Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My current Kru is a long time Muay Thai coach under of Ajarn Surachai or Master Chai. Ajarn Chai is the founder of the Thai boxing association of the U.S. One of the oldest if not the first Thai boxing association in the U.S. I currently hold Level I rank in the Thai boxing association of the U.S. You get a certificate not a belt. Then Level II. Then Kru.

The belt is in the ring.

I think Khun Kao's camp is the best for Muay Thai in the DC metro area.

Their coach is:

Ajarn Bumrung Prawatsrichai (Master Danny) a veteran of over 350 professional fights during a career that has spanned over 20 years. As a fighter in Thailand, Master Danny fought under the name "Tapra Kwonchaichernobut" which means "King of the Country Gym". He was also referred to as either "King Cobra" or "Tractor" due to his aggressive fighting style, in which he always moved forward to attack.

Ajarn Bumrung has held the Muay Thai Championship Belts at both Lumphinee and Radjadamnern Stadiums in Bangkok Thailand. Lumphinee and Radjadamnern Stadiums are world renowned as the premier arenas for Muay Thai competition, hosting the best fighters from all over the world.

Khun Kao has been Thai boxing for 12 years and is an accomplished boxer under Master K and Master Danny.

They also have a BJJ brown belt under Pedro Sauer.

If my focus was BJJ then I would probably go train at Loyd Irving's in Camp Springs or Mike Moses' since I will be living in Gaithersburg. I want to focus on Muay Thai for a while.

I think this kid is confusing Mike's BJJ rank with MT.
    Last edited by DARKSON; 12/09/2005 10:48pm at .
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 8:04am

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok my understanding is as follows. There are NO belts in MT - I know this. MT programs that give out rankings (I have taken lessons from places that do this, even Master K did this) - this indicates things like knowledge and or how long you have been taking lessons. It means something within the school, it means NOTHING in MT. I have heard of people talking about taking test under Master Chai, I have heard they are very difficult. Again, it is known that these interschool ranks mean nothing in the world of MT, it just has something to do with the school, nothing to do with the ring. It is to indicate that you are good enough to teach others using his name as an association.
    You guys better watch what you say, before I make YOU Personally Defend Yourself :besos:

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 12:15pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JeezyTheSnowman. Moses is still opening the hagerstown location right?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sammy Franco?
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 9:19pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sammy Franco is all over bullshido, he runs a RBSD school and is a bit insane. He talks real thugish but lives in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the USA. Reading about him makes you laugh.
    Kikko - I have not heard anything about the Haggerstown school for a while. It was my understadning that the location was going to open weeks ago but I don't think that happened. Perhaps a student can clarify what the deal is. Regardless, I think that Mike will be teaching there one day a week and the academy would be open like 3 days a week. Amy and Mike are both great teachers so whoever teaches, it is a win win situation. I think a few blue belts will be helping out there as well.
    If you want to learn MT, then go to the gaithersburg location. A long drive but I don't think you would hit too much traffic. A guy named Kyle teaches most of the MT, it is very good. They do a lot of drills as well so you can practice stuff at home if you can't make it there all the time. If I move back into the area, I will join as well and in time I will hopefully get a BB in BJJ and MT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 11:19am

Style: Heal-Jitsu..yet again :-(

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSON

Ajarn Bumrung Prawatsrichai (Master Danny) a veteran of over 350 professional fights during a career that has spanned over 20 years.

Khun Kao has been Thai boxing for 12 years and is an accomplished boxer under Master K and Master Danny.

They also have a BJJ brown belt under Pedro Sauer.
    Who the hell told you that Master Danny has a Brown Belt from Pedro Sauer??? That is complete bullshido! I don't think he is even a blue belt . I've seen newbie white belts roll with him and submit him quite easily. The only thing Master Danny is good at is talking about his past.
    Last edited by dinnerpig; 7/26/2007 11:21am at .

Loving Father

Posted On:
    7/30/2007 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    probably used a back hoe. . .
    dang. . .the stench. . .all musty
    & rank!
    :toothy9:
    `~/

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 8:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dinnerpig View Post
    Who the hell told you that Master Danny has a Brown Belt from Pedro Sauer??? That is complete bullshido! I don't think he is even a blue belt . I've seen newbie white belts roll with him and submit him quite easily. The only thing Master Danny is good at is talking about his past.
    i watched master danny roll a week ago and whether he is a brown belt blue belt white bet or whatever he knows his ****. hes also 65 years old and the average white belt will be less than half that. he also teaches at the same place as Pedro Sauer. and seeing as how he has been in 350 fights and all the training that comes with them it would be damn near impossible to not learn other things along the way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2010 1:31pm

Style: BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yamasaki in Rockville, Maryland has a good Muay Thai program and a boxing program. It's now only $50/month for a limited time w/no contracts for 2 classes a week. Call Mark for info: 202-812-8665.

There are classes in the early & late mornings and evenings....almost everyday.

Here's the morning instructor (Diego) in a couple of his fights:

YouTube- Diego Peclat at Gladiator Fight Club

YouTube- Diego Peclat - Campeonato Brasileiro Aberto 31/10/09

YouTube- Diego Peclat- Festival de Muay Thai 2006

There's also an in-house Muay Thai & Boxing tournament on Saturday July 10th 2010 at 1:30pm. Just mostly beginners & intermediate students getting some ring time in....as well as some instructor fights. It's free, all are welcomed...come & go as you please. 5609 Fishers Lane, 20852.
    Last edited by 98Bird; 6/28/2010 2:12pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12