Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/02/2005 9:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason74
    I agree, but I also prefer to try and stay calm until the dump is necessary. I used to hate suffering the dump just waiting for a fight to happen, the excitement would ramp it right up and away it would go. Was far better for me to learn to remain calm and when I needed the dump it was there, but not before. Nothing worse for me than to go through the dump and not have a fight to outlet it...J
    Understood and agreed. That's why I suggest making it your best Friend. Good Friends don't **** you over or leave in you in a lurch ... that's something restricted to Girlfriends.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/02/2005 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll hold you too that. Spending another year in SF is beyond my means financially. It could make it incredibly hard to get enough cash together to get back to my life here in China.

A week in Maryland I could squeeze in the next time I visit family. Possibly next summer. That's the kind of thing worth living out of the back of your station wagon for a week to do. . . although I could probably afford other options. lol.

I can see where you might say it (sup yin opening) needs to be "wedded" to something. It's like pure "gong fu" with no apparent technique. "Gong Fu" not in the sense of a style of MA but in the sense of just packing power into movement regardless of the specific use of the move. Kind of like a high performance car engine with no chassis. I often wondered that about Tid Sien too. I've watched it a number of times. I was at my school long enough to be permitted to hang out after class was over and watch the seniors train it.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/02/2005 9:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    There's no illusion that skipping rope is teaching me how to fight, but it has helped my ability to train.
    **** that dumbshit ... drink 4 pots of coffee (strong & black) and smoke a pack of serious menthol cigarettes ... every day. Works for me. :dontknow:

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/02/2005 10:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is it with old school fighters and ciggarettes?

My teachers have been the exceptions to the rule, non-smokers both. But nearly every damn guy I meet who can really fight will half the time bot even put the cigarette down to demo something. They just stick it in their mouth and walk over, "No...fuckhead..like this...*smack**smack**smack*..."

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/02/2005 10:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    menthol . .. . *shudder*

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/02/2005 10:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    What is it with old school fighters and ciggarettes?

My teachers have been the exceptions to the rule, non-smokers both. But nearly every damn guy I meet who can really fight will half the time bot even put the cigarette down to demo something. They just stick it in their mouth and walk over, "No...fuckhead..like this...*smack**smack**smack*..."
    I usually put mine down. I know some peeps freak out over 2nd hand smoke ... but my Sifu never did. Blow clouds of smoke in your face and laugh about it.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 10:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Volume 96 Number 1 of European Journal of Applied Physiology is now available on the springerlink.metapress.com web site at http://springerlink.metapress.com.

Please find below the latest table of contents for your registered journal and book alert. By clicking on the URLs below you can access the abstracts for each article.
    If your browser does not support direct URL access, please copy and paste the selected URL to your web browser.

The following URL will take you directly to the issue:

http://springerlink.metapress.com/li...d=N78R44206133

You get access to the abastract for Free along with the Email addy of the author (usually).

I have found that if I Email the author of whatever article expressing an interest in their work and stating the reasons for my interest ... most will respond. Great way to build up a lot of resources to bounce things off of.

I've been trying for years to get one of the Human Performance Labs/Institutions to run MA through their matrix for a few years ... thus far ... no luck. It seems that Golf, Tennis, Baseball and Auto Racing are the main focuses. Go figure.

There are some other journals worth checking out and I'll post them here as well in the near future.

IME, unless a person is fairly savvy about experimental design ... they are better off sticking with the abstracts and cross - referencing for an expanded information format.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 10:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    I'll hold you too that. Spending another year in SF is beyond my means financially. It could make it incredibly hard to get enough cash together to get back to my life here in China.

A week in Maryland I could squeeze in the next time I visit family. Possibly next summer. That's the kind of thing worth living out of the back of your station wagon for a week to do. . . although I could probably afford other options. lol.
    **** living out of your car. You stay in my house.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: Hap-Gar Si-Ji-Hao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great resources and info John,

Thanks,

Steve.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Richards
    Great resources and info John
    Thanks, Steve.

If people think outside the box a bit they can find all kinds of current research that addresses or matches up to MA ... if only by way of a single attribute. They need only gather threads and weave accordingly.
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263233343536 37383940 ... LastLast