Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last

Thread: Wing Tsjun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    I'm sorry this is your teachers reason. I don't by this explanation you keep trying to assert.

If it was Kamon Martial Arts, Kamon Kung Fu, or Kamon Grappling, then I'd agree.

When you add .........Wing Chun you are still living off the name WC. People know or assume what they are going to get.

Also, by using one of the popular spellings VT/WT/WC, most people will know what camp you fall under.
    Actually we are known as Kamon Martial Arts... We use wing chun, but Kevin Chan was taught by Samuel Kwok association and then Ip Chun, so he can get away with it. If you read the Geoff Thompson article, Kevin Chan clarifies it a bit better.

From what I have seen, WT is nothing like what Ip Chun teaches, as Leung Ting has added his own stuff. Therefore, I imagine that is why the federation call it WT and not WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's it, I'm going to write it with Chinese characters only from now on.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mundane
    That's it, I'm going to write it with Chinese characters only from now on.

Which ones? There's disagreement over that, too.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason for this spelling bee contest is that Wing Tsun and Wing Chun are trademarks Leung Ting and William Cheung, so you can't use them unless you are a part of their association.

This guys' approach, writing and uniforms just reek Leung Ting and Keith Kernspecht even though they don't mention them on the site, so if they are a splinter group, they HAD to change their spelling.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    The reason for this spelling bee contest is that Wing Tsun and Wing Chun are trademarks Leung Ting and William Cheung, so you can't use them unless you are a part of their association.

This guys' approach, writing and uniforms just reek Leung Ting and Keith Kernspecht even though they don't mention them on the site, so if they are a splinter group, they HAD to change their spelling.

Tomas
    "Traditional Wing Chun" is Cheung's trademark. "Wing Chun" is the generic Yale Romanization style transliteration of the Chinese logograms.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    Can someone who speaks chinese verify that kung fu does not simply mean hard work?
    Gongfu is the correct pinyin (mandarin romanization). 'Gong' meaning skill/merit/achievment and 'fu' I believe mean effort/labour and would form the translation I've mostly heard which is variants of "Skill from effort".
    If you use another character for 'gong' meaning work/labour you could maybe get the translation "Hard work" allthough that character is not used to form the word that I know of though.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

you are now my bitch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wing chun+skirts= Aikido protesters:protest:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mmmm.... plum blossom pie. With added chi.

The tripodal form is pretty rare because a) surely you're already encouraged to kick stuff (dummys, trees, whatnot) and b) surely you're already taught a front-side kick drill. Therefore rendering a whole new 'form' a bit... well, it's just kinda jammed in there. There's a lineage that does a 'wallbag form', whereby you... hit a wallbag. In sequence.

Someone needs to make one of those immature photographs with a caption for use during threads where arguing over wing chun spellings and the existance of Ng Mui comes up...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.wingtsjun.com/index.php?id=488
    Awesome McDojo grading system.

http://www.wingtsjun.com/index.php?id=537
    Star Trekesque uniforms!

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last