223537 Bullies, 3737 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 79 of 79
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kaitain is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    81

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 5:38am


     Style: Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the guy was taking the piss. Surely the "fought for the US in Columbia" bit was enough to give it away? Clearly someone having a laugh
  2. big_jonson is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 6:07am


     Style: KickBoxing, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think we'll be seeing him around here again after those embarassing statements. It takes a particular lack of knowledge of martial arts to make the generalisations about kickboxing being useless. Although there are weak ass schools out there who teach watered down versions of the stuff - like the one this thread is about, I don't think there can be many proffesional fighters who don't train in either boxing, kickboxing or maui thai. I wonder how many of them train in Taiji whatever the **** that is...

    And those statements about being 50 or whatever and serving 30 years with some army regiment.. How many times has that been pulled out of the hat on these boards..I don't think he can be taken seriously after that...
  3. big_jonson is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 7:50am


     Style: KickBoxing, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain
    I thought the guy was taking the piss. Surely the "fought for the US in Columbia" bit was enough to give it away? Clearly someone having a laugh

    Well, unless it is quite an elaborate hoax I think he is a real person.

    On his profile he has a link to this page:

    http://www.shaolin-society.co.uk

    Upon futher inspection of his website the alarm bells are ringing !!!!! - What a find!!



    Here is Mateus. The cheif instructor in dodgy NINJA gear!!!

    "Lao Shi Mateus

    This exponent of Southern Style Kung Fu is a second-generation combat instructor, whose father was an Instructor of Jungle Warfare and Unarmed Combat in Malaya. Mateus has studied many different styles of Martial Arts in Paris, Hawaii, Scotland, the Far East, London & Bournemouth since he was 8 years old. An expert in Traditional Weapons, Malaysian Sil-Lum Pai, Chin-Na and Wing Tsun Gung Fu. Mateus holds a Fourth degree black sash in Shaolin Gungfu and is a registered Senior instructor in the art of Nan-Pei Chuen and Chen Family Tai Chi Chuan. Mateus unquestionable passion for Martial Arts has inspired him to teach full-time. He has a dedicated number of senior students who aid him in his teaching."


    Check out this in his Associate Instructors link - what a fuckin find!!



    "Jonin Sato Nwemesu

    This practitioner of Shinobo-no mono describes his art as, combative skills for working one's will in the world, and philosophies and spiritual training. As a martial system, all of these arenas are focused on enduring conflict succesfully, and the "nin" kanji in Japanese can be translated as "endurance" or "perseverance". Ninpo is characterized by some as "the art of winning".Little is known of this instructors background and his students are chosen carefully."


    Ha ha ha ha hah. Busted! :gwbdance:
  4. Grashnak is offline
    Grashnak's Avatar

    Old School DM

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,055

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:00am

    supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_jonson
    Check out this in his Associate Instructors link - what a fuckin find!!



    "Jonin Sato Nwemesu
    Dad??????

    :wtfgif9fr
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
  5. big_jonson is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:03am


     Style: KickBoxing, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fact... I'm going to start a new thread exposing www.shaolin-society.co.uk

    For the benefit of all the ninja lovers who may not be following this thread...

    so, further discussion on this guy "Mateus" can take place here...

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...905#post806905
  6. Kamon Guy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    390

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:11am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_jonson
    I don't think we'll be seeing him around here again after those embarassing statements. It takes a particular lack of knowledge of martial arts to make the generalisations about kickboxing being useless. Although there are weak ass schools out there who teach watered down versions of the stuff - like the one this thread is about, I don't think there can be many proffesional fighters who don't train in either boxing, kickboxing or maui thai. I wonder how many of them train in Taiji whatever the **** that is...

    And those statements about being 50 or whatever and serving 30 years with some army regiment.. How many times has that been pulled out of the hat on these boards..I don't think he can be taken seriously after that...
    Who said that Kickboxing was useless? I'm being lazy and don't want to go over every thread.

    Kickboxing is certainly not useless. Even the badly taught versions give you extremely good exercise. I prefer boxing, but that's just me.
  7. big_jonson is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56

    Posted On:
    12/05/2005 10:32am


     Style: KickBoxing, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know. I have trained in kickboxing and normal boxing.

    This guy :

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...905#post806905

    "Sparring is just a way of testing techniques ... I hate these sport fighters who practice stuff like kick boxing (which is essentially contact style Karate) and then think that its actual fighting... "
    Last edited by big_jonson; 12/05/2005 10:37am at .
  8. Kamon Guy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    390

    Posted On:
    12/09/2005 8:48am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_jonson
    I know. I have trained in kickboxing and normal boxing.

    This guy :

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...905#post806905

    "Sparring is just a way of testing techniques ... I hate these sport fighters who practice stuff like kick boxing (which is essentially contact style Karate) and then think that its actual fighting... "
    Man oh man. I agree (and this point is being discussed in another thread) to some degree that you can't rely solely on Kickboxing/Boxing during confrontations, but they are excellent arts to do. You exercise your body, learn to move well and hit hard. I have seen good kickboxers beat the hell out of people from other styles. I try and work kickboxing, boxing, wing chun and BJJ into my training.

    That guy should be hung for saying kickboxing is useless
  9. Beneath Contempt is offline

    Cowardly Henchman

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,012

    Posted On:
    12/09/2005 1:39pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateus
    LOL..

    Im 42 years old I served 22 years in the royal Marines (A regiment famous for boxing), served in desert storm, Bosnia and northern ireland, when I left the service I worked in columbia for the americans... I have experienced real combat Biatch, more than youll ever get in a Crappy ring.. I enjoyed your post though thanks.. You must be very pleased with your literacy.....
    Not only is the Royal Marines not a regiment (as previously discussed), but I don't know anyone that has ever referred to Gulf War 1 as "Desert Storm". It's always referred to as "The Gulf", "Gulf War 1" or "Op Grandby".

    Oh yeah and one more little thing.

    Royal didn't go to the Gulf. It was Op Haven AFTER the war when RMC was involved, to protect the Kurds.

    And there was also almost negligible RM presence in Bos.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.