223775 Bullies, 3926 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 91
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. wagamichi is offline
    wagamichi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,405

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 3:56pm


     Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    New and venting!

    I am new to this board! I did read the “don’t read” And I am probably going to revisit old wounds. But I got to vent man! So pardon my tirade!

    1. What is with the Korean arts? There is a saying that people look like their pets. I think the same is true of martial arts. For what ever reason, TKD people all look the same. They all have what I call TKD hair! It is a combination of Baptist minister-Mormon-missionary-used car salesman. Along with the hair comes the billboard gi. That’s right they look like some kind of NASCAR poster child.

    The second problem with these guys is that you can’t tell them anything. Master Park says so. I was speaking with a TKD guy one time. He said the reason they kick so much is because the legs are the strongest part of the body and can do the most damage. When I asked him why they do not punch to the face in their tournaments he said it was far too dangerous. WTF! The legs are the most dangerous weapon you have so kick the face! Yea!!! Don’t punch it though, safety first!

    Have you noticed how the Koreans think they invented everything? Here in Indy they have Korean Tai chi. Korean Kung-fu, now there is Korean kendo called kumdo. Next I am sure there will be Korean krave maga called somedumbshit. What ever. The Koreans want to bask in the glory of what they call the three kingdoms and the Silla warriors called the hwarang. What ever! Korea has been conquered more time than any other Asian country. Their warriors suck!

    2. Self removed after being called out on rumor with no facts. It was bad form, self corrected.
    3. I have to say I am split on the ninja issue. OMG don’t get me wrong, the ninja people are the same nerds that played dungeons and dragons back in the 80’s and probably still to day. The only reason I am split on it is that I am a police officer and a buddy of mine trains In the Bujinkan. I have seen him apply at least some of their techniques and even throw on the street. So to some extent it does seem to have a combat application. Having said that, his teacher is a police officer as well, and was a black belt in karate prior to starting Ninjitsu. It may just be that this club stays away from all the fantasy-fu and just trains the actual techniques. Jim has never mentioned any tree climbing sessions or throwing star practice. On the other hand. There was a Quest center here a few years ago. That is one of Hays franchises. Goofy goofy goofy. A guy named Rick Sears ran it. I was at the book store in the mall one time and this boner had put his business card in all the MA books. A picture of him and the phrase “I have more to offer than just good looks” was on the card!

    4. I lot of finger pointing about kid black belts here. I promote them to black belt but not like you think. In my school an I am not teaching the kids to “fight” I don’t sell it as such. Even my website says I will not teach the combat application to kids. I teach the Do to kids for character development. They learn how to peddle and steer but the training wheels stay on. A Jr. Black belt is out ranked by an adult that does not even do karate. They start their real training 13 but can not become a real black belt until after 16. The difference between me and the Mcdojos is that I never tell the kids they are real black belts. I have no 2nd degree Jr. Black belt. They wait until they are old enough. Now if you just don’t think children should train, you better look at history. Most warrior cultures took the boys about age 7 to start their training. Musashi killed his first when he was 13.

    5. Chanbara sucks, is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. In fact I am embarrassed for the people doing it!
    :redx:

    [Samuel Browning broke this post into paragraphs for easier reading, no text was changed.]
    Last edited by wagamichi; 12/06/2005 12:50pm at .
  2. PEtrainer is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    320

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 4:04pm


     Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    I smoked somecrak then decide to talk about anything in my head!Thenitalkedreallyfast!
    Dude, you can lose your badge if they catch you smoking evidence.
  3. wagamichi is offline
    wagamichi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,405

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 4:13pm


     Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEtrainer
    Dude, you can lose your badge if they catch you smoking evidence.

    Don't I know it! Whew!
  4. WhiteShark is offline
    WhiteShark's Avatar

    1% Shark is better than you.

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,179

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 4:16pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehe is a Kempo guy running all his points together and doing everything really fast without any real depth?
  5. wagamichi is offline
    wagamichi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,405

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 4:31pm


     Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Hehe is a Kempo guy running all his points together and doing everything really fast without any real depth?

    Dude, I am at work. cant write a novel.

    And remember Kempo is a generic term. we are not with mitosi, parker, Or tracy. never have been.
    Last edited by wagamichi; 12/05/2005 4:42pm at .
  6. HwangJangLee is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    476

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 4:56pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well yet another member ripping on korean MA...Korean Tai Chi? wtf is that, are you sure that crack isnt killing to many brain cells, and Korean Kumdo is not a copy of Kendo, the Koreans as you put it are not coping any thing, however stupid white people how want to make money are just using the name korea to attract other costermers, TKD is so popular (and now turning so incrediply gay) that any one who gets a a book on TKD thinks that they are qualified to teach it. So Dude u dont need to beat a dead horse, im getting sick of people ripping on TKD when my class is nothing like the ones often refered to in most TKD is bullshit threads.
  7. wagamichi is offline
    wagamichi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,405

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 5:28pm


     Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    well yet another member ripping on korean MA...Korean Tai Chi? wtf is that, are you sure that crack isnt killing to many brain cells, and Korean Kumdo is not a copy of Kendo, the Koreans as you put it are not coping any thing, however stupid white people how want to make money are just using the name korea to attract other costermers, TKD is so popular (and now turning so incrediply gay) that any one who gets a a book on TKD thinks that they are qualified to teach it. So Dude u dont need to beat a dead horse, im getting sick of people ripping on TKD when my class is nothing like the ones often refered to in most TKD is bullshit threads.

    History of Ip Sun (Korean Tai chi)


    Ip Sun, an internal martial art much like Tai Chi, was developed by Buddhist monks living at the Dae-yeon Sa Temple located in the Korean mountains. The martial art is a moving meditation that develops self-awareness, confidence, and inner-strength while emphasizing techniques that improve balance, coordination, concentration, and self-defense. Ip Sun fundamentals include breath control, awareness, and fluidity of motion. Brought to the United States in 1981 by Grandmaster Wonik Yi, Ip Sun training was included as an integral part of the Tukong Moosul system. Ip Sun form training covers three basic elements: spiritual philosophy, physical application, and energy flow.

    In indy, Choi's TKD school promotes Korean Tai chi. A chinese art improved by the Korean Masters. Ih site is down but his brothers is up [URL=http://www.kimoodo.com/] and http://www.omacworld.com/home.html#


    I guess kimoodo is Korean Chi-Gong.

    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    however stupid white people how want to make money are just using the name korea to attract other costermers,
    He aint a white guy chief! I grant you i have not seen every TKD school out there and I am sure there Are good ones. You may have one I don't Know. Sorry to insult you and that was not meant. So let me clarify. TKD in Indy is stupid!
    Last edited by wagamichi; 12/05/2005 5:40pm at .
  8. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 5:49pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    What is with the Korean arts?
    They're not populated by real men of genius like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    For what ever reason, TKD people all look the same. They all have what I call TKD hair! It is a combination of Baptist minister-Mormon-missionary-used car salesman.
    My head is shaved. Or was this supposed to be a psuedo-racist comment about Asian hair fashion trends?

    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Along with the hair comes the billboard gi. That’s right they look like some kind of NASCAR poster child.
    I think you've confused us with the BJJ guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    He said the reason they kick so much is because the legs are the strongest part of the body and can do the most damage.
    Hmmm....biggest muscles in the body? Check.
    Some of the thickest bones in the body? Check.

    Sounds reasonable to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    When I asked him why they do not punch to the face in their tournaments he said it was far too dangerous. WTF! The legs are the most dangerous weapon you have so kick the face! Yea!!! Don’t punch it though, safety first!
    He probably did Olympic TKD...which is a sport, not a martial art.

    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Have you noticed how the Koreans think they invented everything? Here in Indy they have Korean Tai chi. Korean Kung-fu, now there is Korean kendo called kumdo. Next I am sure there will be Korean krave maga called somedumbshit. What ever. The Koreans want to bask in the glory of what they call the three kingdoms and the Silla warriors called the hwarang. What ever! Korea has been conquered more time than any other Asian country. Their warriors suck!
    Seriously, go shut the **** up you racist son of bitch.

    Come on out to a Maryland Throwdown any time you'd like to taste TKD.
  9. wagamichi is offline
    wagamichi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,405

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 5:53pm


     Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    They're not populated by real men of genius like you.



    My head is shaved. Or was this supposed to be a psuedo-racist comment about Asian hair fashion trends?



    I think you've confused us with the BJJ guys.



    Hmmm....biggest muscles in the body? Check.
    Some of the thickest bones in the body? Check.

    Sounds reasonable to me.



    He probably did Olympic TKD...which is a sport, not a martial art.



    Seriously, go shut the **** up you racist son of bitch.

    Come on out to a Maryland Throwdown any time you'd like to taste TKD.

    Ha ha ha!!! don't get mad. just trolling. and Like I allready said! TKD in indy sucks! I don't know about your deadly Style from the mary-land mountains. Give me a link to check out! You are probably a good guy.

    Oh and I am not a racist! When refering to Korean, I mean from a historic art line not genetics.



    Hey this is from your own web site
    "Modelled on the Enshinkan, the Seidokai, and the Nipponkan (the fact that we have to look to the Japanese because there is no Korean model for this is insulting and shamefulˇ¦we must change thatˇ¦and if there is any Korean examples that can be thought of, please tell me.) "
    Last edited by wagamichi; 12/05/2005 6:06pm at .
  10. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 5:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    They're not populated by real men of genius like you.



    My head is shaved. Or was this supposed to be a psuedo-racist comment about Asian hair fashion trends?



    I think you've confused us with the BJJ guys.



    Hmmm....biggest muscles in the body? Check.
    Some of the thickest bones in the body? Check.

    Sounds reasonable to me.



    He probably did Olympic TKD...which is a sport, not a martial art.



    Seriously, go shut the **** up you racist son of bitch.

    Come on out to a Maryland Throwdown any time you'd like to taste TKD.

    well ****, you convinced me! Except that "Olympic TKD is a sport, not a martial art" line was just gay.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.