Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:22am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am absolutely in for a road trip to Kansas City for a throwdown. But also for something in Minni, Eau Claire, Milwaukee, or parts in between as well.

How is Feb 4 for people?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:14am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CúChulainn
    I am absolutely in for a road trip to Kansas City for a throwdown. But also for something in Minni, Eau Claire, Milwaukee, or parts in between as well.

How is Feb 4 for people?
    Sounds great.

This thread's thunder has been potentially stolen for me by the bombshell that not only are there people to spar in Sioux Falls (my area) from Bullshido, but that there's an extensive and well-supported Cage Fighting scene there.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21256
    I had no idea; I just knew that the folks at the one listed boxing facility weren't friendly to the idea of any sparring without taking (paying for) classes.

This is so great. :D

I'm putting Feb 4th on my calendar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible
    I'm putting Feb 4th on my calendar.
    OK, good, who else?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:56am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same here

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 5:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is cool, I've got throwdowns to attend on consecutive weekends.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:36pm

Style: TKD, Ken/Tanto/JuJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well bad news and good news....

bad news: we lost a bunch of people over the new year, so our dojo is moving into a small-ass room on the ground floor, but its enough for single sparring. and its real close to downtown bars, my favorite being this nice irish-style pub like 5 blocks away.

good news: im down for a february throwdown, but i've got a backpacking trip planned from the 3rd to the 19th. the good part of that is that i'm free and clear for a late february ThDn like the 25th.

i'm 6'4" and about 230#, my buddy who'll ThDn who's like 5'11" and 200# and we've got this skinny bitch of a friend who's 6'1" 140# too. so theres already a mix of size/weights, how do the rest of you guys size up, height weight etc?

and KC's like 8 hours away from me, which is a hella long bikeride, since i dont trust my car to make it there and back, chris might drive tho, hmm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by naofa_gaiscioch
    well bad news and good news....

bad news: we lost a bunch of people over the new year, so our dojo is moving into a small-ass room on the ground floor, but its enough for single sparring. and its real close to downtown bars, my favorite being this nice irish-style pub like 5 blocks away.

good news: im down for a february throwdown, but i've got a backpacking trip planned from the 3rd to the 19th. the good part of that is that i'm free and clear for a late february ThDn like the 25th.

i'm 6'4" and about 230#, my buddy who'll ThDn who's like 5'11" and 200# and we've got this skinny bitch of a friend who's 6'1" 140# too. so theres already a mix of size/weights, how do the rest of you guys size up, height weight etc?

and KC's like 8 hours away from me, which is a hella long bikeride, since i dont trust my car to make it there and back, chris might drive tho, hmm.
    6'4" 210 ... but I neglect my body and only recently started sparring (a forum member here who happens to be the local cage-fighting champ, Lohff, was obliging enough to strap on some hulk hands and bat me around). So your skinny friend could probably take me.

I decided to go to this thing before I found out that most or all aspects of these throwdowns are available locally through Lohff and dakotajudo, so I may end up going to the South Dakota throwdown instead of the 'Midwest' throwdown, but depending on how banged up I get and work permitting I'd like to make both.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 6:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 5'8" and 250. I've been very neglectful myself. Part of my interest in fighting is for physical conditioning. But I'm also very strong, I bench over #300, and am a former wrestler and Marine.

I talked to the girl about the space on Feb 4, and she said it wasn't for sure, but we could probably rent it. So do let me know if you are interested for sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 7:06pm

Style: TKD, HKD, KM, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey old fart here from Madison 5'10" 180... Can I play also?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jms969
    Hey old fart here from Madison 5'10" 180... Can I play also?
    Of course. But full Throwdown rules are in effect.

If you are interested in attending the Milwaukee Throwdown on Feb 4, email me right away.

tadhg1734@yahoo.com

Tim
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast