Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 9:23am

Style: Functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi KleinHaar,

Our last two newsletters have just been emailed to you.
    Enjoy !

Kindest Regards
    Morné
    www.jkd.co.za

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 9:27am

Style: Functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HI KnuckleMeister,

Drop me a mail when you are in Durban. Will be great to meet you and to get some training in! Early next year i will be travelling to the States, Germany, London and Brazil. Will be great to meet some of you guys and maybe set up a training session at your gym.

Kindest Regards
    Morné
    www.jkd.co.za
    Last edited by morne; 12/05/2005 9:39am at .

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 9:34am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't this posted as an article too? I swear I've seen it here somewhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:29am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

not a bad first post.

Morne,

Decent first post, however I will say that all of the things you have said have been stated in the past and done to death. Most of the RBSD folks that we see here at Bullshido are eye gouging, nut grabbing, and throat punching windbags who have little fight experience. While these techniques can work on “the street” they tend to be a low percentage deal. It is my opinion that you should learn these things however spending more time on the basics is time well spent.

That being said I would like to counter you on a few things about your post. You talk about training for any situation with multiple attackers, with user of a wall, ect. I think that all these are valid however most conflicts that normal people are going to get into on “the street” that involve multiple attackers are going to be difficult at best just to survive. Most (I am not saying yours) but most multiple attacker drills are flawed, due to people either holding back or speed of actions being reduced.

Your suggestions for training are a good idea but, it is also very valid in my opinion to train the way the MMA folks do. They have fully resisting opponents they work on techniques that have a high percentage of success. Yes there are rules to the way the fights play out but these are primarily for safety sake. If you want take another example lets take boxing. Boxing has very specific rules, and train one on one. Generally speaking I do not like to fight with boxers because 1 they are in better shape then I am. 2 they can take a hit 3 they can deliver a hit. Boxing is still a very effective martial art for “the street.” If you don’t believe this I encourage you to go to boxing gym and get in the ring with someone of your weight class, or invite them to your gym and see how you measure up.

Fact of the matter is that when it all comes down to it no fight is like any other and saying a tournament is just a tournament is some what misleading. Most of us will not get into a hand to hand fight in our adult lives (depending on where you live). So tournaments are the best source of info about our progression in the art we choose to study. You can fight people you don’t know, who have different training methods, coaches, techniques, and skill levels. These are all things that you don’t get from doing drills or ambushes with people from your own school.

These are just my thoughts on the subject but a good first post. One thing I have to say USE THE SEARCH FEATURE NEWBIE. You are going to hear it often so I figured I would be the first.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:40am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No no no read the site, solid MMA techniques in most of it, just a little too much RBSD groin fetishism. JKD is a a good concept it always will be. Remember everyone's favorite "Aliveness" stems from a JKD group.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by morne
    ‘Knowledge is not power, the ability to apply your knowledge is true power.’
    I've been saying that for over 25 years ... thanks for ripping off my observation and not giving credit ... asswipe.

JFS - "Knowledge is not power. Knowledge is potential power as knowing must be converted to doing in order for anything to occur."

I am often surprised by how much the word ‘practical’ or ‘effective’ is used to describe a certain Martial Art system. While I agree that many fighting skills are practical and effective within realm of fighting, I question how practical these skills are within modern society and against an aggressive, skilful opponent.
    And I am often times surprised that alleged "experts" or authorities on the street always couch the dreaded attacker as "skillful." Proof positive such a person is a total WANKER. Street Predators prey on the weak ... not challenge badasses to get it on ... you dipshit.

People study Martial Arts for various reasons. The most prominent being for self defence purposes.
    There is no such thing as "self-defense" as MA is a skill set without volition. How a person choses to employ or not employ their martial skill set might, in context, constitute "self-defense."

No Rules-Anything goes–Are you ready? is a guideline we use in all our gyms. The Martial Arts circuit has been taken by storm with all the no rules tournaments such as the likes of the Ultimate fighting challenges (UFC’s). These tournaments are great to see which techniques are effective when full resistance is applied but it is still just a tournament. These tournaments will most probably be the closest thing to a street fight ...
    WTF ... are you brain dead or just a whore pimping some bullshit you do instead of having a real job?

I've NEVER seen anyone sit in some guy's guard for long periods of time in the street. No Rules? Jesus ... you are fucking brain dead, and a LIAR.

but people must not misjudge it with an all out street fight. Let’s compare the two, Street fight vs. Tournament:
    Read the above and then revisit your characterization of that lousy **** known as the UFC. Dude, typical of all LIARS, you get trapped in your own LIES.

My aim and that of all the members of Jeet Kune Do Unlimited is to continue the work that Bruce Lee started and continue investigating the Martial Arts realm for those techniques, training methods and strategies that work in the environment of a street attack.
    Get it right fukwit, Jun Fan did nothing beyond get in a lot of fights ... and won none of them. Lam Wing Fay dropped him in less than a handful of moves and Lee's "history" in NYC Chinatown is clear: A nice guy who always had time for peeps even when famous ... always trying to scrounge something from accepted TCMA Sifu ... and someone who fought a lot ... just never won.

Go **** your MOMMY shitrat.

Sifu JF Springer, BambooTempleUSA@aol.com

:new_astha Bring It On :new_astha

Old School DM

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKD High Performance Street Fighting
    If Bruce were really dead, instead of running a Krispy Kreme in El Paso, he'd roll over in his grave.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 11:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    If Bruce were really dead, instead of running a Krispy Kreme in El Paso, he'd roll over in his grave.
    How many years after his untimely passing and whores are still pimping off of his name?

These overly codified, cliche spouting, cocksuckers are fucking clueless and belong in the same bracket as Magical Mystery Meat Form Fairies with the addition of hard contact sparring. Hard contact sparring in of itself is nothing more than SOP.

ANY alleged MA approach that lacks heavy contact sparring is little more than an exercise in mutally cooperative delusion.

All kinds of peeps spar hard and still can't fight for ****. It's part of the process and not the "alpha - omega" of MA.

Heavy contact sparring without developing and honing attending skills results in a person being nothing more than a bi-pedal punching bag.

Kind of like fighting but never winning ... why bother?

I laugh my ass off at the idiots who actually think "aliveness" is something unique and/or new. They are like fukwits who attend a funeral and then witness a birth thinking they "discovered" life.

At a time when many of these self-aggrandizing cretins were rug ratting about with their diapers full of **** we were doing it for real ... with integrity ... with honesty. We just called it "practice."
    Last edited by JFS USA; 12/05/2005 12:02pm at .

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do re@l lyfe!?!?!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Remember everyone's favorite "Aliveness" stems from a JKD group.
    The word does. The concept, however, stems from Judo.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast