Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:43pm

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I would say most men, even the pansiest of men have potential to become fighters. Now women on the other hand, just aren't made to fight.
    There are more men like this:

Than the other type.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:46pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I said, we've covered all of this in a previous discussion located here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...+combat+sports
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 12/08/2005 12:48pm at .

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I have absolutely dominated a signifigant number of guys in both muay thai sparring and in grappling. Often times the aforementioned guys are larger and stronger then myself.

It's simply a matter of skill and the fact that most men simply are not fighters in the least, every man thinks they are but that does not make it so.

And women have and do compete with men, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, just like men compete with men and sometimes win and sometimes lose.

PS: While the top women may never compete with the top men there are a lot of lower tier men that the top women can beat.

The top tier is pretty much entirely irrellevant as it represents a very small part of every combat sport (and in fact, every sport, period) that almost no one in any given sport will ever make it to. Yeh, maybe no woman will ever beat up Wanderlei Silva, but how many guys can? Not that fuckin many.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 12/08/2005 12:58pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 12:58pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carbon

you need to go out asap and spar some feisty women.

trust me on this.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    And women have and do compete with men, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, just like men compete with men and sometimes win and sometimes lose.
    [STUPID]Wrong, women can't fight because they do not have a penis. It gives you a lower center of gravity.[/STUPID]

Now in all seriousness, Anna, what if both fighter's skill are equal.Maile vs. Female).

Have you seen a situation like that? If so what was the outcome. Also, I have been worked over by a more skilled female sparring partner.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Lol that was a funny clip, and I know the arguement could be said that there are men who probably couldn't handle themselves ever if it came to it.

What are the percentages though? The amount of women vs. men who wouldn't beable to fight?

I would say most men, even the pansiest of men have potential to become fighters. Now women on the other hand, just aren't made to fight.

Yes, you can disprove this by putting tons of examples of women fighters, but why is it that women NEVER compete with men?

Why do teenage boys not compete with men? It's because men are just always going to be genetically superior in the aspect of physical combat and other such said sports than women.

Which is why if you have ever watched any sports news channels they say that there is no way in hell that any top female compteitors would beat men. They even brought up Tennis as an example. That the top female tennis players wouldn't stand a chance with any of the top men.

Now why would they say that about a sport such as Tennis? Where you would think physical size and strength doesn't play as important of a role?

Anyways, now that I am done rambling. Women are good at a lot of things, but fighting to me should be left to the men.

Kill yourself.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 1:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanukah Harry
    [STUPID]Wrong, women can't fight because they do not have a penis. It gives you a lower center of gravity.[/STUPID]

Now in all seriousness, Anna, what if both fighter's skill are equal.Maile vs. Female).

Have you seen a situation like that? If so what was the outcome. Also, I have been worked over by a more skilled female sparring partner.

we had a good, long 30+ page thread about all this. I listed several instances where female fighters defeated male fighters. But why is this even coming up? Some idiot is saying women shouldn't do martial arts, period, which is just retarded. Wether women should fight men is debatable, but saying women shouldn't even fight eachother is just idiocy.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 1:12pm

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a 10 year trainer and certified stregenth coach, I can just quickly add that women at the lower weights can be just as strong as men. The differences are negligleble.

A well trained woman like AT at 5'10" and 160 will have a similar structure to a man of that height and weight. The only real differences in stregenth come wehn males train for stregenth and size only.

It is more of an issue with guys like me (6'2" 240) being just that much bigger, where it would be unusual to find a woman opponenent.

If you want to get technical, men and women have different designs in hip and shoulder girdle structure. Thats why untrained women often have stronger legs than untrained men. Both can be adapted to be significantly stronger.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 1:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lucia Rijker fought a male apponent and lost, however, her apponent was Somchai Jaidee, a world champion thai fighter and not just some schmuck. She was KO'd in the second round.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/08/2005 1:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Then other factors come into play, such as raw physical ability, but also just who is on top of their game that day. On a good day for me I have beaten people who are quite a bit better then I am, and on a bad day I've lost to people who are quite a bit worse then I am.

On the physical side of things I dont really think of male/female being the factor as much as size or strength which can absolutely be on the side of the female.

There is certainly no shortage of guys smaller and weaker then I am. Some of them are better then I am and beat me up, some of them are probably about my level skill wise but can't quite keep up with me due to my athletic advantages and some of them are worse then me, and well, generally I am nice to them but sometimes i'm in the mood for utter domination ;)

Human beings do not come out of a mold where every woman is smaller and weaker then every man, or even most men.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast