Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 7:01pm

Style: AIKIDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first of all I said nothing about killing! I do NOT practice murder-fu I do AIKIDO. any ways sounds fun if it is just tactics and strategy

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by katsu
    not too DEADLY per se just rather dangerous
    Dude, If I'm doing BJJ, I can choke you out, break your arms, ankles, knees, do a spinal lock, slam you to the ground etc. but...we take it to the point where I am perfectly capable of completing the action but stop before actually doing it.

I have your arm in an armbar. There is no where for you to go as I gradually raise my hips and you feel the tension across your elbow joint. I recognize that if I keep going, I break your arm, you recognize that if I keep going, you'll have your arm broken so I slow-up the "finish" and you tap. This stuff can seriously harm you and is very dangerous but...we tend to go full-out until the "permanant damage" move is to be performed. There is no "well, I shouldn't grapple with you because it's too dangerous, I know I can break your arm with this move so we'll just leave it at that, let's talk strategy."

I call total BS on your "my art is too dangerous" to spar. If you never spar/practice against fully resisting opponents, you have no clue as to how effective your moves really are. It is the essence of Bullshido.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STOP TYPING JUJUTSU ZIUZIUTU!

Seriously. WTF man. Geez.
    More human than human is our motto.

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    points taken Aikido is not to dangerous to spar osensei randorid people from other styles all the time but never once injured anyone but wen his students did it they often DID hurt people BADLY a kotegaesi is nothing to sneeze at so maybe wen I approach osensei's level YOU'RE ON! kenkasimsio! but until then I'll have to cop out. and as for my romanization of the gentle way I prefer nihonsikiromazi or kunreisikiromazi to hebonshikiromaji only reason I spell my name "katsu" rather than "katu" is because I don't want any one to mentally mispronouncing my name

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :englishmo

Man, I always wanted to use that one.

I don't know what your terms refer to.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just read this O.K? good page, vary informative http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization#Japanese

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 10:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your link does nothing to explain what the romanized Japanese words you are using mean. A link to sites which explain the specific arts/techniques you are referring to would be great.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 10:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345