Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:32am

Style: None at Present

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously? I bet parkour takes ALOT, and I mean ALOT of time to practise and get good at. Good at martial arts at the same time? I doubt it, at least in regards to decent martial arts with aliveness...

Parkour is pretty old now, and every time it gains in popularity XMA REVOLUTION is just that step closer...

"Santa is dead kid, welcome to the suck"

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Parkour would be cool to train, but in lame cities like jacksonville, the urban terrian sucks donkey balls. Plus, it would take up all your training time. Choose XMA / Parkour or choose training to fight.
    I have niether the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manor of which I provide it.
    -A few good men

As the internet turns - omega

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 9:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done parkour actively for about a year and a half, and I'd say I'm decent. It takes regular (like once a week) practise to get familiar with the basics, and that's all you really need.

Problem is, you need to train parkour to a certain point before you realize what is good and what is bad with people's movement. Anyway, I'm not doing it at the moment, northern Sweden only has about 6 months Parkour-able weather...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 9:13am

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eish, just watching that made my knees hurt. It's all really flashy ****, but it's not effective. I wonder how many shots it took to do that? I'm sure he didn't get it all on the first try.

Keep it simple.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 1:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, in some of those places, if he didn't get it on the first try, there would be no second try.

Actually, there's one (I'm gonna call it a triangle jump, 'cuz that what it was called in Strider for NES) he messes up on a bit, and recovers. Pretty cool. I liked the bit with the Dog.

Actually one of the better Parkour videos i've seen, Plus Dope french hip hop.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 1:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Um, in some of those places, if he didn't get it on the first try, there would be no second try.

Actually, there's one (I'm gonna call it a triangle jump, 'cuz that what it was called in Strider for NES) he messes up on a bit, and recovers...
    Well, I'm willing to bet on some of those jumps he had to do it several times. Of course, when jumping from building to building I'm sure he had no choice to get it right. :)

Still a fun watch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoBuyu
    Well, I'm willing to bet on some of those jumps he had to do it several times. Of course, when jumping from building to building I'm sure he had no choice to get it right. :)

Still a fun watch.

I think most parkour guys (me included) dislike the idea of retakes. The general idea is safety first, never do a move you aren't sure about pulling of.

That said, this is far from the best Parkour video I've seen. I wouldn't call it parkour, but rather one of the many variations of 3-run, Freestyle PK, Freerunning and so on. There's simply to much acrobatics and impractical movement for it to be called a pure parkour vid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 2:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquito
    I think most parkour guys (me included) dislike the idea of retakes. The general idea is safety first, never do a move you aren't sure about pulling of.

That said, this is far from the best Parkour video I've seen. I wouldn't call it parkour, but rather one of the many variations of 3-run, Freestyle PK, Freerunning and so on. There's simply to much acrobatics and impractical movement for it to be called a pure parkour vid.
    It is amazing the **** they can do though. I'd love to be able to jump from roof to roof and do crazy flips and such.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 4:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could still knock him out.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquito

What would you call the best Parkour video you've ever seen? Do you have a link to it?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast