223984 Bullies, 3934 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Ronin is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,894

    Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    I don't see it. I see bottom guy pushing him off with his palm in a manner that would make any BJJ player weep, I don't see him actually hitting him or hurting him anywhere. Does anyone else see what I miss?

    You didn't miss anything, THAT push is what leaves him in "pain".
  2. broken fingers is offline
    broken fingers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx
    Posts
    1,213

    Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:35pm


     Style: mixed

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the monkey defense....

    thats a joke right??
  3. Peter H. is offline

    Professional Wrestler

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,470

    Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:37pm


     Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    I don't see it. I see bottom guy pushing him off with his palm in a manner that would make any BJJ player weep, I don't see him actually hitting him or hurting him anywhere. Does anyone else see what I miss?
    There's a "pressure point" there that hurts and will rock a guy back, the guy on the ground is hitting it with his thumb. But if the guy has any pain tolerance or took the time to do some situps, it won't noticable bother him.

    And the guy in the striped shirt is way skinny, might be 160, tops.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

    "Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

    "If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

    "No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn
  4. poidog is offline
    poidog's Avatar

    Competition Team Tag...yes?

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sanctum Sanctorum, SoCal
    Posts
    1,383

    Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Few questions-

    1- Is the menacing glare and scowl mandatory, or could I be using these techniques with a smile and a wink?

    2- In the headlock defense, the requisite boot stomp to the head AFTER you've escaped the hold and are in a position of superiority (and legally are required to stop) doesn't seem vicious enough. Could I instead substitute a knife thrust to the throat or kidney?

    3- I'm scared of monkeys. Is there a substitute cover other than the "crazy monkey" that is just as effective as protecting myself and relieving the dandruff itch at the same time?
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa
  5. SuperGuido is offline
    SuperGuido's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Plasticville, CA
    Posts
    1,348

    Posted On:
    12/08/2005 6:01pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm fairly certain the "Crazy Monkey" defense was developed by Rodney King (not the guy that was assaulted by police, but a NHB competitor) that sells DVDs from The Straight Blast Gym.

    http://www.straightblastgym.com/videoinfo.htm

    I'm not saying that the other stuff isn't pure bullshit, but I know Marco Ruas from UFC used the "Crazy Monkey" guard pretty effectively in his fights.
  6. infenix is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    12/08/2005 6:12pm


     Style: Southern Mantis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Wow..Dim Mak VS the mount.
    And he was skinny.
    And that sucked.
    You're wrongly accusing me of implying dim mak saved the day. What I'm implying is that the guy is rubbing his side because it was sore, and that the reason it was made sore was totally in view and didn't require a dumbass question.

    And if he's skinny to you, it must be one of those divided-by-a-common-language things like pants and fanny. I know you Yanks are used to fat ...but

    Rgds,
    David
  7. big_jonson is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56

    Posted On:
    12/09/2005 7:01am


     Style: KickBoxing, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by infenix
    You're wrongly accusing me of implying dim mak saved the day. What I'm implying is that the guy is rubbing his side because it was sore, and that the reason it was made sore was totally in view and didn't require a dumbass question.

    And if he's skinny to you, it must be one of those divided-by-a-common-language things like pants and fanny. I know you Yanks are used to fat ...but

    Rgds,
    David

    I'm English and I think he's skinny.

    Is it you by any chance?
    Last edited by big_jonson; 12/13/2005 7:25am at .
  8. big_jonson is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56

    Posted On:
    12/13/2005 5:21am


     Style: KickBoxing, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it only fair to let the guy know what was being said about him. Without doing so it seemed a bit like bitching behind his back. I emailed him, heres what he had to say:

    Hi there

    first off I have no idea who the guy is nor why he has decided to associate
    himself with me. Second with regard to the movies clips on the website the
    fend/crazy monkey is merely a drill that we practice for 15-30 seconds in
    order to gain composure for taking shots, used in reality you would cover
    the first one or two then close to clinch in order to finish it with knees.
    If any of your board members had bothered to look else where on my website
    they would see a thorough explanation of that.

    The mount escape incorporates an uninterrupted bite to the body in order to
    create space to escape, hence the 'skinny dude' holding his side. As regard
    the comment regarding the use of the key such a method was influenced by
    Kelly McCann and if it was good enough for him its good enough for me.

    In regard to all I teach, I can assure you that I have pressure tested all
    my game both in live situations and under pressure during training and would
    be happy to invite anyone of your little arm chair enthusiasts, down to a
    private class with me for a personal demonstration, can't say fairer than
    that.

    I can't gain access to that forum nor do I have any desire to sit a keyboard
    tea party in order to join a bunch of idiots whose idea of training is
    character assassination. Like I said my club address is on my website please
    tell all to come on down.
    Peace
  9. strategist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    12/13/2005 6:51am


     Style: boxing/submission

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He gave you a good answer -- as far as I know, that guy worked the doors in Britain for many years and practiced many combat sports and not only martial arts.

    And BTW, his videos are certainly much better than those of Rorion & Royce showing so-called "street self-defence"...
  10. DaveMustaine is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Camaro
    Posts
    79

    Posted On:
    12/13/2005 2:19pm


     Style: 80's metal

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_jonson
    I thought it only fair to let the guy know what was being said about him. Without doing so it seemed a bit like bitching behind his back. I emailed him, heres what he had to say: I thought it only fair to let the guy know what was being said about him. Without doing so it seemed a bit like bitching behind his back. I emailed him, heres what he had to say:

    Quote:
    Hi there

    first off I have no idea who the guy is nor why he has decided to associate
    himself with me. Second with regard to the movies clips on the website the
    fend/crazy monkey is merely a drill that we practice for 15-30 seconds in
    order to gain composure for taking shots, used in reality you would cover
    the first one or two then close to clinch in order to finish it with knees.
    If any of your board members had bothered to look else where on my website
    they would see a thorough explanation of that.

    The mount escape incorporates an uninterrupted bite to the body in order to
    create space to escape, hence the 'skinny dude' holding his side. As regard
    the comment regarding the use of the key such a method was influenced by
    Kelly McCann and if it was good enough for him its good enough for me.

    In regard to all I teach, I can assure you that I have pressure tested all
    my game both in live situations and under pressure during training and would
    be happy to invite anyone of your little arm chair enthusiasts, down to a
    private class with me for a personal demonstration, can't say fairer than
    that.

    I can't gain access to that forum nor do I have any desire to sit a keyboard
    tea party in order to join a bunch of idiots whose idea of training is
    character assassination. Like I said my club address is on my website please
    tell all to come on down.
    Peace
    Haha, snap, he called bullshido on the forum!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.