Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 2:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At this point, all I can really do is just let this thread drop. Perhaps you just have extremely poor communication skills, critical thinking skills, and difficulty with the English langue... I don't know. I should refrain from writing to rabid TMA practitioners... they just don't get it. I should show your posts to my savate coach... he'll laugh his @$$ off. :D

Have a good one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 2:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is all nice and dandy, but you still can't explain the exercise and the supposed benefits. In your first attempt, you gave a completely bogus answer about it being 'synergistic' with polymetric exercises. Complete and utter BS! I've heard more convincing crap from wanna-be trainers at gyms. Later, you still couldn't even extrapolate an answer from my posts when I practically GIVE IT TO YOU! Apparently, you don't seem to look for ways to achieve the same goals with better methods. How could you? You don't even know what the exercise DOES! On top of all this, you're an INSTRUCTOR???

Reply]
    The exercise builds strenght, stability, balance wile promoting muscle unity (The abiity for the muscles to work together as opposed to weight lifting which teaches the muscles to work in isolation). It also devlopes the joints in so far as strength, and range of motion (Strength being the resistance to injury as far as the joints are concerned) It also has the abity to develop concentration, drive, and mental toughness. It does these things in a rapid and profound way.

NOW, I said all of this before, in a variety of ways, and you are STILL to dense to "Get it" and accuse me of not being able to describe the exercise to you. Again, you are creating your own fantasy land, and attempting to bring forth arguments based on your delusional vision as opposed to reality.

I said:
    "What I say is NOT based on some sort of blind following of the traditioans of an over weight undertested "Master". It comes from the real world where a man's fighting ability stood the line between his life, the life of his fellow officers and those of innocent civilians I'm sure."

Your half baked repy:
    "This is what your statements sound like to me: "I'm NOT blind, I just choose to follow blindly."

Reply] Really, you mus not read very well do you. I have repetedly told you the "I" have personally tested and researchd the method both in my own training, and that of students I have taught over the years (don't forget this very method is credited for getting my daughter from the top 10 into the top 3 (As in GOLD medals, Thats plural, not singular)and a conferance Championship in gymnastics). And this sounds like "I'm NOT blind, I just choose to follow blindly." to you?? Let me guess, anything YOU test in real life would count as being objectve, but anything "I" test won't???

Sounds to me like you are grasping at any straw you can find to not loose this argument, even if it means twisting things around as much as you can. You really should run for an office, you'd make a good politition.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you have?? I'll tell you, you have training under some hack who "Faked" his methods so bad that you were actually reading books wile "pretending" to do the exercise. You are in no position to judge, argue or defend your position that this perticular method sucks, becaue YOU have no experiance not only in the method, but in the application of the strength it developes during live violent encounters. Where as "I" do, and so do my teachers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>You know, a lot of TMA instructors, both McDojo and non-McDojo, feel the same way. It's always the other guy that is doing it wrong. I've done the exercises two ways: 1) as McDojos do it... which sounds similar to your way, 2) as my interpretation suggests (dynamic tension). Either way, there are still better ways to accomplish the same goals. So, why do most people hold on to those exercises? Tradition. End of story.

Reply]
    That is a relative thing. I don't see how NOT doing stance work is going to give you strong stances. Maybe doing squats will build some muscle and help out with that goal, but Stance trainig will build as much strength as Squats just as fast. Poymetrics may develop more rapidly, but there is risk if you do those exercises in excess, and you thearefor limit the results due to safety reasons. Stance training can and does give the development of both exercises without the risk of injury or over training as with heavy Squats and polymetrics. It IS the superior way to do this. You can have your own opinion of course, but you would be wrong.

quote:

You might as well be trying to prove your point by saying you can play the violin and know a concert pianists.

ROFL! Keep on... I'll try not to wake the neighbors with my laughter

Reply]
    You do that, Nighty night!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 3:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me guess, your "Savate" coach is another one with no experiance in authentic Chinese martial arts, right? Or is he the Wing Chun guy?

Go ahead and laugh, you still have no experiance in the method, and are not qualified to talk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 3:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, aren't Savate guys those French foot fighters?? I don't know much about that art, or georaphy for that matter, where in China is France located???
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 7:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2002 10:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The French fight with their feet and **** with their faces. Also, in France, HAMBURGERS eat PEOPLE.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    8/26/2002 1:29am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are there trees in france?

So the Germans can march in the shade.

Why did they have to shut down Euro Disney?

Every time fireworks went off, the French surrendered.

Would you like to buy a vintage WWII French rifle? It's never been used and only dropped once. How about a tank? It has six gears; one forward, five for reverse.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2002 7:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL!!!!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011