Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9chambers
    Royce Gracie's Fight Fest - Fight Fest I
    Date: December 9, 2005

Matchups:

Eric Esch vs. Wally Keanboom

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=3670
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/events.asp

You cant call it a Fight Fest without an appearance by Butterbean. Its in the by-laws. :chewy:
  3. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9Chambers,
    Do you have a FREE ticket for me? I don't want to spend $30 bucks for nosebleed seats but would gladly let you take me for free. Another problem is...I don't want to pay to be forced to sit through the SkidRow prefight concert.

Cheaply yours,
    YK

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 3:56pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Khornelius
    9Chambers,
    Do you have a FREE ticket for me? I don't want to spend $30 bucks for nosebleed seats but would gladly let you take me for free. Another problem is...I don't want to pay to be forced to sit through the SkidRow prefight concert.

Cheaply yours,
    YK
    I would pay 30 bucks NOT to watch SkidRow.
  5. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 11:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce Gracie's Fight Fest

OK...I didn't go...but I have heard 2 different sources tell me the same thing so I have to ask, "HOW MANY MMA FIGHTS ARE ACTUALLY STAGED BULLSHIT?"

My question doesn't just arise from my sources allegations but from my own personal experience at the local MMA events held about 3 times a year. I go to these shows and they all seem legit except for 2 things: There always seems to be a bullshit WWFesque staredown/****-talking session between 2 guys scheduled to fight at the next event (to drum up interest and sell tickets to the stupid rednecks) AND there always seems to be one fight that makes everyone look around at each other and say, "What the **** was that...There is no way that was real..." I have had this question for awhile but after what I heard this weekend it has popped back into my head.

First story:
    Danny Thomas vs. Chris Fernette
    To be honest...I never heard of these guys but from what I heard Danny Thomas is a local guy. I was told that a group of guys went to support him and left immediately. They didn't even stay for the rest of the show because they were so pissed off because it was obviously fixed.

Second story:
    My bosses got free tickets when they met a promoter in a local bar. They know nothing about any combat sports...especially MMA. I talked to one of them this morning and he loved it. He said it was great and would support any MMA events in the future. He had only 2 complaints.
    1) Danny Thomas vs. Chris Fernette
    He said the same thing I already heard. I specifically didn't bring this up because I didn't want to enfluence his report...AND IT WAS THE FIRST THING HE SAID. There is the chance that he is mistaken because he didn't know what he was looking at but the fact that I already heard the same thing tends to make one a believer.
    2) Eric Esch vs. Wally Keanboom
    The other thing that he called a fix was the Butterbean fight. He came away thinking this other guy must travel with Butterbean like the Washington Generals did with the Harlem Globetrotters. I laughed when he said this. He said Wally Keanboom came into the ring dressed like a viking and that screamed of more professional wrestling bullshit.

Again...I wasn't there and have no personal opinion.
    Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx; 12/12/2005 11:36am at .
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 8:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't get to go so I can't comment on any of the events in question.

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 9:15pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Khornelius
    Royce Gracie's Fight Fest

OK...I didn't go...but I have heard 2 different sources tell me the same thing so I have to ask, "HOW MANY MMA FIGHTS ARE ACTUALLY STAGED BULLSHIT?"

My question doesn't just arise from my sources allegations but from my own personal experience at the local MMA events held about 3 times a year. I go to these shows and they all seem legit except for 2 things: There always seems to be a bullshit WWFesque staredown/****-talking session between 2 guys scheduled to fight at the next event (to drum up interest and sell tickets to the stupid rednecks) AND there always seems to be one fight that makes everyone look around at each other and say, "What the **** was that...There is no way that was real..." I have had this question for awhile but after what I heard this weekend it has popped back into my head.

First story:
    Danny Thomas vs. Chris Fernette
    To be honest...I never heard of these guys but from what I heard Danny Thomas is a local guy. I was told that a group of guys went to support him and left immediately. They didn't even stay for the rest of the show because they were so pissed off because it was obviously fixed.

Second story:
    My bosses got free tickets when they met a promoter in a local bar. They know nothing about any combat sports...especially MMA. I talked to one of them this morning and he loved it. He said it was great and would support any MMA events in the future. He had only 2 complaints.
    1) Danny Thomas vs. Chris Fernette
    He said the same thing I already heard. I specifically didn't bring this up because I didn't want to enfluence his report...AND IT WAS THE FIRST THING HE SAID. There is the chance that he is mistaken because he didn't know what he was looking at but the fact that I already heard the same thing tends to make one a believer.
    2) Eric Esch vs. Wally Keanboom
    The other thing that he called a fix was the Butterbean fight. He came away thinking this other guy must travel with Butterbean like the Washington Generals did with the Harlem Globetrotters. I laughed when he said this. He said Wally Keanboom came into the ring dressed like a viking and that screamed of more professional wrestling bullshit.

Again...I wasn't there and have no personal opinion.

Thats why in Rome They killed the loser! That is what i want to come back!
  8. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Video!!!!