Posted On:
    11/30/2005 12:01pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

privates with Lloyd Irvin

http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/bjj/lessons.htm

Do we have Lloyd Irvin people here?
    Does anybody actually pay that much for privates?

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 12:06pm

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those prices are insane. If anyone pays $750-$1000 an hour for instruction it better include the instructor hanging with you and kicking someones ass for you if you got into a fight.

Seriusly though, He has great credentails, I just don't see many people in this sport being able to afford that. Even top level guys looking to fine tune their skils.
    Last edited by PEtrainer; 11/30/2005 12:12pm at .

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 12:11pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that is insane

anything over 150 is waaaay too much

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 12:27pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/bjj/lessons.htm

Do we have Lloyd Irvin people here?
    Does anybody actually pay that much for privates?

Tomas
    That is out and out ridiculous. I already think most seminars and privates are pretty ridiculous in cost compared to the roll time you get in class that you've already paid for, and this is at least 3-4x what those usually cost. Frankly I think most people at the lower level pay out the ass for privates because they want the secret thrill of training under a famous person, but that could just be my inexperience speaking.

WHAT. THE. ****.

I'm not saying Lloyd Irvin can't grapple, but I don't think he's worth that much. Hell, I don't think anyone is worth that much. I remember reading an article on the Bunny Ranch or something like that (legal brothel in Nevada), and supposedly the rates are like $1000 an hour.

I don't know why that figure seems relevant, but there it is anyway . . .

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 12:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only person I would pay USD 750/hour for a private would be Ashley Judd.

And that would include full sex, during which I can lick her eyes, and then watch her take a piss in field of newly fallen snow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 12:32pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crap that is crazy. i would never pay that much for a private lesson.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 12:33pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And just for reference, one hour of Lloyd Irvin's time is apparently worth more than an entire year of training for me. SWEET!

An entire year of training at my school = $660 (American)

I realize these privates are not aimed at me, but that's just silly. On the other hand, I feel no sympathy for anyone crazy enough to pay those rates.
  8. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 1:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm simply speechless. I training in THREE arts for ONE FULL year...and it is cheaper than one hour with Mr. Irvin. Wow, Simply, Wow!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 1:42pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow - I go to a Lloyd Irvin affiliate and I train under Lloyd from time to time. He is an amazing instructor. He also helps the mental game a lot. He made me into an athlete and for that I am forever grateful. On top of that, he is just a good guy.

That being said, about half a year ago, I noticed that some of his privates (I think it was street ap stuff) - went for $400 an hour and everyone was like 'this is way too much'. SOme of his other lessons were cheaper (leg locking, comp BJJ).
    These prices are CRAZY though. I think I know why he does it. He is very buisness oriented. He has his dough invested in a number of things (not only BJJ). He is a self made man and I knew him when he did not have such financial resources. He works hard and deserves every penny he gets. I think this is his way of saying 'I don't really have time to teach private lessons but if you REALLY want one, it will cost you". No normal person has the dough to pay anyway. These lessons are for people that have more than enough money to play with.
    I remember a few years ago when his privates were 100 - those were the days.

He makes his money though - he bought Mike Fowler an Acura Integra when he got his Black Belt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 1:46pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my suggestion is to join Lloyd school. It is a bit pricey (not too much) - but the instruction is great. If you just want to do it a few times a month for fun and a bit of self-defense, if you do it maybe once or twice a week (like most people) - you will get a great workout. If you are committed, Lloyd and the other instructors will go out of their way to help you out. It is all well worth it.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast