Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 10:51am

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by roly
    drummerboy, nice enough techniques but the rolling kneebar didnt really look anything like an uchi mata to begin with, or were you showing only the kneebar
    Yeah, I was just showing off:)).

Ideally, I shouldn't be landing in his guard after the uchimata.

As for the kneebar, yeah, there was no attempt to uchimata before it, I was too tied up. But I like to use it from failed uchimata.

now go back to training and get a harai goshi that looks like khiritanov (typo?)
    As soon as i get rid of the ringworm.
    :(

Whiteshark: avi
    Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 6:45pm

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, for wrestling, I used to have great success with a koshi-guruma from the tie up. From the wrestling tie up you flow right into the koshi. It's very quick and I used to send people flying with it. It would freak everybody out because it's rare to send a wrestler flying through the air.
    lawdog, i was wondering if you have similar troubles to me. i have found my koshi-guruma sucks no gi, most people sortof shrug over it and try to get my back, its probably my technique thats at fault. but i much prefer getting and underhook as a control point rather than a headlock.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lawdog, i was wondering if you have similar troubles to me. i have found my koshi-guruma sucks no gi, most people sortof shrug over it and try to get my back, its probably my technique thats at fault. but i much prefer getting and underhook as a control point rather than a headlock.
    I would prefer a regular o-goshi with an underhook, but because of the tie up in wrestling, the koshi garuma is much easier to get. I never had any trouble with it, but I don't really know what my secret was. Sometimes a throw just works for you, and that is one of them. There was a certain amount of kuzushi involved, and I think that's probably where you're having trouble. To make it work no gi, kozushi and timing are critical. So is speed.

From the tie up, I'd yank them around pretty hard (wich is normal while tied up), then I'd jerk their neck down pretty hard just before spinning in for the koshi. Usually they're fighting my cranking their neck down, so as I spin in, they're straightening up somewhat, at least enough for me to get my hips in. The key is quickness and timing. It would usually work out where they were more or less upright just as I was sinking my hips in.

The first time I ever did it in wrestling was purely instinctual. I had already trained judo for several years so I knew the throw well and used it plenty in judo, but had never thought about using it in wrestling. We always trained the regular wrestling head & arm where you basically just drag your opponent down. For some reason, I instinctually went for it during a match my first year and it worked great. I probably used it a dozen times during the following 3 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:58pm

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good explanation, thanks for taking the time
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123