Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:04pm

Style: Kajukenpo Ch'uan Fa / SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    meh ... the way we do it is regardless of rank

I just expect the BBs to perform everything "harder" ... I don't know ..

I just perfer everything to be harder,

only do point sparring with the children and when we enter a 'point sparring' tourney.

But I understand, not everyone likes the heavy contact. It's cool

Eric

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:06pm

Style: Kajukenpo Ch'uan Fa / SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Always expect injury at some point ... then suck it up and move on.

When you're being a puss and are scared to get hurt ... that's when it usually happens ...

then "whaaaaaaaaaaaa" ... fack ...

Eric

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    So is doing this:

Nobody's said you claimed that. However, for many people, that claim is implicit. Light contact sparring presented as legitimate display of martial skill or competition hurts the legitimacy of the arts that engage in it. This is particularly true for those arts in which the level of contact in competition stops there and progresses no further into the realm of what would be considered a legitimate means of demonstrating/testing your skills against an opponent.

As far as the broken noses, black eyes bit, too fucking bad. You don't see people taking up competitive eating running around bitching about indigestion. Anyone who takes up Martial Arts and is unwilling to risk injury needs to take up another fucking hobby instead of trying to bring the activity down to the level of their bleeding vagina.

Period.

You'd think an activity that involves LEARNING TECHNIQUES FOR HURTING PEOPLE wouldn't be overrun with so goddamn many people trying to find ways to avoid doing it. It's like running into a bunch of auto mechanics who don't want to get grease on their clothing: fucking asinine.
    I just spent the last three months dealing with a bulging disk caused by a rear naked choke attempt. I have had the legiments in my knee torn on a leg lock counter and broken my finger in sparring. I accept and agree the risk of injury is a necesity in training. However I don't want to get injured competing for a $25 plastic trophy. That's just dumb

Also knocking people who are not as hard core as you is silly. As tough as you are there are people out there tougher than you who would probably consider your training soft. So what.

Jiu Jitsu's great because there are many levels of competition. this is just one of them.

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:21pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not the point. You made this statement:

Light sparring is also for people who want to have the fun of competing with out having to risk showing up to work the next day with a broken nose, a black eye or other injuries.
    And I'm saying the people who fit that description need to get out of the Martial Arts and stop shitting it up for the rest of us who aren't big, bleeding vaginas.

Jiu Jitsu's great because there are many levels of competition. this is just one of them.
    You're right. It's the appropriate level of competition for big, bleeding vaginas.

It doesn't matter how tough I am relative to Ernesto Hoost, Andrei Arlovski, or Vanderlei Silva. It matters that I'm testing myself using their measuring stick, and not the pink one reserved for big, bleeding vaginas.

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frost
    That's not the point. You made this statement:

And I'm saying the people who fit that description need to get out of the Martial Arts and stop shitting it up for the rest of us who aren't big, bleeding vaginas.
    Exactly how is it shittnig it up for you?

You're right. It's the appropriate level of competition for big, bleeding vaginas.
    It doesn't matter how tough I am relative to Ernesto Hoost, Andrei Arlovski, or Vanderlei Silva. It matters that I'm testing myself using their measuring stick, and not the pink one reserved for big, bleeding vaginas. [/QUOTE]

So anyone who competes in anything less than UFC OR Pride style fights is a "Big Bleeding Vagina" and should give up Martial Arts?

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:45pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Exactly how is it shittnig it up for you?
    By lowering the standards of what it means to be a Martial Artist.

So anyone who competes in anything less than UFC OR Pride style fights is a "Big Bleeding Vagina" and should give up Martial Arts?
    Anyone who limits their participation in the Martial Arts to light-contact training for fear of getting cosmetic injuries like the ones you mentioned, yes. They should take up an activity that does not center around punching or kicking people and stop basking in the light of respect earned by those who weren't afraid to get "black eyes or broken noses".

The number of people left who do respect Martial Artists for being tougher than the average person on the street continues to dwindle as a result of these Partial Artists who want that respect but refuse to do what it takes to earn it.

Or as I said, big, bleeding vaginas.

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:52pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No, anyone who strives for the lowest common denominator should give up martial arts. Martial arts isn't supposed to be a way for people to get an ego boost without striving for their best.

And how the heck did you end up getting a bulging disk from a rear naked choke attempt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 1:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By lowering the standards of what it means to be a Martial Artist.

Anyone who limits their participation in the Martial Arts to light-contact training for fear of getting cosmetic injuries like the ones you mentioned, yes. They should take up an activity that does not center around punching or kicking people and stop basking in the light of respect earned by those who weren't afraid to get "black eyes or broken noses".
    In no way was I condoning light contact "Training" All I was saying that not every competition has to be full out contact to have value. Also cosmetic injuries are one things but I have seen a couple times when an arm bar is thrown on too rough and the arm is broken or dislocated. Going that hard for a Trophy is not worth it. Plus if you have a job in sales looking like a Racoon won't help

The number of people left who do respect Martial Artists for being tougher than the average person on the street continues to dwindle as a result of these Partial Artists who want that respect but refuse to do what it takes to earn it.

Or as I said, big, bleeding vaginas.

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 2:00pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In no way was I condoning light contact "Training" All I was saying that not every competition has to be full out contact to have value. Also cosmetic injuries are one things but I have seen a couple times when an arm bar is thrown on too rough and the arm is broken or dislocated.
    Then the guy applying the armbar was being a dickhead considering that under most circumstances you can slap on an armbar at a controlled pace that's still effective and practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 2:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reis
    No, anyone who strives for the lowest common denominator should give up martial arts. Martial arts isn't supposed to be a way for people to get an ego boost without striving for their best.

And how the heck did you end up getting a bulging disk from a rear naked choke attempt?
    When the person I was grappling basically jumped on my back something went click. My fault for giving them my back in the first place.

My point was I accept injury in training I just don't want to be injured like that at a competition by someone who thinks they are on the Ultimate Fighter.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast