225272 Bullies, 3535 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

M1T

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    11/26/2005 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AM: you should check out the issue of ESPN The Magazine where they have the whole article on steroid use in baseball. Pretty interesting read.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    11/26/2005 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you give us the jist?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 12:32am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's fucking long, to be honest, and most of it is irrelevant until they get to a lot of the side-effects players got or studies discovered, such as testicular tumors, liver damage, chronic tendonitis, etc. as well as making them more prone to injury from such things as shifted patellas, torn muscles, and separated ribs as their muscles grow too fast to allow the tendons and ligaments to accomodate so they become more prone to such injuries.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 12:43am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think it's the steroids per se, I think it's a combination of baseball being a pansy sport and steroids being pissed off for being used to make someone better at a pansy sport and deliberately ruining his ****.

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 12:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Several years ago, I read a really old article in Maxim or some crap mag, and it was about some roid-monkey who went crazy hardcore so he could compete with those other 1% body fat freaks. Anyway, he was pretty much juiced to the max, and was leg-pressing a retarded amount of weight and apparently his quad 'snapped' off. His tendons had gotten as thin as spiderwebs.

I still don't really get what dude meant by 'snapped off' but it sounds extremly painful. ug.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 6:00am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    Hmm.. Indeed, it's illegal to sell/purchase, but if you have it already, you can use it. BUT! M1A is legal and it's the same thing as it converts to M1t while in the system. Yay! Now that being said, the liver toxicity is easily dealt with by taking Milk Thistle, Alpha lipoic acid and by not drinking yourself into a coma while on it. SGT Fitts is correct though about it not being for beginners. I'd say buy two bottles of M1A before it gets ninja'd off of the market.

Also, on the moderation point, You'll see assholes dosing 40mg's+ while on M1A, or SD/MD. This is way over board, but people want to get jacked instantly. 10-20mg's is quite enough for most people.
    Good points dude. I'd just add if you're gonna use milk thistle, its not very orally bioavailable so you need to take between 500mg - 1000mg to get any benefit.

M1T is 17-alpha-alkylated which means it puts loads of stress on your liver as it passes through there twice... I think taking milk thistle wont hurt (Although I have heard anecdotal reports of it reducing gains); but I don't know of any specific research proving it's efficacy at reducing hepatoxicity of a 17-aa compound.

EDIT: though I'd answer some of the original posters question :toothy5:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    It sounds an awful lot like a steroid to me, but alot of guys I know that use this crap say it's legal. I think they're full of ****.
    It is a steroid. It's basically 1-testosterone, which isn't very effective when taken orally, as not much of it makes it into the blood, modified with something called a 17-alpha-alkylation. This makes it much more orally bioavailable; but makes it toxic to the liver. It also affects the other properties of the compound a bit, it can make it more or less androgenic/anabolic, etc.

While I have next to 0 knowledge of US law, I do remember 1-testosterone being legal, because it's a naturally occuring compound, and it was not previously registered as a pharmaceutical. However, M1T is not naturally occuring, so it doesn't meet those two criteria.

Didn't the USA ban all prohormones recently? I think this makes stuff like even 1-testosterone illegal.
    Last edited by kiai_killer; 11/27/2005 6:16am at .
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 11:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steroids, GH, test, and all of that junk should not even be considered until you have 17 inch arms and are benching 350 and squatting 500+, at the least. That would probably mean at least 10+ years of serious, educated experience.

What's the point? I don't believe there's a such thing as "genetic/natural potential". You can always be making gains for the rest of your life, because there are thousands of exercises for one to get stronger in. There will always be something new and exciting to try, that you are likely very bad at.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    AM: you should check out the issue of ESPN The Magazine where they have the whole article on steroid use in baseball. Pretty interesting read.

You consider ESPN Mag the source for info on steroids? :toothy9:

Of course someone is going to have problems if they take gonzo amts of anabolic agents. The testicular tumour part to me makes no sense though as I don't see how any anabolic would cause that specifically. Also, shifted Patellas, and seperated ribs. I want to know what the hell and how much they were running to cause such an explosive growth to cause these problems. I think these problems were due to overuse injuries and lack of recovery time. The AAS just exacerbated the problems.

As for Phoenix's buddies worrying about drug tests, Most agencies just do profile II exams. (mine does :glasses10) Do some research and I'm pretty sure the Canadian agencies do a profile II only, also. So unless they're coked out, they should be fine on running whatever the hell they want.

I've also heard about Milk Thistle reducing gains, but this is just a load of bs. Use as many liver protecting agents as possible and avoid stacking a lot of orals. Kiai, I thought it was the fact that it was Methylated that made it more bio available instead of alkalyation.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, shifted Patellas, and seperated ribs. I want to know what the hell and how much they were running to cause such an explosive growth to cause these problems. I think these problems were due to overuse injuries and lack of recovery time. The AAS just exacerbated the problems.
    Agreed, this is more likely due to flawed training in general, not just AAS use.

I've also heard about Milk Thistle reducing gains, but this is just a load of bs. Use as many liver protecting agents as possible and avoid stacking a lot of orals.
    Agree with this too.

kiai, I thought it was the fact that it was Methylated that made it more bio available instead of alkalyation.
    17-alpha-alkylation == methylation.

Some good info here: http://www.fitnesser.com/archive/index.php/t-471.html

I haven't had time to read it all yet, but the 1st post there explains a few of the things discussed above.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/27/2005 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly why I didn't major in chem. =-)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast