Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:55am

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you talking about? Where did I say I went to Croydon - I've never been to Anton's school in my life. I said that some of the people that I train with trained at Croydon and Beckenham. Plus you know nothing about me - so how you can be certain that Teh DeaDLY WC people are unbeatable by me is bizarre.

You're so wrong with regard to throwing it's beyond funny. If I throw someone to the ground then I aim to be on them and transitioning to mount as quickly as possible - for me to throw effectively my centre must be joined to theirs, ergo there is nowhere for them to pull me to as I am already as close as I can get.

25 stone. Jeez.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:10am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain
    What are you talking about? Where did I say I went to Croydon - I've never been to Anton's school in my life. I said that some of the people that I train with trained at Croydon and Beckenham. Plus you know nothing about me - so how you can be certain that Teh DeaDLY WC people are unbeatable by me is bizarre..
    That explains it - you trained with Anton Thomas students. For the record, his stuff is crap - I know because I too destroyed his students. None of our Croydon/Beckenham Kamon guys train with outsiders, I know because I am very very good friends with all of them.

The guys at croydon who have been doing wing chun for over 5 years are very hard to beat. We have a couple of cage fighter, two ex pro-boxers, a senior ninjutsu instructor and a partridge in a pear tree

You're so wrong with regard to throwing it's beyond funny. If I throw someone to the ground then I aim to be on them and transitioning to mount as quickly as possible - for me to throw effectively my centre must be joined to theirs, ergo there is nowhere for them to pull me to as I am already as close as I can get..
    Well without being rude, I have never seen anything to the contrary. If I do I would be the first to put my hands up and admit I was wrong.

25 stone. Jeez.
    Hell yeah

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:19am

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe go along to the Gracie Barra place sometime? I'm sure they must have some big guys for you to roll with that like a bit of standup. Failing that the Jaguar BJJ guys in Gravesend are excellent, I used to train with them. Very good focus on self-defence - much more standup work than most BJJ places I've seen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe go along to the Gracie Barra place sometime? I'm sure they must have some big guys for you to roll with that like a bit of standup. Failing that the Jaguar BJJ guys in Gravesend are excellent, I used to train with them. Very good focus on self-defence - much more standup work than most BJJ places I've seen.
    I currently train under Roger Gracie at the Barra gym in Kensal Road. Awesome tutelage, but they still get pulled down by me when they go for the throw. There are big guys there (one guy's heavier than me!!).

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    I'm sure you have.... I would be interested in names. So if you could PM me that would be great. If not, I will assume you are talking nonsense

How were you better than them? In Kamon, we have all different shapes and sizes. We train with anyone who comes along whether they are six foot ten or four foot one. I doubt that you were better than all of them - we have guys who are ex-pro boxers.

I accredit it to cross training. I am advocating cross training. My original point (all those threads ago) was that you need a good base in a martial art and then develop other styles to coincide with that.

Bellingham Boys indeed...

That was my point - they didn't have formal training!! They just did it. I never said boxing was limiting. I just strongly believe that you cannot rely on boxing alone to win the day

Wing chun provides a good power base with which to explode from. A small guy or a woman will always be limited to how much power they can hit with in boxing.

A person who weighs seven stone is going to struggle making any impact with a punch to a person who is double his size. Wing chun helps develop a bit more of an advantage.

It also gets your hands quicker and more able to flow round a persons guard.

You are right, however, in your assertion that there are people out there who reckon they could defeat a guy just using chain punching. Even Sifu (Kevin Chan) who hits like a jackhammer in every one of his punches would not rely on that to win a fight

I didn't say that we would show you how to train - that is up to you. I was just offering to give you a visual representation of how we do clinch work.

My point about the bouncer was that he relied on boxing alone to make him a good fighter. People were arguing that boxing alone would be awesome. I was pointing out the flaw

We train it as part of our escapes from clinching. Other than that, throwing is a waste of time. When people try to throw you, all you have to do is hold on, and they would fall on top of you. I humiliated a Judo European Champ (who was my girlfriend) because she tried a hip toss. I held onto her gi and she fel on top of me.

The ignorance in this ONE post alone is enough to knock off 50 IQ points from anyone that reads it !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    The ignorance in this ONE post alone is enough to knock off 50 IQ points from anyone that reads it !
    Oh be quiet. Every one of your posts is a one line comment winging about something without any justification behind it

At least there are guys on this post who contribute valid arguments and excellent points. Kaitain has expressed his points clearly and given me food for thought.

This is productive discussion between me and some of the other wing chun guys.

Your one line insult does nothing but make me laugh

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:29am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh be quiet. Every one of your posts is a one line comment winging about something without any justification behind it

At least there are guys on this post who contribute valid arguments and excellent points. Kaitain has expressed his points clearly and given me food for thought.

This is productive discussion between me and some of the other wing chun guys.

Your one line insult does nothing but make me laugh

Please enlighten me.
    With your vast DECADES of experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Please enlighten me.
    With your vast DECADES of experience.
    Enlighten you with what?

Are you saying that a person who has done decades of martial arts has the right to call a guy an idiot. If so, your years (And I don't believe that you have trained for more than 2 years) of 'experience' were wasted...

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:35am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "
    Wing chun provides a good power base with which to explode from. A small guy or a woman will always be limited to how much power they can hit with in boxing.

A person who weighs seven stone is going to struggle making any impact with a punch to a person who is double his size. Wing chun helps develop a bit more of an advantage.

It also gets your hands quicker and more able to flow round a persons guard.

You are right, however, in your assertion that there are people out there who reckon they could defeat a guy just using chain punching. Even Sifu (Kevin Chan) who hits like a jackhammer in every one of his punches would not rely on that to win a fight "

SO WC only works for big people ?
    And boxing doesn't work for small people ?

" We train it as part of our escapes from clinching. Other than that, throwing is a waste of time. When people try to throw you, all you have to do is hold on, and they would fall on top of you. I humiliated a Judo European Champ (who was my girlfriend) because she tried a hip toss. I held onto her gi and she fel on top of me. "

So, throwing is a waste of time...
    Amazing comment, truly.
    Doesn't even deserve a reply.

Euro Judo champ eh?
    Name please.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:38am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Enlighten you with what?

Are you saying that a person who has done decades of martial arts has the right to call a guy an idiot. If so, your years (And I don't believe that you have trained for more than 2 years) of 'experience' were wasted...

You are new here, very new obviously, and kid in your early 20's, so I will cut you some slack.
    Your posts show lack of experience.
    You "nutride" WC, yet make sill comments on how WC in "Set only" and has no "knees".
    You adocate cross training, yet mention how throws are a waste of time, and that boxing, and WC for that matter, doesn't work for smaller people.

I could go on, but I don't have to.
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast