230822 Bullies, 4002 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Are you training right now?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Lots of class, strict diet and gym time!

39 20.00%
  • Yes! Class a few times a week, semi-diet, occasional gym.

109 55.90%
  • Yes. I attend class twice a week. No diet. No gym.

29 14.87%
  • No, I'm not in training right now. Age, retired, or training others.

1 0.51%
  • No, I'm not training for medical, financial, etc. reasons.

14 7.18%
  • No, I'm not training at all or plan to for at least 6 months.

3 1.54%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    For fitness, riding a bike, running or power walking, along with swimming 3 xs a week for about 20 minutes each is far superior.

For love ... singles bars about 2 hours before closing time works well.

Righteous post, Dude.

but doing martial arts is funner. Not everyone does things based on peak efficiency.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageJudokaSS
    I compete in Judo and BJJ, and am training for a fight in Feb-Apr timeframe, but I already landed funny on my knee off a takedown the other night, and the swelling won't go down, so that might **** that up.
    Go online and order some DMSO from a Vet Supply Shop. You want the 99.9% pure in a 70% concentration Gel ... the liquid is messy as Hell.

Before you go to sleep at night:

Wash the swollen area good with some anti-bacterial soap, rise the area well, and then dry it. Make sure the swollen area and your hands are clean.

Rub the Gel over the entire swollen area and an inch or so beyond. Wrap the knee in a single layer of plastic kitchen wrap ... put a pillow under your lower leg with a towel for a cover in case the Gel leaks out. Go to sleep. If your breath smells like rotten oysters ... don't sweat it. The odor will go away when you get off the DMSO ... takes about 1 day to clear out of your system.

You do the above for 3 - 5 nights and your knee will heal up unless you have done ligament or cartilage damage. Reads like you have a blunt force trauma and DMSO will fix that **** quick.

DMSO has been in the "magic black bag" of professional sports trainers for years.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I answered the second-to-last option. My knees are still busted, so I'm limited to lifting upper-body and doing some light cardio on a bike or something, occasionally some bag work (althought that probably doesn't help my knees much...)

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    but doing martial arts is funner. Not everyone does things based on peak efficiency.
    I agree Kidspatula ... MA is more "fun" ... "funner"? Reads like that shitrat Lance Armstrong. :spanky:

Still, if a person wants to enjoy "doing" more MA ... and they want to quickly develop a generalized baseline that will enable them to do this ... then peak out and let the MA itself be responsible for maintaining the needed fitness level.

Or, in the alternative, do whatever the **** you want ... doesn't matter to me. :wtfgif9fr

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Yeh, the throwdowns ARE just practice. However, contrary to my persona on here, I'm fairly humble in real life. Unless I'm just out for the day to be a jerk (Jacare, etc), I'm not an asshole.
    Never realized that you were that way. How do you think you qualify as an asshole ... here or otherwise? I'm an asshole ... here and otherwise ... I don't see where you really meet the standards. We'll discuss it at the Summer Muther Mega thing ... right after I kick your ass. :guitar:

That being said, I view it as highly direspectful to rattle off a list of who you've tapped.
    That's Old School ... good approach ... what happens here stays here.

Otherwise, it becomes an environment not really good for learning ... the "Oh ****, if he wins I'm going to get publicly dissed for it." Boogie Man appears and just ruins it.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I can say with authority that Os is no where near the puke punk that he used to be. In fact, he seems to be a different person all together. Lets call the govenor and get him pardoned.
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuDoesWork
    Yes, I can say with authority that Os is no where near the puke punk that he used to be. In fact, he seems to be a different person all together. Lets call the govenor and get him pardoned.
    You avatar kicks ass. I mean that with all sincerity.

Also, I think you guys are taking this all wrong. Dieting is anything from the crap that nutritionists sell you to just making sure you're not eating too many fries a week. It's watching what you eat. A diet is what you eat.

From dictionary.com:

1 Audio pronunciation of "diet" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dt)
    n.

1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
    2. A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
    3. Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.

adj.

1. Of or relating to a food regimen designed to promote weight loss in a person or an animal: the diet industry.
    1. Having fewer calories.
    2. Sweetened with a noncaloric sugar substitute.
    3. Designed to reduce or suppress the appetite: diet pills; diet drugs.

v. di·et·ed, di·et·ing, di·ets
    v. intr.

To eat and drink according to a regulated system, especially so as to lose weight or control a medical condition.
    Anyway. My schedule used to be very rigorous, I've had some.... complications lately that doesn't allow me to train as hard anymore.

Before it was:
    Monday: Gym for an hour, lifting weights, cardio running.
    Tuesday: Sparring/Class from 6-10.
    Wednesday: Same as monday.
    Thursday: Sparring/Class from 6-10.
    Friday: Same as monday.
    Saturday: Cardio, cardio, cardio for an hour.
    Sunday: Sparring/Class 5-10.

Now it's half that... maybe. On top of that, it was a lot of chicken, protein, water, etc. etc. The only reason I wasn't doing class on m/w/f is because I have to take Japanese class.

Anyhow. This is all going wrong. My whole point was to find out who actually trains. I wanted to get a feel for what the people here actually do, and if you were a bunch of keyboard ninjers or something. And as I said already, and this time I'll say it in bigger bolder letters for those of you who like to nitpick, It's okay to not be in full training all the damn time! It's alright. Don't get butt-hurt over it.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:28pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm on a restricted schedule due to my work (4 days of graveyards a week) that is timed JUST right to prevent me from getting to class as often as I'd like. But my diet is cleaner than it's been in a lonf time and my shifts should change soon so I'll be back to the grind.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not making MA class more than once a month for the next 5 months due to arrival of new child. Making effort to lose body fat (by eating less fried crap and dairy) without losing muscle (by doing bodyweight strength routine).

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 3:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    I'm on a restricted schedule due to my work (4 days of graveyards a week) that is timed JUST right to prevent me from getting to class as often as I'd like. But my diet is cleaner than it's been in a lonf time and my shifts should change soon so I'll be back to the grind.
    Quit walking the fucking streets and get a REAL job ... your problems would be solved :new_astha
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast