Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 7:10pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *delurks*
    I have to agree, Lotion having students is rather scary.
    *lurks*

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 10:19pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I missing something? What's so special about Lotion that he commands everyone's attention?

Posted On:
    12/04/2005 3:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW Kage, where did you get that "intention" post from? Kutaki?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/04/2005 10:44am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    BTW Kage, where did you get that "intention" post from? Kutaki?
    MAP
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...ad.php?t=43862

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2005 4:53pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have issues with some of Dale Seago's comments, but they often sound far worse then he means, especially when you take them out of context (suprise suprise). Regarding the quote from Self Defense Forums for example, you left out the fact that he's responding to comments about chi/ki and stated in the same post:

The fact that the people I've done these things to are in agreement with each other and with me about what it feels like doesn't make it so. Especially when -- drawing out and applying old Sir William of Ockham's renowned depilatory device -- all that's needed to explain these effects are timing, physics, and psychology.
    Some of his commentary about sparring can sound silly, but when he actually converses on the subject it seems those comments are directed at very specific conditions; it sounds like his main concern is ego and unhealthy competition. From the little I know of Dale (went to one of his classes and hung out with a couple students), when he gets past making snide comments he is a very resonable guy with great taijutsu and respectable line of work, and good students who have exercised their training professionally.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 4:08am

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dale can make some great comments that he leaves up to people to take however they want. What some of you who talk about the importance of aliveness and realistic training don't realize is he is dealing with more "aliveness" in his job than most of you will ever have to deal with. He works as an Executive Protection lead. He has dealt with REAL firearm and knife issues in his work.

When you take any comments out of context, you can make them sound pretty hokey. The quote about no-touch throws and the like was to point out that Chi/Ki isn't an issue. It is something much more concrete and boring. The gun quote, well, he has a lot more real experience than probably 75% of this board.

Now, the first quote was great. :) Kagekaze, great find. Some newbies are a little to far into the mystical reasons crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 8:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Ok, you just scared her, and she flinched. She needs more training and to get hit more often. Fucking intention, are you shitting me.

!

Hi folks nice forum you have here, where do I go for the flak jacket and Kevlar helmets??? :-)

If you look at Peacful's Post he has stuck a few smilies in there and going on his previous posting I'd take the one you've quoted as a bit of a joke!

As with Dale's posts I think it's been taken out of context!

I will say though KageKaze you do seem to have a problem with Dale???

Going on you previous posts I'd say you've used PeacefulTigers comments as a excuse to post Dale's???

You've handled yourself well over on MAP and I'll admit have had to put up with some grief but I can't help thinking you may have some grudge against Dale as you never seem to miss an opportunity to have a dig at him??

Got nothing against you personally in fact I think you’ve posted some good stuff, other than your commetns about Dale, but I can't help wondering.......
    Last edited by spooky; 12/05/2005 8:31am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:00am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Ok, you just scared her, and she flinched. She needs more training and to get hit more often. Fucking intention, are you shitting me.
    I was joking about the intention being present, I'm fully aware she flinched and that's why she fell over hence why I put a smiley face in my comment. It just surprised me as it's the first time anyone has ever done that with me before.

If you're going to quote me from a MAP forum and respond to my comments then at least have the courtesy to do it on MAP where I am a regular and can read your comments and respond accordingly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not reading threads/posts properly before responding seems to be a bit of a habit KageKaze has and again it's one of Dale's :

http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/sh...991#post134991
    Last edited by spooky; 12/05/2005 10:33am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/05/2005 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqatil
    Dale can make some great comments that he leaves up to people to take however they want. What some of you who talk about the importance of aliveness and realistic training don't realize is he is dealing with more "aliveness" in his job than most of you will ever have to deal with. He works as an Executive Protection lead. He has dealt with REAL firearm and knife issues in his work.

When you take any comments out of context, you can make them sound pretty hokey. The quote about no-touch throws and the like was to point out that Chi/Ki isn't an issue. It is something much more concrete and boring. The gun quote, well, he has a lot more real experience than probably 75% of this board.

Now, the first quote was great. :) Kagekaze, great find. Some newbies are a little to far into the mystical reasons crap.
    First off where ins Afgahn are you? Hoping not to go back there but I've already been tasked to go to Iraq. :qright7:

Second I done probably as much as Dale or even more but I strongly disagree with his ideas on training. I conversed on EBudo.com with him and some of his thoughts just don't make sense if you are dealing with a combat oriented profession. Its also historically inaccurate for real combat arts NOT to sparr. Africans, Greeks, Romans, Germans, even the Japanese all did it so what is the deal. I've traine for personnel protection and outside of the an additional military duty to gaurd a VIP (for me I was the commo guy assigned to the group) I never done a civilian job. However I've dealt with alot of pple who have and their views differ form Dale's as well, but to each it own.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast