Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 2:35pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the book will point out the differences right? But not which is better, which is what I'm discussing. You're putting down the art simply becuase..well I don't really know why. I'm guessing it's because it isn't what you practice. I'm just saying you can't assume that kung fu would be better for someone than karate. There is no good or bad art really, just good or bad training. And even this is a little ambigious, as good and bad really depends on the goals, learning abilities, fitness, and a whole bunch of other factors of every individual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 2:39pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hats
    So the book will point out the differences right? But not which is better, which is what I'm discussing. You're putting down the art simply becuase..well I don't really know why. I'm guessing it's because it isn't what you practice. I'm just saying you can't assume that kung fu would be better for someone than karate. There is no good or bad art really, just good or bad training. And even this is a little ambigious, as good and bad really depends on the goals, learning abilities, fitness, and a whole bunch of other factors of every individual.
    ahhh, I misunderstood you the first time.

I just don't want my kids to go to a place called "Highsteppers American Karate". I know the instructor is awesome at NASKA weapons forms. Just not my cup of tea. I wasn't putting down karate, just the marketing tactics of the one place and their shiny, shiny kamas.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345