Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 2:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KC? Chicago? Cheeseland?

If there can be only one...I think Chicago would get the most people.
    Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, and even the Cleveland Crew could all converge on Chicago. It just makes more since.

However, who says 3 smaller regional gatherings would be a bad thing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 3:26pm

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    KC? Chicago? Cheeseland?

If there can be only one...I think Chicago would get the most people.
    Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, and even the Cleveland Crew could all converge on Chicago. It just makes more since.

However, who says 3 smaller regional gatherings would be a bad thing?
    Just with the amount of people there are in the south dakota area, we're throwing a midsized TD later this month. It's insane; evidently there's a pretty mature cage-fighting scene in SD and I didn't know it. I think that just the Sioux Falls area TD (held in Brookings) will probably get

bad_credit
    (+ likely at least one lurker like walker)
    me
    dakotajudo
    (+ probably at least one of his students)
    lohff
    (+ at least one guy lohff brings with him)

So at a conservative estimate, assuming that dakotajudo and lohff only have one other person coming with them, we've got 7 active participants. That's bigger than some TD's that have been held elsewhere. And lots of the guys that Lohff trains with already train at TD intensity; they field a team of 5 at some cage fights. We could easily see an almost MD-sized TD, although with an Atlanta-sized skill disparity ;) I'll try not to be Kiev II.

I find myself a lot less motivated to do a huge drive. We've got a surprisingly active group in SD, in the middle of freaking nowhere, within an hour or three of me tops.

I am probably less likely to make the Midwest TD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 11:08pm

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could be counted on to appear at a Chicago Throwdown.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 4:24am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    naofa_gaiscioch, is the Eu Claire thing off then? That's such a hop and a skip from here it would be a shame to call it off :smile: I can't believe everyone here in the Twin Cities we can't find a space.

How about we get bunched up like pre-schoolers in snow gear and go at it in the back yard? Or if people don't mind an empty racquetball court, I'm sure we could have people over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 12:40am

Style: i have no style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nerveasian
    I could be counted on to appear at a Chicago Throwdown.
    I'll also show up if a Throwdown is held in Chicago. There must have been a lapse in my lurking and I missed the november TD. I'll need to buy some gear. I originally found this site while looking for non-McDojo places to hone my skills in the Chi, and I figured a throwdown would be the place to meet chicagoans to train with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 10:42pm

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, i've been lurking on this site on and off for a couple years now and have really been meaning to post but never quite got around to it.
    I'm 17 years old and live in Milwaukee and would definitely be down for a throwdown here...if my mother allows.... :dodgy: im cool. Anyways, if it was a Chicago throwdown, there's a possibility I might make it but anything further than that is highly unlikely.
    As for my martial background, I've been doing Hung Gar for about 1.5 years but have been reading up on and studying many other MAs as by instructional books/videos well. Unfortunately, i've had no training partner for any of it so I find it hard to believe that I could apply any of it to a fight. I'm very interested in Muay Thai and some grappling (possibly judo, jiu jitsu or wrestling) but I don't have the time or money for lessons at this time.
    Anyways, I would love to attend the throwdown to test my skills and learn from others. Look forward to seeing everyone. My email is mr_sparkle23@yahoo.com in case you feel an urge to contact me in an unecessary fashion.

Edit: I just realized that i'd need to buy headgear, shin and forearm guards which is going to cost more than I can spend so unless someone brings some that can be used, I probably won't be attending. Possibly to watch if that's ok but not to fight unless the latter happens or I can find some affordable gear.
    Last edited by MrSparkle; 1/12/2006 10:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:51pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has there been any set date/time for a midwest throwdown???
    I would prefer KC. I have a tournament at the end of March I am preparing for and I would like to roll with more experience people, pick up some pointers, etc...

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:56pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always come to Crawford's in Overland Park. We have "Throwdowns" 5 days a week.
  9. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 3:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch1207
    Has there been any set date/time for a midwest throwdown???
    I would prefer KC. I have a tournament at the end of March I am preparing for and I would like to roll with more experience people, pick up some pointers, etc...
    Where and When is your tournament?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 11:32pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    You could always come to Crawford's in Overland Park. We have "Throwdowns" 5 days a week.
    I'd love too, but I live 3 hrs away.
    I did attend an "Extreme Adrenaline Combat" promotion at the Beaumont Club back in Mar. '05, where I believe Crawford's was represented.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast