233651 Bullies, 3960 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Are you training right now?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Lots of class, strict diet and gym time!

39 20.00%
  • Yes! Class a few times a week, semi-diet, occasional gym.

109 55.90%
  • Yes. I attend class twice a week. No diet. No gym.

29 14.87%
  • No, I'm not in training right now. Age, retired, or training others.

1 0.51%
  • No, I'm not training for medical, financial, etc. reasons.

14 7.18%
  • No, I'm not training at all or plan to for at least 6 months.

3 1.54%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:59am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train 5 times a week. I go to class, then some form of weights/cardio on mondays/tuesdays/wedsdays/thursdays/saturdays.

But I never ever ever think about what i'm eating. If I want to eat it, I'll freakin eat it. I've got a metabolism like that.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:01am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have metabolism like that too... the only difference is, it's freakish. I have to pump myself full of carbs and protein if I want to keep myself up. I burn it faster than I can build muscle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:07am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    Some people need it, some don't. I can't keep above 140lbs without dieting. If I don't watch what I eat, I drop weight damn fast.
    Very difficult for me to put on weight. For a long time I have been eating shitloads of fatty food and sweets with zero gains, I mean nada, not a gram. Picture this. Lunch consisting of an entire chicken roast with potatoes (I mean clean out the tray), bread, beer, followed by a family size triple choc cake (as in the entire cake straight after the chicken), served with an entire bottle of whipped cream. Followed by a few apples.

^ this on a daily basis, with full breakfast and dinner meals as well. For ~3 years.

Once I ate for 12 hours straight, watching 4 movies and napping. Didn't leave the sofa except to get another serving or to change the movie in the VCR. A chicken, 1kg of pasta, two pizzas, a family size cake and 4 death by chocolate desserts went down that night.

Plus a sedate lifestyle.

Didn't put on a gram. Not one. I'm not proud of this fact!

Bottom line however is that some foods help more than others. Having a kebab for lunch and going for a run afterwards felt like my legs were made of lead.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:09am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diet is a total misnomer. I dont diet. I have changed my eating habits. It takes a long time and you have to stick with it.

I don't eat red meat much. Way too many hormones that my male body does not agree with along with my prostate not liking it either. I eat it maybe once a month.

Birds of all kinds are the rule. Chicken, quail, turkey, ostrich are the main things I eat along with fish twice a month.

Fish is dirty no matter where you get it from. It is full of heavy metals and other such crap. I take distilled fish oil to get the benefits of what is good in fish the oils that our brains and bodies need. Make sure its distilled.

I eat as much organic veggies that I can handle everyday as well as green tea. If you have a Trader Joes near you then you can get the frozen organic which beats whole foods hands down.

Eat junk once a week as a treat and thats it. Drink red wine versus anything else as the antioxidants are good for you.

Thats my eating style. Diet makes people cringe mentally and should be expunged from the way we think about eating.

Thats my rant for this rainy Wednesday morn.

Other than that I train with kettlebells and bodyweight 3 times a week with varied workouts and varied intensities. I train my bagua concepts a little everyday with standing meditations and walking linear patterns as well as circular ones with a weekend long working on concepts and applications.

I also play push hands as well as work on applying my material against different things thrown at me.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 11/30/2005 8:14am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I train 5 times a week. I go to class, then some form of weights/cardio on mondays/tuesdays/wedsdays/thursdays/saturdays.
    By class you mean MA? Is that once a week or 5/week? Do you mix up weights, cardio and MA one the same day?

I keep them on separate days, but I'm interested to see if I could/should mix them up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:11am

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleMeister
    Very difficult for me to put on weight. For a long time I have been eating shitloads of fatty food and sweets with zero gains, I mean nada, not a gram. Picture this. Lunch consisting of an entire chicken roast with potatoes (I mean clean out the tray), bread, beer, followed by a family size triple choc cake (as in the entire cake straight after the chicken), served with an entire bottle of whipped cream. Followed by a few apples.

^ this on a daily basis, with full breakfast and dinner meals as well. For ~3 years.

Once I ate for 12 hours straight, watching 4 movies and napping. Didn't leave the sofa except to get another serving or to change the movie in the VCR. A chicken, 1kg of pasta, two pizzas, a family size cake and 4 death by chocolate desserts went down that night.

Plus a sedate lifestyle.

Didn't put on a gram. Not one. I'm not proud of this fact!

Bottom line however is that some foods help more than others. Having a kebab for lunch and going for a run afterwards felt like my legs were made of lead.
    Good God man! Whether your gained a gram or not, that doesn't sound healthy! I think I just had a heart attack reading your post! :XXpuke:

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 9:01am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleMeister
    By class you mean MA? Is that once a week or 5/week? Do you mix up weights, cardio and MA one the same day?

I keep them on separate days, but I'm interested to see if I could/should mix them up.

by class I mean aikido or judo depending on the day
    monday - aikido
    tues - judo
    weds aikido
    thurs - judo
    sat - aikido

then usually in the mornings or at lunch I on those same days (and very rarely on fridays if i'm feeling up for it) I pick weights or cardio and work that. I'm not really as strict on the weights as I should be, I do a lot more cardio. I really need to get with a trainer and work out a good weight training progam for me. I know I'm being really inefficent in my weight training.

I also feel I should tell you that the judo part of my training has only reached its 3rd week. I'm really feeling the beating I've been taking, but I think its helping more then just pure work out days at the gym.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this poll is pretty gay and is rehashing rehashed topics that have been rehashed several dozen times before they were thoroughly rehashed.

Where's the option for lifting 5 days a week, watching what you eat, and punching people 3 days a week give or take a day?

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 9:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    by class I mean aikido or judo depending on the day
    monday - aikido
    tues - judo
    weds aikido
    thurs - judo
    sat - aikido

then usually in the mornings or at lunch I on those same days (and very rarely on fridays if i'm feeling up for it) I pick weights or cardio and work that. I'm not really as strict on the weights as I should be, I do a lot more cardio. I really need to get with a trainer and work out a good weight training progam for me. I know I'm being really inefficent in my weight training.

I also feel I should tell you that the judo part of my training has only reached its 3rd week. I'm really feeling the beating I've been taking, but I think its helping more then just pure work out days at the gym.
    Thx. I just suspended judo myself. I need to concetrate on MT for a few months to get to the next level up. I'll get back to is as soon as I can.

I can't even dream doing MT 5 times a week, on the same day as something else. That would just kill me outright :notworthy

I'd recommend judo for all aikidokas, but be careful of overcooking it.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I training? I know I could watch my diet better and do more to improve quicker but so what?

I eat under 2500 cal a day (@6'4" to get down to my 275lb fighting weight), mostly lean protien and (canned) veggies. I go to my boxing gym 5 times a week for 1.5 to 3 hours depending on how beat up I feel. I've been doing yoga once a week. I do weights semi-hard (heh) once a week at home, but just to keep my gains.

I have no idea where that falls on your scale, and frankly don't much care. I go hard enough to get what I want, I don't pretend I'm something I'm not, and I have no problem with my timeline or how long it will be until i reach my goals.

It's not like people that don't "train hard" aren't a valuable asset. Hell, I'd rather see a professional nutritionist that only did crappy TKD once a month join here rather than another bjj bluebelt. And a bjj blue belt that posts often and well is more valuable than a bjj black belt that only posts "I agree." It's not my cup of tea, but I also like seeing TMA peeps post as well just for the differing opinions.

That's my $.02 on it anyway.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast