Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 1:20pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bad night Bouncing

Allright...I promised you guys stories, so here are some. All of teh events described here occureed last Saturday night; a night I have dubbed "dumb ************ night."

I come on shift at 8 PM, and I am stationed at the door for the first hour. 10 minutes later a man (maybe 55, 6'2" 240 lbs-ish. Not a solid 240...Elmore-esque) gets walked out by a manager. This man is cussing and bitching out the manager excessively, and with a JFS-esque flair for verbal acuity. As the man is leaving, he kicks over a cone that designates motorcycle parking. When the other bouncer goes to pick it up, the man begins to walk back towards him asking if he "wanted some of this." As we all know, 55-year-old out of shape drunk men are unversally dangerous fighters, and you could tell my partner and I understood this by our cackles of fear-inspired laughter. We told the man to go home and have a nice night, and he storms off into the parking lot, where, in his wisdom, he randomly snaps the side mirror off a random Saturn. The local constabulary was called, and the man received an all-expenses paid trip to the local lock-up.

Next, we let in a group of people (about 10 o'clock or so) consisting of 2 guys and 2 girls. Right off the bat we nmade several observations:

a: they had been partying previous to getting here
    b: the chicks were HOT

They sat down and proceeded to drink what I would have thought was toxic levels of alcohol. By this time I switched to floor and was keeping an eye on the group. They must have done 20 shots in 90 minutes, with no less than 8 beers in the mix. We begged the manager to cut them off before this got bad, because we began to suspect by their wild, raucous behavior, overall spastic energy level after what should have been lethal amounts of alcohol, and their inability to blink that they had perhaps done some cocaine or meth before they came in. It sorta answered a lot of questions...

The waitresses managed to convince the manager to keep serving this group against the advice of the security staff. Because they were buying a lot and tipping well. Sure enough, a fight breaks out between one of the guys and the ex-marine at the next table. I know he was a marine because he repeated it about 9302876209857293 times. Brian (my partner, and the only other bouncer there worth anything) and I hurl ourselves between them and wrestle them apart. I sit the ex-marine down while Brian moves coke-head to the door, once Coke-head is out I walk my guy out, and all is well.

Later, another guy we'd been watching because he seemed very angery and was doing a lot of pacing around the floor walks out to the parking lot to meet his girlfriend, and promptly punches her inthe head, she goes down, and he proceeds to yell at her semi-conscious body. I start to sprint out to the parking lot when she gets up and pushes him. He throws her down on the gound again for her effort. I am not a particularly fast runner, so I am simultaneously calling for the door guy to call the cops. Asshole looks up and sees me coming at him with a purpose. I expected him to call me a name do some posturing and possibly even try to take me out, but he instead immediately turns and runs straight across the parking lot. And I mean SPRINTING. You'd have thought I had a gun the way he flew out of there. Strangely, his running away pissed me off more than him hitting the girl. I wanted to take him down SO badly I could taste it.

I checked on the girl (she was fine) and proceeded to search the parking lot for Asshole. I suspect he was long gone though, and I did not find him. Girlfriend did not want to press charges, so PD couldn't really do anything. I will remember him though.

Around closing time, I noticed a drunk bring a barstool out onto the patio. I did not immediately register any good reason for doing so, so I did not take particular note of it.

Until he threw it over the fence to a buddy who tried to stuff it into his car. I immediately started to chase them down, and since they couldn't get it into the car before I got to them they abandoned it and fled.

And to top it all off, I had no less than 50 people give me the whole "uhhh...I forgot my ID, but I'm really 23," spiel. They always argue and cajole and beg. It is time-consuming and irritating. No ID, no admittance. This is not a new concept, you 19-year-old morons. Get a good fake.

I was so irritated by the time I got home, I was homicidal. I forgot how much fun being a bouncer ISN'T.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 1:29pm

Style: Can't afford one yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I forgot how much fun being a bouncer ISN'T."

Oh, but the stories are a riot for us, man. Thanks for the great pick-me-up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 1:39pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a gig I did off and on for the better part of 20 years. I have more funny, annoying, dumb, and scary stories than any one man should. I am so glad that I retired from that business and I will never go b ack to it. I'll be homeless first.

Get out while you can...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 2:07pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What club do you bounce at?? Is it in Westport???
    Sounds like it from the array of characters you mentioned.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't it typical when a guy hits his girl they will immediately fall down crying and begging if you so much as intimidate them? Iím a pretty fast runner on a good day and I think I would have done the 100 yard dash record to catch that 'Asshole'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 2:21pm

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah man, great stories. I have a bouncer friend with some crazy stories like that, one in particular involves two drunk men in a fight. One actually grabs the other's neck to choke him via a wrestling choke. You know what I'm talking about. The stomp-the-floor-as-you-wrap-both-of-your-hands-around-his-neck choke. What was funny about it is the other guy getting choked just stood their and got choked! He had both his hands free and a beer bottle in one!

He actually had to split them up. Good times.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 2:22pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Around closing time, I noticed a drunk bring a barstool out onto the patio. I did not immediately register any good reason for doing so, so I did not take particular note of it.

Until he threw it over the fence to a buddy who tried to stuff it into his car. I immediately started to chase them down, and since they couldn't get it into the car before I got to them they abandoned it and fled.
    That's fuckin' awesome... heh heh heh.

I was thinknig of building a bar in the basement once I build a house. Now I know how to get free stools... yeah...

But... to add to your story, and likely piss you off being a bouncer and all. I'll add one of my own. Back in my younger day, I was at a local club with the guy, jiggered as all hell and as a promotion, I guess the bar had some guy dress up in a mascot costume and wander around the bar. (He was a Coyote, the bar was then called Coyotes... imagine...) So anyways, being a drunk ****, I told my buddies "watch this" got up and punched the mascot in the snout so hard it's turned his head around backwards. What I didn't notice was about 8 bouncers following the mascot around waiting for some idiot to do something like that. I was promptly removed, and way too drunck to drive.

So... rather then wating in a cab, I got into my car, put on a vest, turned my hat around backwards and walked into the bar 15 minutes later. Dumb bouncers had no idea.... heh...

Anyways, have a nice day!

:hijackp:

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 3:05pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch1207
    What club do you bounce at?? Is it in Westport???
    Sounds like it from the array of characters you mentioned.

Believe it or not, It's Fuel on 119th and Metcalf in snooty Overland Park. Lately, everyone who would normally go to Westport has been staying local because of the cold. Our normal clientele is actually pretty mellow, but the last 4 weeks have been awful. It's becoming a trend.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 3:58pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great story scrapper.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could taste it too...!
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast