Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/07/2005 9:52pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah sweet,dude. roly, yeah i use the far handed over hook to guide em, not as kuzushi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 6:37am

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what is the general grips you take no-gi?

i always go for a wrist and an underhook

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 7:23am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love this throw, I'm trying really hard to make it one of my tokui waza.
    It goes great using an around the neck, shoulders or body grip, but those are kind of telegraphed. I'd really like to be able to nail this with the collar and sleeve grip, but that is proving difficult for me. I think I leave too much space when trying it that way.

I don't do much no gi, but when I do, Harai Goshi just kind of happens. It seems to fit really well.

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 10:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one of the throws that I pull off when free-wrestling and I find it conveniant to wrap around the neck, but underhook is fine as well. I did it this evening on a guy during grappling class, and everyone went "oooh" then the next round he picks me up and rugby dumps me on my arm, spraining my elbow. Everyone went "ooh" while wincing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap thats a nice throw there, harai all the way.
    Just a little thing to add, when doing the underhook make sure your arm goes deep around his, cuz if you are near his elbow you might crack it while trying to throw (not necessarly bad in competition, but while sparring a real crap)

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 10:41am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is THE no-gi go-to hip throw. It doesn't require you to turn your back completely or squat down super-low. Damn near any grip will work, and thanks to the reaping action, you clear the near leg from any counters. Watch for the reroll if you over-commit, though. That has been a problem for me.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fuckin pwn with the harai and uchimata. I find Uchimata easier though.

I only have a few throws left in my repetoire. I have strong footsweeps and O Uchi. When they start to lean a little to avoid those I jump in with a hip throw variation. Either Harai, Uchi, or O Goshi. Everything depends on the angle of entry and my opponents foot positioning.

In September I managed a beautiful O Goshi on Chris Brennan. I wish it would have been an Uchi Mata in retrospect and landed in his half guard. Would have been less likely to fall into his heel hook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:03am

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    drummerboy, nice enough techniques but the rolling kneebar didnt really look anything like an uchi mata to begin with, or were you showing only the kneebar

now go back to training and get a harai goshi that looks like khiritanov (typo?)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're able to clinch, you can use either an overhook or underhook for the harai-goshi. Personally I prefer the underhook when throwing harai, o-goshi or any of the koshi-waza. When throwing uchimata, I prefer an overhook though.

Like Eggnog, I've had good luck transitioning from the uchimata to a harai or even a tai-otoshi. Usually from the underhook though. The tai-otoshi prevents the overcomittment that Scrapper warned of which is very common with harai, but the tai-otoshi will only work if you have them almost dumped with the uchimata.

Now, for wrestling, I used to have great success with a koshi-guruma from the tie up. From the wrestling tie up you flow right into the koshi. It's very quick and I used to send people flying with it. It would freak everybody out because it's rare to send a wrestler flying through the air.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 10:41am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drummerboy what file format are those? They downloaded without extensions on my machine.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast