12/06/2005 3:19am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajudo
    In this thread,

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28171

Mateus implies a PhD, and his job is "as an MD". I suspect he might be a nutritionist.

I don't know about the PhD part - he's making errors of fact that I would not expect from someone trained in life sciences (Samfoo pretty much owned him); but then, the errors I notice most are more in areas not directly related to health and medicine, so I may be unfair.
    Well, having read that I amend my comment. He is clearly, from the context of the thread, implying that he works in some sort branch of healthcare research. However as I said in my original response no doctor in the UK would refer to themselves as an MD, it simply isn't done. It's easy enough to check though: "Mateus, are you a registered doctor in the UK and if so what's your GMC number?"

He also makes a classic mistake when he claims that he's shown his work to the head of British medical research. There is no such person (now there's a suprise) and to even claim it shows a profound lack of understanding about how research is done in the medical world.

If he was a nutritionist why not say so? MD conveys nothing, it's meaningless in Britain and confusing for non-Brits.
    Failing to become awesome since 1976

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    12/06/2005 3:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi
    Well, having read that I amend my comment. He is clearly, from the context of the thread, implying that he works in some sort branch of healthcare research. However as I said in my original response no doctor in the UK would refer to themselves as an MD, it simply isn't done. It's easy enough to check though: "Mateus, are you a registered doctor in the UK and if so what's your GMC number?"

He also makes a classic mistake when he claims that he's shown his work to the head of British medical research. There is no such person (now there's a suprise) and to even claim it shows a profound lack of understanding about how research is done in the medical world.

If he was a nutritionist why not say so? MD conveys nothing, it's meaningless in Britain and confusing for non-Brits.
    +rep for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2005 10:53am

Style: KickBoxing, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's not adverse to a bit of bullshit.

Instead of trying to explain or prove his statements. He'll just lay on a bit of BS in an attempt to block any retorts.

"My research has been looked at by the head of research in the UK" - "(So there! what can you say to that? you can't argue with that)".

"I have been in the army for 22 years..been in lots of real combat.. blah blah" - ("So don't even try to diss my style of martial arts. I am better than you").

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2005 11:41am

Style: Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, it looks like he's laying low. He hasn't been on since the second.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/member.php?userid=5254

:owneddanc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2005 1:06pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankt Nikolaus
    Does he realize it only takes a fraction of the U.S. forces to whipe out the UK? :qright5:

Sorry but the best and most powerful military on the planet is the U.S. Armed Forces.
    That's true but only because we have the biggest military budget and spends the most out of any nation in the world. As matter of fact, do a quick google and you can see that our nation spends more than most top 10 nations combined.

It'd be nice if some of the money gets directed to social spending...

Old School DM

Posted On:
    12/06/2005 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Used Up
    Actually, it looks like he's laying low. He hasn't been on since the second.
    Ya, he kind of shut up after I challenged him on his claims of being a Royal Marine, pointing out his own public profile suggested otherwise...

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...3&postcount=60
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2005 4:54am

Style: KickBoxing, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2005 6:45am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajudo
    In this thread,

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28171

Mateus implies a PhD, and his job is "as an MD". I suspect he might be a nutritionist.
    If he's describing his job as being "MD" he's most probably working a a Managing Director (CEO?). Most people with Medical Doctorate work as "consultants", as far as I understand.

Posted On:
    12/07/2005 8:04am

Style: Kfu, Wc, Taiji, Mili comb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL ..

Im gonna get in trouble with my Sifu, Fortunately I dont think he reads this site... The pic of mateus is not him.. Its a silly ninja pic..

and sato Nwemasu is a Dig at ninja sites ...

My name is S.southey I am a doctor, and have been studying with Mateus for about 1 year.. I have no idea what his Black belt test is like becuase ive only got the first grading ....

The System with the 24hr black belt test is :
    http://www.urbancombatives.com/shredder.htm

I have been studying with these guys in Military style combat for 4 years...

I would just like to take this opportunity to apologise to Sifu Mateus for any confusion caused ........
    Last edited by Mateus; 12/07/2005 8:25am at .

Posted On:
    12/07/2005 8:39am

Style: Kfu, Wc, Taiji, Mili comb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems one of you honourable gentlemen(NOT!) ... Backstabbed me and E-mailed this discussion to Mateus.. Cheers guys, i guess there is No honour amongst martial artists...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast