Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 1:53pm

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotion
    my suggestion is to join Lloyd school. It is a bit pricey (not too much) - but the instruction is great. If you just want to do it a few times a month for fun and a bit of self-defense, if you do it maybe once or twice a week (like most people) - you will get a great workout. If you are committed, Lloyd and the other instructors will go out of their way to help you out. It is all well worth it.
    It's still like $25 a class right? Thats a minimum of $75 a week (if you are really Bjj focused) or $3,900 a year. Ouch.

Last Bjj school I went to in NC was a Gracie affiliate and it was $30 a month.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 1:55pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotion
    my suggestion is to join Lloyd school. It is a bit pricey (not too much) - but the instruction is great. If you just want to do it a few times a month for fun and a bit of self-defense, if you do it maybe once or twice a week (like most people) - you will get a great workout. If you are committed, Lloyd and the other instructors will go out of their way to help you out. It is all well worth it.
    I don't doubt he's a great instructor, I have worked with people that trained with him, ALL were very good. I was actually looking whether they have a mat fee for one time visitors, that's how I came across the info.
    I was just wondering if anybody actually pays that much.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:03pm

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:08pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm....Darn, I don't know if he started charging more for regular classes. I thought it was like 160 a month for general instruction (most classes are small and Lloyd teaches them). It might be more at his school though??
    When I went to Lloyd's we had many people come in visit from other schools, in fact Lloyd would welcome them even if he knew they were going to be in town for a couple of days. But this was a long time ago and I am not so sure about now. Lloyd does havea pretty big staff so he might need the $$$ to pay them. I don't know if he charges. I would not doubt it though.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn, that's almost half as pricey as a lesson from Bruce Lee
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe thats for Hollywood types?

Maybe that's where guys like Joe Rogan and Edward Norton get their skills? I dunno...there needs to be a smiley icon with a word bubble coming out of the ass.

:5butthead :5yeah:
    Last edited by Neildo; 11/30/2005 2:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I pay $160 and I am not currently under Lloyd. I think I pay that much because I am in the BLACK BELT CLUB. I know, it's bullshido but our BBC only lets in the cream of the crop (mostly it is just those that compete). I pay this much and I am unemployed, so if I can suck it up for the love of the sport, you can too! Especially with my new 'Lotion Belt Club' - I am running a special promotion this month for the holidays. $300 for a Lotion seminar. Up your game with Lotion, I will even include a Lotion bar that you can take home with you. You can put this Lotion on the skin, in the basket or add it to your JJ game. PM me for details - thanks
  8. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For $300 dollars, I better get more than the lotion treatment...and you better look like this

If I just desired the lotion treatment, I would apply it myself...rapidly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh trust me, I look better than that.....but I am a man

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:17pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We might be looking at this the wrong way....

No one, not Saulo/Xandre Ribeiro, Marcello Garcia, or even the famed Rickson Gracie charges that much for private lessons.

Perhaps Lloyd doesnt like giving private lessons, but rather than tell the people outright who ask him for that, he puts up outrageous prices- then he could also promote people in his own school

"You cant afford a private with me? Do one with Dalla or Fowler"
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast