solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    We might be looking at this the wrong way....

No one, not Saulo/Xandre Ribeiro, Marcello Garcia, or even the famed Rickson Gracie charges that much for private lessons.

Perhaps Lloyd doesnt like giving private lessons, but rather than tell the people outright who ask him for that, he puts up outrageous prices- then he could also promote people in his own school

"You cant afford a private with me? Do one with Dalla or Fowler"
    this sounds likely to me. and hey, if someone's really willing to pay that, more power to him. maybe he's trying to get the next BJ penn as a student.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:37pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So why is then "I don't want to do privates + leglocks" $50 more that just simple "I don't want to do privates"?

But you're right, it could be a marketing ploy to feed the customers to his affiliates.
    It is not very...how should I say..."nice", though:))

Tomas

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    We might be looking at this the wrong way....

No one, not Saulo/Xandre Ribeiro, Marcello Garcia, or even the famed Rickson Gracie charges that much for private lessons.

Perhaps Lloyd doesnt like giving private lessons, but rather than tell the people outright who ask him for that, he puts up outrageous prices- then he could also promote people in his own school

"You cant afford a private with me? Do one with Dalla or Fowler"
    Current stage of death: denial

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:53pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ha Osiris! I too have been in a few of those MMoses uber hot practices. I don't know why he puts the heat that high, I can't even breathe. He is a great teacher and an cool guy. You know who, I am really impressed with in that academy? Mike's wife, she is a great teacher especially with standup, she really improved my game and probably doesn't even know it. A cool school all the way around. Isn't Mike like almost 40? I hope I can get in that kind of shape.

Back to the topic, Lloyd does try to give a lot of his buisness out to his affiliates. Especially Dalla (who taaught him).
    I think lloyd charges so much because he has accomplished certain things (like getting a BB in 3.5 years) - you are paying for more than the moves but he will also teach you how to train for the future, how to absorb more, so on etc.
    When Mike Fowler went there, I know he really tried to get others to get a private from him.

Posted On:

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    So why is then "I don't want to do privates + leglocks" $50 more that just simple "I don't want to do privates"?

But you're right, it could be a marketing ploy to feed the customers to his affiliates.
    It is not very...how should I say..."nice", though:))

Tomas
    No no no no no guys you've got it all wrong. I went over the webpage with a microscope. If you use x50 magnification, you find small text after the regular stuff. So really, it reads $750 for a private lesson AND a Jetski.

So that's probably why.

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why he charges a bit more for leg locks, I mean leg locks are his thing. It's in the marketing

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotion
    I think lloyd charges so much because he has accomplished certain things (like getting a BB in 3.5 years) - you are paying for more than the moves but he will also teach you how to train for the future, how to absorb more, so on etc.
    When Mike Fowler went there, I know he really tried to get others to get a private from him.
    Riiight. That makes it okay. Look dude, it is not worth the money. There is no way an hour of his time will make that much difference in your game in a way that an hour of Garcia's, Rickson's, or really any good black belt can't help. ESPECIALLY at the lower levels. This is what he thinks he is worth, apparently.

I can easily accept that he hates giving privates, but why does he charge differential rates? Doesn't make sense. If he really hates privates that much, why doesn't he just refuse to teach them except to students that have proven to have a good work ethic and have been around the block a few times?

He is most certainly allowed to set his own prices, but I, as a consumer, am allowed to balk. No thanks.

I guess the question is, is this blatant McDojoism?

Posted On:

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beneath Contempt
    The only person I would pay USD 750/hour for a private would be Ashley Judd.

And that would include full sex, during which I can lick her eyes, and then watch her take a piss in field of newly fallen snow.

If I'd have know you were such a romantic, I would have sent you flowers.

Posted On:

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    No no no no no guys you've got it all wrong. I went over the webpage with a microscope. If you use x50 magnification, you find small text after the regular stuff. So really, it reads $750 for a private lesson AND a Jetski.

So that's probably why.
    Yeah, I first thought they speak of the great Russian wrestler Leon Jetski, but then I clicked on the word "Jetski" and I got to the DEFINITION OF TERMS page where it says: "and by the term "Jetski" we understand a picture of Lloyd Irvin in Brazil, ON a Jetski"

Crazy legal ****...

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 4:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    Yeah, I first thought they speak of the great Russian wrestler Leon Jetski, but then I clicked on the word "Jetski" and I got to the DEFINITION OF TERMS page where it says: "and by the term "Jetski" we understand a picture of Lloyd Irvin in Brazil, ON a Jetski"

Crazy legal ****...

Tomas
    So it's an autographed picture of Lloyd on a Jetski? Well ****, that's even better then.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 5:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or you could just pay $200 for an hour with Royce. Hmmm Royce or this guy. I wonder whose better.

http://www.roycegracie.tv/programs.htm
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast