**** you math class

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones *series spoilers*

I just bought this game yesterday and it rules. Here's what you need to know:

Gameplay:

Awesome. The platforming and fighting have been expanded, and new stealth kills have been added (These are totally optional and the game never forces you to be stealthy, which is a huge improvement over most real stealth games). The Prince will change into the Dark Prince several times during the game. The Dark Prince cannot pick up weapons, but his daggertail (an uberwhip) is one of the best weapons anyway. He can use it to rip through enemies with ease, as well as attach it to poles and walls to help him reach areas, Indiana Jones style.

The traps are worth noting. A few new ones have been added, these traps look just as awesome as the Prince does as he defeats them.

Graphics:

Almost completely awesome. For whatever reason, the beginning of the game looks pretty ugly. I'm not sure why, but the rest of the game is gorgeous so it doesn't really matter.

Music/Atmosphere:

It's similar to Sands of Time while being unique. A huge improvement over the Warrior Within emofest.

You should totally read this if you haven't played the game at all:

Farah returns, the Vizier returns, the Prince's father dies, Kaileena dies, the Dark Prince splits from the Prince and they fight at the end.
    Last edited by MEGA JESUS-SAMA; 12/01/2005 6:42pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 6:43pm

Style: Just Muay Thai for now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the spoiler man. It does sound great, I'll be sure to pick it up later.
    Last edited by blargle; 12/01/2005 6:48pm at .

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 6:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler setup: Do you get to choose which Prince to fight as at the end?

**** you math class

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 6:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blargle
    Thanks for the spoiler man. But otherwise, sounds great, I'll be sure to pick it up later.
    Anyone who reads "You should totally read this if you haven't played the game before:" and doesn't expect spoilers is a dumbass.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 6:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayDeePee
    Spoiler setup: Do you get to choose which Prince to fight as at the end?
    Barring any secrets, no.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 6:50pm

Style: Just Muay Thai for now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's why I edited it. Sorry man.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 8:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People have begun to complain that this game is too hard for them because they suck at the chariot chase sequences and because the Dark Prince's health will decline until he dies.

Pisses me off to no end. They're the reason games like Contra aren't made anymore.

What we need is a game so cool that everyone has to play it, but you have no continues and when you die it erases your save file. Or your entire memory card. **** that would rule.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 8:46am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are a ****. I hate you. Bastard.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

**** you math class

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 9:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the Prince and Kaileena sail into the port of Babylon, they're attacked by the invading Indians and their ship is destroyed. The Prince and Kaileena wash up on shore, and Kaileena is taken prisoner. After finding a dagger and following Kaileena's captors, he catches up with the Vizier, who is about the murder Kaileena. The Vizier went to the Island of Time with the Maharaja, where they were supposed to find the Sands of Time (which no longer exist, because they won't be released until Kaileena dies). Instead, they only find the dagger, the staff, the hourglass, and books, through which the Vizier learns that the dagger, when filled with sands and plunged into the person wielding it, can make that person immortal. He kills the Maharaja, takes over India, and moves on Persia, saying the dagger has told him where to go. As the Prince charges the Vizier, he's stopped by one of the Vizier's henchmen, who attacks him with a chain-blade that will become the Dark Prince's daggertail. It's embedded in his arm!

The Vizier kills Kaileena, unleashing the Sands of Time, which proceed to infect the Vizier's four henchmen and the Prince's left arm, before stabbing himself with the dagger to become immortal. He throws the dagger into an open chasm, and the prince dives in to fetch it.

After escaping from the collapsing palace, the Prince will fall into the sewers where the Dark Prince will make his first appearance, as a voice in his head. Later, the Prince will succumb to the Sands for the first time, and transform into the Dark Prince physically, although the Prince himself still controls the body (By the way water reverses this transformation).

After a little more platforming and defeating one of the Vizier's henchman, whom the Sands have transformed into a giant, jawless giant, the Prince will run into Farah, whom the Dark Prince does not like; he believes Farah will distract the Prince and prevent him (the Dark Prince) from taking over the body, which she does.

I won't go into too much detail about the middle. Basically, he kills another of the Vizier's henchman and there's conflict between the Prince and the Dark Prince; sometimes the Prince will listen to the Dark Prince and slowly become more corrupted, other times the two will disagree and the Prince will become somewhat purified.

After killing a second lieutenet, Farah will witness the Prince in his corrupted state and run from him, causing the Prince to angst out for a little bit. A little later, the Prince will come across a burning building filled with the citizens of Babylon. Against the Dark Prince's judgement, he decides to save the trapped people (The game treats this as a pretty cool puzzle). The Prince is hailed as a hero, before running off to chase the final two lieutenets, in the form of a boss fight against two people.

After killing one of the two bosses, Farah will slay the other, having come back after witnessing the Prince's actions in the burning building. The two move on the Vizier's stronghold, but run into his entire army, which surrounds them. Just as the Prince is about to use his trump card and whip out his massive penis, which would destroy all creation, the citizens of Babylon arrive with pitchforks and such and charge the Vizier's army. This is supposed to tug at your heartstrings, show where the Prince's actions have taken him, and reaffirm your belief in Communism, or something like that. In any case, it allows the Prince and Farah to storm the castle.

Some platofmring and a few puzzles later, Farah will be captured by the Vizier and the Prince knocked into a well empited by the Vizier. His plan was for the Prince to remain in his corrupted state long enough to lose complete control. platofmring blahblah. The Prince, still in Dark Prince form, will come upon the body of his dead father. Instead of rewinding time or coming up with a plan to undo everything before it could even happen, he accepts what has happened and the consequences of his actions, and wills the Dark Prince out of his body.

The Prince will then climb the tower of Babylon and face the Vizier. They fight, the Prince wins and saves Farah.

In Warrior Within, people who saw the second, true ending, will know that at the end of it, a crown will fall to the ground and be picked up by a cloaked character resmeblind the Prince, who will say "All that is yours is rightfully mine". That was foreshadowing to this event; a crown falls to the Prince's feet, and the Dark Prince says the same thing before they fight. They fight, the Prince wins.

Now the king of Persia, and also the world because his chest is so hairy, Farah asks the Prince how he knew her name. The Prince tells the story from Sands of Time, with the opening lines quoted verbatim. "Some say time is like a river etc."

You have read a summary of the storyline and events that happen in The Two Thrones. You cannot unread. This is a spoiler warning.