Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 9:06pm

Style: Kung Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might be in. I don't know what will be up in feb but if the TD is in KC I might be able to make that, maybe even talk some friends into it. Oh btw I'm 6-1 and 180 lbs. I'm new to my current system (CMA) but I am serious about training and I want to see how i stand.

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 9:47pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If unpossible or anybody who's gonna go through South Dakota to get to this TD wouldn't mind stopping in Sioux Falls to pick me up, I'll go. I'll even chip in for gas.

Uhhhh.... I went to a public school here in America, so which way is Milwaukee?

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 10:49pm

Style: slappy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CúChulainn
    Of course. But full Throwdown rules are in effect.

If you are interested in attending the Milwaukee Throwdown on Feb 4, email me right away.

tadhg1734@yahoo.com

Tim

LOL so what are the rules?

I'd love to attend guys...and I might. As of right now I am not cleared from my doctor to play hard. However, I'd be glad to meet you all and do whatever I can to make it go smoothly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 10:53pm

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just use google maps. ;)

I wised up and dropped out of public school at 14. But that's another story.

It's the other direction. My reccomendation for long-distance travel is always greyhound, because they're so damn cheap. Not quite as cheap as a chinatown bus, but obviously there will be no chinatown busses between SF and somewhere outside of Madison, heh.

I don't reccomend greyhound to people who are unfamiliar with greyhound travel just because I never know if the person would be running a risk of an ass-kicking (if they don't know 'bus etiquette', how to keep to themselves, etc), but the lines that go across minnesota are almost always really empty, and a lot of lines are state-subsidized or Greyhound wouldn't even keep running them.

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 12:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I've ridden Greyhound many a time. Jawed with people the whole way, got along with almost everybody. Of course, I was strapped with a hidden Elmore-esque array of knives and pepperspray, just in case.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 12:45am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, CMA?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 1:23am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Heh, I've ridden Greyhound many a time. Jawed with people the whole way, got along with almost everybody. Of course, I was strapped with a hidden Elmore-esque array of knives and pepperspray, just in case.
    Please tell me you're kidding about that last part.

I agree about Greyhound man, I think that Greyhound is underrated. Me and my busmates joined together in Lord-Of-The-Flies-esque primal screams of "LEAVE THEM!!!" when some people disregarded the bus driver and went inside at a stop. To which the driver responded "I can't leave them, but I can teach them a lesson" and started slowly pulling away when they came out, making a fat fucking family run for their lives for 100 yards.

Good times. Good times. You won't get that on Amtrack, or American Airlines.

Then later, after getting stuck in Chicago traffic for 2 hours in the morning, the bus broke down twice and we switched buses (5 hour delay), he had a kind of defensive breakdown of his own over the PA system, complaining about how badly greyhound treats the bus drivers, and how the driver has your LIFE in your hands, and how on chartered buses, if any of us went on them, it would be immoral not to tip the bus driver, but somehow no one ever feels like tipping the greyhound driver.

When we arrived, needless to say, no one tipped him. This was all just the Chicago-Minneapolis leg of one cross-country trip. :D

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 7:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I remember the a driver once (**** if I remember where we were) made a loud, drunk, obnoxious asswipe get off under a bridge in the middle of a snowstorm. Told him another bus would be along in an hour, and what with the snow and cold he should be sober by then. I also remember the first time I ever rode Greyhound, this HUGE black weightlifter/bodybuilder looking dude got on, and the only seat left was next to this native american guy with a permanent sneer on his face. Black Hercules asks in this high pitched Mike Tyson voice real polite "could I possibly have the window seat?"
    The indian goes "did you pay for a window seat?" Meanwhile, I'm in the back, thinking, hoo boy, here we go. The black guy stayed polite, and then the indian dude moved, gave him the window seat, and the last thing I heard from sneer man was "well, now that we got the niceties out of the way..."

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 8:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, as far as the knives and pepper spray, well, the pepper spray is for dogs. I lived in Portland, and all the fake hippies are violent thieving douchebags with pitbulls. I wouldn't want to stab a dog, it's not their fault their owners are assholes, so I carryed spray. I only carry at most two knives, which, for somebody who did Kali, that's actually being underarmed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 1:53pm

Style: TKD, Ken/Tanto/JuJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm down for a bus trip, so i'd go to a KC ThDn, as long as i could get somebody to pick me up from the bus station, hell i'l buy them lunch and a beer for that, plus $5 for gas if i can get a lift back to teh station.

as for greyhound creeps, my spyderco endura won't let me down. all black with their fully serrated "spyderedge" ..mmmm so beautiful , besides , 'stickers don't show and showers don't stick' yeah im down for SD too
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast