
Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast